Incapacitation / Revival System. And Futurespace CyberVampires.

Anaximander

The dual mechanic sounds interesting and things like stun weapons would be very good for things like security that don't necessarily need or want to kill someone the first time they shoot them. Maybe it could be something like smart ammo that has the ability to stun a person instead of kill them depending on what mode it is shot in.

Not neccessarily stun. The idea is to "drain a person" of energy, like with Cryo Ammo, that saps heat out of you, or with a direct energy drain that depletes your or your armor's batteries / capacitors.

Smart ammunition for guns could not work well with this, BUT in EVE, we got Void Bombs, that can burn capacitors within their blast radius. Very devious way of making a fleet blackout sunddenyl if you hit them with many of them.

And as I said, it only works against capacitors. If you got spare batteries on your armor, it won't drain them fast, as batteries are "slow output", while capacitors are "rapid output" energy storages. Yes, there is an actual engineering reason behind this. 

And yes, it could work for Law Enforcement. Arrest a guy who commited a crime, give them the chance to go to jail or lose all the items they have on their person. Or pay for bail. Or ask a friend to bail them. It's your turf I don't care. :| 

Hater? newbie? Hi Twerk. 

Not sure how you draw that conclusion. Last time I remember the hate speech came directly from you towards Polish community on any MMO game players in general. So calm down. I'm not looking for a sparing here. I'm sure about one thing, you can talk people to death. Maybe when you calm down a little you will see there are people out there who want to collaborate not only talk over others.

I wasn't aware fight system will be so advanced when comes to avatars. I was under impression that construct vs construct is THE main focus here. 

If you read my response once again you may actually understand when I'm coming from. I know is hard when you focused on one direction only, and you know it's the only way because it's your way ;).

All I was about to say here, I like simplicity. If you walking around the city and someone will send a bullet towards your head your are dead. End of story. There should not be any extra skills, systems or whatever to magically make you alive come closer and kill aggressor with super-powers that he will not posses after at least 1000h of game play. In many MMO games the very fact there is such variety of skills armours and weapons is the source of harassment. But don't get me wrong here. What I would love to see instead is the harsh environment.

This way in such harsh reality players may actually start to behave. Because behind every trigger there are consequences. In some cities/areas I would imagine people may implement the rule, any weapons are not be allowed. As it is in real world. Some may choose otherwise. The worst you can do is to punch the guy. But in wild, is not the time you play a game should determine you are immune to another person with a gun. But the very fact he was faster to react and better in aiming. And all dynamics you pointed out yourself.

Sure we living in 26th century with nano tech, Some armour types may justify certain things, so the weapons. But if we can form a cube out of atoms of matter and create complicated mechanism out of it, I find it hard to believe/justify there will be such disparity in weapon and armour types. 

Ability to drain a power, out of your toys, well if I think more about it, kind of make sense. As a general feature, why not.

It could actually help to control weapon use in restricted areas.

But idea that people in 26th century that colonised new world, the only activity they looking for is to kill each other, challenge in duels, fight to death on market square to show off the skills and weapons they posses. It almost destroys their own Lore Bible. People went there to survive not to kill each other. Sure there will be disagreement between orgs, politics will start to divide people as always, it may even leads to wars, but If DU will become a game when in the centre of City people showing off their skills and new armours, challenging each other on arena or something... It will destroy what I hoped this game can provide.

Speaking of Lore Bible.

I would recommend you to read it again, even veterans of the forum (not only newcomers) must read at time to time to be up-to-date ;)

especially Quantum branching under Science & Technology. 

https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2016/11/16/official-lore-bible/

A revival pills or any smaller amount of 'emergency energy' make no sense here.

I hope NQ will avoid turning this into DOTA in space or any shit like that. Because so far it looks like what you suggesting here.

Hater? newbie? Hi Twerk. 

Not sure how you draw that conclusion. Last time I remember the hate speech came directly from you towards Polish community on any MMO game players in general. So calm down. I'm not looking for a sparing here. I'm sure about one thing, you can talk people to death. Maybe when you calm down a little you will see there are people out there who want to collaborate not only talk over others.

I wasn't aware fight system will be so advanced when comes to avatars. I was under impression that construct vs construct is THE main focus here. 

If you read my response once again you may actually understand when I'm coming from. I know is hard when you focused on one direction only, and you know it's the only way because it's your way ;).

All I was about to say here, I like simplicity. If you walking around the city and someone will send a bullet towards your head your are dead. End of story. There should not be any extra skills, systems or whatever to magically make you alive come closer and kill aggressor with supper-powers that he will not posses after at least 1000h of game play. In many MMO games the very fact there is such variety of skills armours and weapons is the source of harassment. But don't get me wrong here. What I would love to see instead is the harsh environment.

This way in such harsh reality players may actually start to behave. Because behind every trigger there are consequences. In some cities/areas I would imagine people may implement the rule, any weapons are not be allowed. As it is in real world. Some may choose otherwise. The worst you can do is to punch the guy. But in wild, is not the time you play a game should determine you are immune to another person with a gun. But the very fact he was faster to react and better in aiming. And all dynamics you pointed out yourself.

