New fantasy MMO

Villspor

Hey there  

I would like to let you know about a new fantasy MMO, that is full of fantastic feature I was dreaming for a while. Now it is on kickstarter and hitting a stretch-goal followed by another, there are only 24h left:

I will definitely play this game and would like to know what you think about it!

If you sign up there / already signed up, let me know and what you pledge (if you wouldn't mind).

Would be super excited to play with some of you there as well :)

Cheers!

I saw that game, and it does look very interesting. I hope it turns out well but I am not confident enough in it to pledge, personally, for a couple reasons. First, it has a referal program like a pyramid scheme. Second, they team behind it seems a bit haphazard (they have an odd combination of backgrounds). And third, the main game mechanic is very innovative, but also very challenging to develop. So I will most likely not be backing the game, and keeping my support mostly limited to DU.

Now, that said, the game does look very innovative and if they manage to get the node system working, it will be a revolution in fantasy mmos. If it comes out and is good, I will definitely play it some.

Yes, I understand your concerns and I will keep my pledge low. But there are so many exclusive kickstarter rewards, I can not not back it :D

Lets say you back $25: ;-)

1 Month of game time 
Your name formally recognized within the games' credits. 
Access to in-game Chat Emoji pack - Tier 1 
Additional character creation customization options - Tier 1 
Unique "Explorer" forum badge 
Unique in-game character title "Explorer"
Kickstarter Exclusive - A Kitten or Puppy Pet
Kickstarter Exclusive - Unique Weapon Skins with Particle Effects
Kickstarter Exclusive - Unique Armor Skin Set
Kickstarter Exclusive - Water Mount
Kickstarter Exclusive - Unique Set of Dye Colors
Kickstarter Exclusive - Unique Mount Armor
Kickstarter Exclusive - Skill FX Set

Don't let me discourage you! There are definitely a lot of cool rewards for backing, and you get to support what could be a fantastic game. I wasn't trying to discourage you, just elaborating on my position of "I won't back it, but am definitely interested in it."

Thing is, it's made by the same people who worked on Star Wars Galaxies NGE. 

They forgot to put that in their Kickstarter description. Cause it screams "oy, we suck and want to make clone games".

They did have that listed. I remember them mentioning Star Wars Galaxies. And that isn't a bad thing. The game didn't do well but it was well liked for a while. 

Last I've checked, they spoke of working in SOE's successfull games, like Everqeust, not the terribad ones. :|

SWG was okay until NGE. After that, they made a unique sandbox into just a WoW Clone.

They did mention SWG in the videos. That's what I heard. Lol the NPE is probably the most hated expansion in gaming history. From what I saw though, the game wasn't quite great before the NPE either

They did mention SWG in the videos. That's what I heard. Lol the NPE is probably the most hated expansion in gaming history. From what I saw though, the game wasn't quite great before the NPE either

It was definitely clunky, but it was a gem of RP and group experience. Then it became a WoW clone and died as people left it. If they DO plan keeping AoC in a complexity level as deep as pre-NGE/NPE SWG levels, sure, it could be very interesting. But from wha I seen, it has much flawed end-game, mainly, if an alliance is dominating a server, then you can't take a city.

Trade routes won't be a mobile PvP zone, cause people have to sleep in a region, since the game is realm based.

It has many flaws in my opinion, that they NEED to hammer out.

• 3 weeks later...

New update :)

We can buy the game via the website now (and also use PayPal) the packages are similar to the Kickstarter ones and they added new Goals for the next 31 days :)

You can register on the website for free and automatically participate weekly drawings for alpha access here: https://aoc-game.com

Cheers!
Villspor

Yeah had an eye on this for a bit but that's all I'll be doing for now. Too many concerns about it like the biggest being with the Node system seems to favor large zerg guilds because your node grows and becomes stronger based on contributions done while in the node. So basically the more players you have questing, gathering, PvPing, etc in the node the faster it'll grow.

TBH I just gave up on MMO's. DU was a bit unique in their tech demo really showed a unique promise and that is the reason I backed it. But be smart ignore 99% of MMO's till they are out. You will save insane amount of cash and be a lot more happier. MMO's are sadly some the worst flops these days from their advertising till release. 

• 4 weeks later...