Sure we living in 26th century with nano tech, Some armour types may justify certain things, so the weapons. But if we can form a cube out of atoms of matter and create complicated mechanism out of it, I find it hard to believe/justify there will be such disparity in weapon and armour types. 

Ability to drain a power, out of your toys, well if I think more about it, kind of make sense. As a general feature, why not.

It could actually help to control weapon use in restricted areas.

But idea that people in 26th century that colonised new world, the only activity they looking for is to kill each other, challenge in duels, fight to death on market square to show off the skills and weapons they posses. It almost destroys their own Lore Bible. People went there to survive not to kill each other. Sure there will be disagreement between orgs, politics will start to divide people as always, it may even leads to wars, but If DU will become a game when in the centre of City people showing off their skills and new armours, challenging each other on arena or something... It will destroy what I hoped this game can provide.

I hope NQ will avoid turning this into DOTA in space or any shit like that. Because so far it looks like what you suggesting here.

It's a sandbox game. Avatar comes first - you can't RP as a Spaceship in an RPG about human refugees from Earth.

Construct comes second. If CvC came first, it would not be a Stretch Goal, would it? Oh wait, you actually thought that the CvC came first... then you spoke it in your mind's voice... then you typed it down... and pressed ... there are many words I can use to describe you at this moment, but I will settle with "naive". Also, the fact you think the term "newbie" is an insult shows your gamer pedigree - or lack there of.

All your rant is a proof you are the kind of person who has a very distorted reality of what the game is about. I know you'd like nothing more than to enact all the violence you can't enact in real life, but NEWS FLASH, not everyone is like you. Some us don't dream of a " Kill First / Ask Questions Never" sitauation only, some of us - like ME - actually want the ability to resolve fights non-lethally. What? Should I kill any newbie that steps into my faction's territory while I am patrolling? Should I not have the abiltiy to incapacitate them and initiate a chat to see why they ventured into my faction's turf? Oh no, of course not, that's something ACTUALLY SANE PEOPLE WOULD THINK - which evidentally, Jack the Ripper RPrs like you can't even fathom,. But hey, here's an idea, rename your org to "Merciless" cause Homeless is not representing.

Also, in related news. There are no spawned bullets in the game. It's a probabilistic driven system - similar to EVE's. Can you one shot a person? Yes, but only if they are at 0% mitigation - which can happen if they have ZERO armor on them. A game dev - any dev - builds a combat mechanic for Avatars  THEN extrapolate to the vehicle combat the concept.

I know it's hard to understand words - you can make the excuse you are not a native english speaker, it won't matter either way, as I am not one either- but JC hss said, time and time again, the game is about complexity. Where he said that? Oh, nowhere, just EVE's biggest streamer on his Kickstarter Interview. If you don't watch the interview, you openly accept of being ignorant and forfeiting your right to keep this debate going, therefore acceptign your hater status.So no, it's not about what you lie, it's about what can make the game have more depth. Simplicity makes games boring.

And quit with the condescending attitude perhaps? You said something STUPID, you got BASHED on the head with FACTS and now you try to strawman your way out of it? How much of a manchild are you exactly? Here, let me give you the next step down the sewer after your current lack of integrity with slanderous comments, go for the juggular, make " Hello Kitty is [ homosexual slurr here ] " . You can go even lower, I am certain, you seem to lack basic understanding of how things work. With every post you prove me more and more right.

Cheers,

OK, I will make it simpler for you. I don't like your idea because goes against the Lore Bible written by NQ. And that's my only guide at the moment. Anything else is ideas and speculations.

Is that simple enough for you to understand?

My opinion is not and should not be a source of personal attack. If you really want to show you are grown up man just apply this rule in your life. You have no way of telling if any person here has or has not expertise in any subject. So far, you only making assumptions. It's equally silly to do on an abstract subject free for interpretation.

And to be honest I don't give a damn what you think of me or others you throwing so many accusations towards. You should really go back to your own responses, read them again but this time swap a nick name to someone else. Maybe you can see your problems and who presenting condescending attitude here.

I think you are some funny guy that looking for attention, that's it. There is no hate mate, calm down, you actually make me lough :)

OK, I will make it simpler for you. I don't like your idea because goes against the Lore Bible written by NQ. And that's my only guide at the moment. Anything else is ideas and speculations.

My opinion is not and should not be a source of personal attack. If you really want to show you are grown up man just apply this rule in your life. You have no way of telling if any person here has or has not expertise in any subject. So far, you only making assumptions. It's equally silly to do on an abstract subject free for interpretation.

And to be honest I don't give a damn what you think of me or others you throwing so many accusations towards. You should really go back to your own responses, read them again but this time swap a nick name to someone else. Maybe you can see your problems and who presenting condescending attitude here.

I think you are some funny guy that looking for attention, that's it. There is no hate mate, calm down, you actually make me lough :)

Provide Citation about how in the Lore Bible there's no way of transmitting energy wirelessly.

If you can't provide answer, it's just you being even more petty.

If you mean it contradicts YOUR fan-fiction lore, then join the hate train. In fact, scrap that, you are the conductor of the hate train by this point.

Flip flop more? No? Yes? What's next after you won't find any citation about "in DU's reality there's no concept of remote energy transmiission - even if the RN's do FAR MORE COMPLEX stuff that remote energy transfer". What? Will you stomp the ground and whine you don't want complexity more? Cause you said that alread. You said you want no complexity. That's the problem with haters like you, you are so afraid of chalelnge, you want people to play on YOUR field, instead of upping your game.

Go ahead, make my day. Go find a new argument, cause your Lore Bible doesn't stand :)

Devu, don't take any of it personally and he is probably 100% serious. It's Twerk. The argument is at a stand still and it seems as if neither side will ever give in. Welcome to an argument with Twerk.

Love Ya Twerk!  :D  :D  :D

Devu, don't take any of it personally and he is probably 100% serious. It's Twerk. The argument is at a stand still and it seems as if neither side will ever give in. Welcome to an argument with Twerk.

Love Ya Twerk!  :D  :D  :D

His problem dear, is that Devu said something stupid, and now tries to strawman the arguement. He will keep saying strawman things until the sun turns pink.

His problem dar, is that Devu said something stupid, and now tries to strawman the arguement. He will keep saying strawman things until the sun turns pink.

I know, I just spent 10 mins reading both sides and it is very even. Both of you have certain arguments coming from certain standpoints and backgrounds. Both of you are using different base arguments pulling from different parts of the game. The whole argument is flawed, but I do agree with your argument Twerk. Not the personal argument about his mental capacity, but about your standpoint on the topic. And you did start using Ad hominem against him first which is kind of a feeble tactic when trying to powerfully portray your side of the argument. 

I know, I just spent 10 mins reading both sides and it is very even. Both of you have certain arguments coming from certain standpoints and backgrounds. Both of you are using different base arguments pulling from different parts of the game. The whole argument is flawed, but I do agree with your argument Twerk. Not the personal argument about his mental capacity, but about your standpoint on the topic. And you did start using Ad hominem against him first which is kind of a feeble tactic when trying to powerfully portray your side of the argument. 

His arguements are barely "based " on anythign.

He calimed CvC comes first - I pointed out CvC was a stretch goal up until a few weeks back.

He said he likes simplicity - I pointed out the game's about complexity withe the interview video JC gave.

He said it's a lore thing - it's not, they got RN in the Lore, they can easily tdo energy drain.

He's just strawman argueing at this point. He'll never find any answer to this. He's just a hater who wants to just grief people in-game and wants to just gank them - you know, what in EVE we call nooblords. Just look at his argueing. He has ZERO facts so far.

His arguements are barely "based " on anythign.

He calimed CvC comes first - I pointed out CvC was a stretch goal up until a few weeks back.

He said he likes simplicity - I pointed out the game's about complexity withe the interview video JC gave.

He said it's a lore thing - it's not, they got RN in the Lore, they can easily tdo energy drain.

He's just strawman argueing at this point. He'll never find any answer to this. He's just a hater who wants to just grief people in-game and wants to just gank them - you know, what in EVE we call nooblords. Just look at his argueing. He has ZERO facts so far.

Ill settle at that 

_

/   (|

(     :

__\    \  _________

(____)   ` |

(_____)    |

(____).    |

(___) __.|__________

>Strawmanning people as "idiots that doesn't understand what DU is about" because they disagree with you.

>Productive,civilized, and respectful discussion that helps DU and the forums.

Choose one.

In other news, I think there should be a revival system via some sort of specialized RN that you need training to use, and at the very end of the spectrum, a personal RN for your own use on death for self-revival or something like that. And the energy/mana/stamina/whatever sap as well as the electronic warfare.  Now, I here that the sapper allows players to counter heavy armour. But what counters the sapper? We could make it short-range and bulky so lightweight players can counter it. So, we got a RPS situation here.

Personally, I think powered armour should be used for high mobility(like the ones that the US is developing) and as a Swiss army knife.

Love the idea of incapacitating attacks. This will work very nicely but only if:

1) suicide is always an option. If there is any way of blocking the suicide button, it can be used for griefing.

2) the means of incapacitation is slightly more difficult to pull off than straight up killing with lethal weaponry.

I think both points have been adequately addressed in this thread. So thumbs up from me.

To me the topic of medics (skills/equipment/upgrades that do healing) seems like a separate discussion, but as they relate to incapacitation, a revive makes sense. While this incapacitation mechanic does not require medics to function, medics certainly add to it. It goes without saying that a medic should never be able to bring back the dead, that's what reznodes are for.

A final unrelated note: Twerk , please try to tone down the triggering just a tad. And for others: please don't feed the trolls. This has been a public service announcement.

>Strawmanning people as "idiots that doesn't understand what DU is about" because they disagree with you.

>Productive,civilized, and respectful discussion that helps DU and the forums.

Choose one.

In other news, I think there should be a revival system via some sort of specialized RN that you need training to use, and at the very end of the spectrum, a personal RN for your own use on death for self-revival or something like that. And the energy/mana/stamina/whatever sap as well as the electronic warfare.  Now, I here that the sapper allows players to counter heavy armour. But what counters the sapper? We could make it short-range and bulky so lightweight players can counter it. So, we got a RPS situation here.

Personally, I think powered armour should be used for high mobility(like the ones that the US is developing) and as a Swiss army knife.

Hi there.

1. Strawman is when a person who lsoes an arguement starts pointing unreleated or irrelevant facts that have nothing to do with the discussion. Like how edevu pointed to the "Lore Bible" even if the Lore Bible - the official one, as people's circlejerk fan-fiction is not bible - supprots my Energy Emission idea.

2. It's not about a portable RN. It's about tackling two things with one stone. RNs are quantum entanglement transdimensional teleporters. I think DU humans can tackle trasnfering some electrons.

3. Problem is, you confuse Power Armor with Iron Man. Power Armor COULD have insane defences, or it COULD provide insane boosts to physical attirubtes, like jumping or sprinting. It could make you run for FAR longer than a person - the artifcial muscle power does provide that itself, reducing your effort by a factor of a 100 in our current day exoskeletons. However, a Power ARmor does not defy physics. VANQUISH type armors, are not actually feasible - or w/e the GI Joe cinematic vommit had going for it. What I am talking of, are power armors in the sense of Starship Troopers (the book not the equally good movie) or the Power Armors from John Steakley\s "Armor" book.

Hulking suits of protection,a able to keep a soldier going past the normal or "mortal" limit. The Nosferatu idea is simply an extra threat, a - tried to find a synonym but here we go regardless - trump card, for when everything else fails.

Oh, you are in a power armor? Well, you GOT to kill the nosferatu player or you risk going down by being drained to 0 Joules on your capacitors and batteries.

People who never PvP, don't understand that PVP is just like PvE only the "Aggro" is dynamic. There's a reason Nosferatu ships in EVE are VERY TANKY.

Love the idea of incapacitating attacks. This will work very nicely but only if:

1) suicide is always an option. If there is any way of blocking the suicide button, it can be used for griefing.

2) the means of incapacitation is slightly more difficult to pull off than straight up killing with lethal weaponry.

I think both points have been adequately addressed in this thread. So thumbs up from me.

To me the topic of medics (skills/equipment/upgrades that do healing) seems like a separate discussion, but as they relate to incapacitation, a revive makes sense. While this incapacitation mechanic does not require medics to function, medics certainly add to it. It goes without saying that a medic should never be able to bring back the dead, that's what reznodes are for.

A final unrelated note: Twerk , please try to tone down the triggering just a tad. And for others: please don't feed the trolls. This has been a public service announcement.

1) the idea for "surrendering" is optional. You just put yourself in a person's custody for a certain period of time - maybe for RP, maybe cause you like the possibility of winning through a trial by combat who knows. If you die in that period, if the person had a bounty on you, they get the bounty regardless. But if they "deliver" you like a hauler, they get an extra something. It's an optional "suppression" of the /suicide option, so no, it can't really be used for griefing. This is more about "Batmaning" rather than "Draculaising" in the game. You incapacitate someone you found in your faction's forest poaching? Drop them down if they are unaffiliated, ask them what they are doing there. I think that sets up a better and more friendly alternative to straight up kill on sight policies. It also sets a precedence for a more HEALTHY community if people can bother talking rather than just murdering. And let's face it, you can have a better discussion with someone, when they can't actually attack you if they already have invaded your territory - willingly or not.

2) the means of draining - as pointed to Kuritho earlier - do have some tricks. For exmaple, if you don't got batteries to "fill up" you won't be able to drain a person's energy out of their batteries - you need space to store it or you need to burn energy cosntantly to keep having room in your batteries to fill up. But at the same time, if those people got extra batteries on them for more "emergency power", that means you can't drain those batteries as well as the capacitors - as capacitors are for rapid energy flow through them, while batteries are far more slower.

So yeah, there is even a tanking option against being "mana burned" or "mana drained". It's no different than any other RPG in the regard "dress for the occassion". If a bounty hunter is hunting a person known for using Nosferatu and doesn't dress for the occassion, that bounty hunter is gonna have a hard time.

Here is the part I relay on and I find your idea to collide.

https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2016/11/16/official-lore-bible/

Check the section Science and Technology:

Quantum branching: Quantum Branching is at the heart of the Resurrection Node technology and is based on the “Many Worlds Interpretation” of quantum mechanics. At any moment, in particular when you die violently, several versions of the universe coexist in parallel. Scientists working on EPR pair experiments unexpectedly found a way to instantly switch one universe with another, and in particular to switch the universe where you die with another one where everything would be exactly the same, except that your body position would be inside a Resurrection Node. The amount of matter to switch increases the energy cost of the operation, so RN teleport only the minimal set of mass to get the desired effect, which is… your naked body. A Resurrection Node is paired to your body and cannot be used by somebody else. It will make you virtually immortal, even if natural aging will probably get you out of the loop at some point.

They refer to quantum mechanic and also pointing out The amount of matter to switch to parallel universe increases the energy. 

Now out of sudden we can transfer any amount of it from mobile device. We can either create some sci-fi based on some rules or leave all of them for free interpretation as we find fit.

I know it's hard for you to grasp, but the very fact I discus this here has nothing to do with my org and what it stands for. We discus your idea, focus on that. It's just my opinion that if game will be more strict about death/revival it will completely change the tactic and game play. You probably know the game Entropia Universe/formerly Project Entropia. They had this revival system, very similar concept in fact. But when they introduced implants and other toys to keep themselves resurrecting on the spot or teleport instantly it created the situation only Visa players were able to afford those and they bullied orange newbies all the time just for fun. Only because they could.

I'm against your idea only because I'm afraid this may lead to the same situation here.

If no matter where we are, bullet to the head means sending you back to the nearest revival point everyone think twice. On both sides.

And believe or not people behave more civilised way at the end in such conditions. 

I do like part of you idea when you can drain energy from equipment/armour thou.

It could provide automated control in restricted areas.

And here is a quote from Lore Bible about Arkship.

One of the key functions of the ship once arrived, is to deploy a 20km radius safe zone area where colonist would be free from any form of aggression from the outside, or… from themselves.

yes ..from themselves part is a key here. 

Another point is, ability to revive on the spot creates a game play such as any FPS. Capture the flag mode. When smaller amount of people is able to protect themselves and hold position for longer period of time. As understandable for game play of this type of game. In DU it would turn any building/ship into stronghold for those with access to technology/resources. Making advancements slow maybe even impossible. Acting with surprise would be eliminated.

This type of game-play I would find more predictable, boring and put in favour Visa and skilled (read: have no life and play 24/7) players

Devu, you are a certified strawman now. You just worked yourself there. What you linked is both totally irrelevant and at the same time, PROVES MY POINT.

How inept are you? Have you considered running for office? I mean you demonstrate the ineptitude of an every day nugget.

Quantum Branching is at the heart of the Resurrection Node technology and is based on the “Many Worlds Interpretation” of quantum mechanics. At any moment, in particular when you die violently, several versions of the universe coexist in parallel. Scientists working on EPR pair experiments unexpectedly found a way to instantly switch one universe with another, and in particular to switch the universe where you die with another one where everything would be exactly the same, except that your body position would be inside a Resurrection Node. The amount of matter to switch increases the energy cost of the operation, so RN teleport only the minimal set of mass to get the desired effect, which is… your naked body. A Resurrection Node is paired to your body and cannot be used by somebody else. It will make you virtually immortal, even if natural aging will probably get you out of the loop at some point.

1. You proved my point. I can burn 150 GJ on my capacitor to burn 150 GJ on my opponent's capacitor. Thank you for proving hoW LORE supports my cclaim.

2. You proved I can drain energy (electrons) which are far far ligher than actuall proton + neutron matter.

3. Do you need some time to think? Maybe mature in the process and stop being a hater? No? 

4. Quantum Branching is based on Quantum Entanglement - teleportation at its most quantum mechanically basics. Feel free to cry more.

5. WHAT IS AN ORANGE NOOB? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? STOP BAKING MAN.

6. Not everyone is a murderous person like you. You see, we people from EVE, don't murder newbros for no reason. Tha'ts what psychopaths like you do. The smae psychopaths that say things like "orange noobs[?]". 

7. You can't backpedal now. You said MANY wrong things in one single thread. Agreeing with me now won't change a single thing until you apologise for being a hater.

8. Oh you mean the same no-life players whowill actuaylly buy DACs? Mmmmm, you just made another bad point I see. Kudos. You keep impressing me. I was wondmering if would slide on that comment i made aboiut Hello Kitty being [Homosexual Slurr], but you went for the "you got no life" route. How predictable yo uare mate.

9. Thing is, people will grief people anyway, and combat will only get boring if it's a slugfest. NQ knows that, they have cited EVE on many an occasion (if you watched the video I linked earlier you'd know what I mean but you didn't).

10.  Oh, also, you take REAL time to train up skills - it's in the Lore Bible, you got a brain implant :V . That's finalised, it's NQ's vision for the game, no grinding for leveling up, just skill training passively with a real life timer. Oh, you don't like that? Join the F2P crowd. Cause so far, NQ's choices favor the "I got a life crowd".

11. You are so mired in Theme PArk trash MMOs, you think playing a game like DU - which is a sandbox - more, will net you more? I am so happy you wil lbe thorouglhy dissappointed. You can't grind quests, playing the game more will just make your life more difficult.

12. I love the fact you don't accept thingsl ike "Ranging" around a faction's border as something people do. Welcome to a sandbox, you do that, or yo uget invaded. 

Devu, you have no excuse. You are a dog barking now. You barked nonesense, you quoted irrelevant nonsense, you made comments on Orange Noobs[?] - might as well said covfefe - and you actively go agaisnt a non-violent thing for the game. You have issues man, and quite frankly, go figure them out. If you want to RP as Gordon Gecko in DU, go ahead, murder all the newbros you find, but most of us want choice.

Most of us are not rabid dogs ready to bite newbies' throats off like you.

I'm glad you took time to actually read it... and write :)

I have proved nothing, only expressed my opinion without calling you names.

You know what verbal abuse is? 

You have demonstrated top skills and I'm afraid you are the last person I would suspect trying to came up with something that creates fairer system for everyone. Rather to bend the rules to your own needs.

And the last think you can expect from me or my org is to grief or be a villains in this game. Something I cannot tell about you judging by level of aggression coming out of you. 

DU has a great potential to create it's own genre. It doesn't need to replicate or refine same ideas know from other games. We don't necessarily need medics/tanks classes or super powers to make it fun to play. I rather looking into fairer system when everyone have more equal chances not biased by external conditions. It pains to see some former EVE players to see DU as EVE evolution or extension. It shows their tunnelled vision, failed to see the greater potential of this game.

I'm glad you took time to actually read it... and write :)

I have proved nothing, only expressed my opinion without calling you names.

You know what verbal abuse is? 

You have demonstrated top skills and I'm afraid you are the last person I would suspect trying to came up with something that creates fairer system for everyone. Rather to bend the rules to your own needs.

And the last think you can expect from me or my org is to grief or be a villains in this game. Something I cannot tell about you judging by level of aggression coming out of you. 

DU has a great potential to create it's own genre. It doesn't need to replicate or refine same ideas know from other games. We don't necessarily need medics/tanks classes or super powers to make it fun to play. I rather looking into fairer system when everyone have more equal chances not biased by external conditions. It pains to see some former EVE players to see DU as EVE evolution or extension. It shows their tunnelled vision, failed to see the greater potential of this game.

You devolved to "I am a special snowflake, I wnat to be treated like one". You are not a special snowflake. You are a dime-a-dozen.

Ye, see, DU creating its own genre is impossible, since it's advertised as a Sandbox MMORPG. It's real selling point is that it's a single-world without loading screens. EVE has loading screens. And technically, DU has TRANSPARENT loading screens. 

What you mean to imply is "I want simple minded gameplay. I  want slugfest like in my Korean MMOs". Well, DU's not that. 

You also devolved into EVE-hater. I guess you are the second Star Citizen fanboi that doesn't like Facts.

If you actually read my posts, you'd know I don't hold EVE to a pedestal. If NQ went for  - or had the ability - to implement a real-time cobmat shooter system I would not be making this posts. But they can't. You'd know that if you didn't write fan-fiction that contradicts the actual Lore Bible.

Like how your org's "we came to Alioth without an Arkship" BS is not even remotely canon. Oh yeah, I know how you feel, you must be bleeding through your eyeballs right now, but it's a reality, your fan-fiction means nada, zero, null. Your only RP option with that is "the deranged lunatic murderer around the Arkzone who thinks he came to Aliioth without an Arkship". Which I guess you clearly outlined in this very thread. You want to have the abiltiy to kill people.

You also don't like choice. You don't like people to have a choice or freedom to actually NOT have to kill people. Cause you are a griefer. You advocate agaisnt any form of mechanism that makes the game into a more civilised enviroment than whatever kind of "I want to RP as Gordon Gecko" Fan-fcition RP you got going.

You are a disgrace to the vision of the game. You are all about griefing. I know actual mercs in EVE who would go out of their way to just gank you 24/7 til lyou quit the game. Cause in EVE, people like you are treated like the griefers you are.

Take a deep breath mate. Maybe your brain will get more oxygen and heal those areas responsible for seeing grievers and haters all around you.

I assure you, there is none around here :)

I really worry for your personal health. Some short walk would do you good. I'm serious. You take it all too seriously.

I am seriously worried about how every single discussion in this forum seems to turn out:
You either agree with Twerk or get insulted by him…

If this goes on it could end up damaging the community and the development of this game!
Newcomers reading this might think DU is only played by a bunch of trolls, and people might stop posting their suggestions, because they fear to be insulted.
We should all be hyped about the cool features DU will have, but this just creates hate and distrust in the community. :(
The worst thing is that Twerk is actually making some good explainations against devus argument, just the way they are packaged is horrible.

Only YOU can decide TO STOP insulting people, Twerk! There is nothing the rest of us can do about it…

But now back to topic:
I actually like the idea of a revival system, and energy draining mechanics. In fact everything that makes the combat more complex/challenging is a good idea. An overly simplified combat system like in Minecraft would be kind of boring for an MMO.

The suggested features are actually pretty standard in a lot of combat oriented games, and MMOs.

This is basically what a buff/debuff system comes down to. In addition to the “energy drained” debuff, there could also be a lot of other effects, like stunned, blinded, poisoned, slowed, and all the other things you might know from other MMOs. However it’s not like everyone should be able to spam these debuffs. Instead it should allow people to take special roles in combat.

These features could also be implemented in CvC, as a construct should just behave like a single Avatar in combat.

In regards to the revival system:
This is also a very important feature, as getting killed has such big consequences that it should not happen by accident! So every time your HP reaches 0, you could enter an incapacitated/unconscious state. In this state you would have eg. 50% of your original health, so it would provide some buffer before finally being killed for real.
Some games allow you to actually do something while knocked out (eg. to fight back), however I more like the way it’s done in DayZ where the screen just gets black, and you have to hope your friends are nearby to revive you.

In any ways, all these features should probably be added after release over time… so we will be able to discuss everything in more detail to prevent the combat to become unbalanced.

@devu: I understand your argument for a more simplified combat system, however I think it wouldn’t be much fun to play. Thanks for your civilized contribution to this discussion.^^

Now let’s all please continue to talk about the actual game now!!

I am seriously worried about how every single discussion in this forum seems to turn out:

You either agree with Twerk or get insulted by him…

If this goes on it could end up damaging the community and the development of this game!

Newcomers reading this might think DU is only played by a bunch of trolls, and people might stop posting their suggestions, because they fear to be insulted.

We should all be hyped about the cool features DU will have, but this just creates hate and distrust in the community. :(

The worst thing is that Twerk is actually making some good arguments against devu, just the way they are packaged is horrible.

Only YOU can decide TO STOP insulting people, Twerk! There is nothing the rest of us can do about it…

But now back to topic:

I actually like the idea of a revival system, and energy draining mechanics. In fact everything that makes the combat more complex/challenging is a good idea. An overly simplified combat system like in Minecraft would be kind of boring for an MMO.

The suggested features are actually pretty standard in a lot of combat oriented games, and MMOs.

This is basically what a buff/debuff system comes down to. In addition to the “energy drained” debuff, there could also be a lot of other effects, like stunned, blinded, poisoned, slowed, and all the other things you might know from other MMOs. However it’s not like everyone should be able to spam these debuffs. Instead it should allow people to take special roles in combat.

These features could also be implemented CvC, as a construct should just behave like a single Avatar in combat.

In regards to the revival system:

This is also a very important feature, as getting killed has such big consequences that it should not happen by accident! So every time your HP reaches 0, you could enter an incapacitated/unconscious state. In this state you would have eg. 50% of your original health, so it would provide some buffer before finally being killed for real.

Some games allow you to actually do something while knocked out (eg. to fight back), however I more like the way it’s done in DayZ where the screen just gets black, and you have to hope your friends are nearby to revive you.

In any ways, all these features should probably be added after release over time… so we will be able to discuss everything in more detail to prevent the combat to become unbalanced.

@devu: I understand your argument for a more simplified combat system, however I think it wouldn’t be much fun to play. Thanks for your civilized contribution to this discussion.^^

Now let’s all please continue to talk about the actual game now!!

Funny, others didn't agree - like Kuritho - but they brought up valid peoitns. AKA, tey didn't pull shit out of their rear.

You are, therefore wrong, it's not about "Agreing with Twerk", it's about "bring valid arguements against Twerk". I don't wnat Devu's cesspool of "I DON'TL IKE COMPLEXITY" argueemnts, I want valid, criteria. Devu is a known nugget in discord, everyone loves petting him on the head. He's sa special snowflake.

On your arguement :

1) yes, the system mentioned is part of EVE's E-War gallery - which is more or less crowd control or "debuff" oriented roles. IT extends to jamming a person's targeing, reducing their tracking speed or optinal range, or even more sinister, confuse their targetting matrix and make them accidentally shoot a ftriendly target - but that's more for large scale warfare.

2) no, see, the gear involved is not something everyone can wear, like anything in DU, it takes skill training and special equipment. It's not magic, you can't just flip a switch and drain a person. You need to have a "Nosferatu" module on your armor and / or a Neutraliser gun or Neutraliser ammuniition to "mana burn" and those things are, usually, high end equipment in EVE's version of CC. You CAN have access to lesser nosferatu, but the POWERFUL ones that can actually make a differnce in battle, require dedicated training and usually ,it's what healers get access to with ther Energy Emission training - which unlocks the drain modules. So yeah, it's something usually healers get access to, so they can PvP without having to be healers forever or have to waste lots more time in to skil ltraining. 

Like in WoW or any other MMORPG, the "Healer" class, is the one associated with mana burn.

3) yes, the system can be extrapolated in CvC, instead of having ammunition boxes, you got batteries you fill up. Which then batteires can power your shiel, or laser cannons. BE advised, this tkind of gameplay is very "melee" when it comes to ships. Anyone with a lot of range to you will destroy you if you are not careful, much like any melee class in any MMO. You can be a backstabby rogue, but if I keep you at 50 meters, you are just target practise :P

4) yes, the Chronicles of Elyria have the same DayZ mechanism. I'd say in DU it could be the same. Just with a possible added feature of having a UPS type of module that can "jolt" you back to life iwth barely any battery. Not enough to fight back, but enough to run for dear life? Sure. IF you got some food with you, consume it = you are back on track.

5) This is an actually legit arguement, I have no issue with these things being added after  launch. People need to try the main branch of PvP before realising "hey, I think I like stealth gameplay more and non-direct combat". That's actually that should have been mentioned already, ineed. it should be added later on However, the revival thing is kinda something that can set a precednece for a whole community attitude. If people learn "neutralisation doens't have to be a elimination", it can set a community on a very welcoming and more social path.

While the Nosferatu numbers have to be tweaked, the revival process is a standard part of the game in my opinio - as you said, like DayZ. And yeah, yo ushould be able to talk in a /whisper or /tell , so people can talk to you if they incapacitate you.

See, number 5) is actually a legit arguement. If Devu did that instead of reaching for straws, this would not be such a mess of a thread now.

@CyberCrunch No, you misunderstood my point then. I know it's easy to lost track when Twerk is always trying to derive the subject towards his opinions.

This very topic and idea was about Revival Sytem.

And when I talked about simplicity this is the only part I meant that. That NQ came up with RN as a simple mechanic for death/revival and I disagree with adding more into it because it leads to more rigged battle system. Will put those who play more and have better equipment in favour and turn they ships/constructs into bunkers. This is a danger of that I can foresee based on any other games I know of having such systems in place. Gave you an example Entropia Universe. 

When was referring to simplicity I had not fighting per-se in mind.

But indeed ability to stay on subject is a rare skill on forums these days so it got mixed up.

But yes, all I was saying about fighting system is a bullet to the head should cause dead.

According to the Lore Bible revival operation itself is so energy expensive that you are being revived naked. But out of sudden we have limitless energy transfers making private RN on the spot. If you failed to see this very thing goes against original RN idea then yes, my arguments are to weak to convince anybody.

Speaking of behaviour on the forum and community. I agree, it's a danger. So far Twerk is exceptional individual here and we can easily say all get use to it. But I'm surprised such personal attacks and behaviour are tolerated. Its fault of all of us. If one individual is trying to impose his ideas and opinions on others with verbal abuse and that leads to ignorance of community, nobody doing anything about it, it's a by a book anti-social behaviour.

Like a bullies in a class room. There will even be few that will back a bully up. But most of the members will prefer stay out of trouble and do... nothing.

I refuse to be taken hostage by a bullies. Shake a head with agreement because that leads to one individual messing with community as a whole.

@CyberCrunch No, you misunderstood my point then. I know it's easy to lost track when Twerk is always trying to derive the subject towards his opinions.

This very topic and idea was about Revival Sytem.

And when I talked about simplicity this is the only part I meant that. That NQ came up with RN as a simple mechanic for death/revival and I disagree with adding more into it because it leads to more rigged battle system. Will put those who play more and have better equipment in favour and turn they ships/constructs into bunkers. This is a danger of that I can foresee based on any other games I know of having such systems in place. Gave you an example Entropia Universe. 

When was referring to simplicity I had not fighting per-se in mind.

But indeed ability to stay on subject is a rare skill on forums these days so it got mixed up.

But yes, all I was saying about fighting system is a bullet to the head should cause dead.

According to the Lore Bible revival operation itself is so energy expensive that you are being revived naked. But out of sudden we have limitless energy transfers making private RN on the spot. If you failed to see this very thing goes against original RN idea then yes, my arguments are to weak to convince anybody.

Speaking of behaviour on the forum and community. I agree, it's a danger. So far Twerk is exceptional individual here and we can easily say all get use to it. But I'm surprised such personal attacks and behaviour are tolerated. Its fault of all of us. If one individual is trying to impose his ideas and opinions on others with verbal abuse and that leads to ignorance of community, nobody doing anything about it, it's a by a book anti-social behaviour.

Like a bullies in a class room. There will even be few that will back a bully up. But most of the members will prefer stay out of trouble and do... nothing.

I refuse to be taken hostage by a bullies. Shake a head with agreement because that leads to one individual messing with community as a whole.

NQ came up with the RN cause they need a reason to justify why you didn't die in the game.

In Lord of the Rings Online, you never "die", you just lose courage (HP) and respawn at an in with a Dread Debuff. In Chronicles of Elyria, if you die, you become a spirit and if you don't come back to your corpse from the other side - yes, you have to come to your corpse from the ghost world - you die.

In DU they went with the equivalent of space magic.

Now, what you don't get - since words are hard. 

Revival is NOT Resurrection. If I put you in a chokehold for 15 seconds, you will pass out from lack of oxygen. I can then revive you back to consciousness. You are not dead if you fall asleep mate. 

You confuse being brought back from the dead with being performed CPR upon.

What you are saying is that Paramedics are Necromancers if I get this right???

Being incapacitated is a "countdown" to dying. People may kill you or people may revive you. If you die - aka kaput , aka "meet the pine trees" aka "pushing daisies" aka "sleeping with the fishes" aka "doing the final planking" - THEN it's the Resurrection Node. Notice, it's not REVIVAL Node, it's RESURRECTION Node. It's meant for when you are dead and done, not passed out / incapacitated.

Kapish?

NQ came up with the RN cause they need a reason to justify why you didn't die in the game.

Sure thing, They also justified complexity and energy expensiveness behind the very process to justify you are being revived naked. I believe for a reason.

I do understand a difference between revival and resurrection. No worries. 

Yes you can perform CPR on someone from lack of oxygen but not being shot in the head.

Being able to perform CPR in any circumstances is kind of magic to me. 

Sure thing, They also justified complexity and energy expensiveness behind the very process to justify you are being revived naked. I believe for a reason.

I do understand a difference between revival and resurrection. No worries. 

Yes you can perform CPR on someone from lack of oxygen but not being shot in the head.

Being able to perform CPR in any circumstances is kind of magic to me. 

Revival != Resurrection. You keep missing the point. It's a Resurrection Node, not a Revival Node. Those two words don't mean the same thing.

Having a window of being saved before death after dropping on the floor, is what revival is. Sure, epople can end you before the windows is over, but that's what executions are.