The Cluster wants You!

Hello, I am Novarkian, The intial founder of The Cluster.

The Cluster is a group of spacefaring people living on a perpetually growing Cluster (City Ship). The Cluster travels from system to system to gather resources and wealth. People living in The Cluster are of varying backgrounds and all specialties will be needed to sustain it. There will be boundless oportunities choosing to be a part of a moving society. Will you be part of The Cluster?

Please read more about The Cluster here and join us if you want to be a part of something awesome!

https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/the-cluster

First of all, welcome to the community! Always glad to see new people coming in.

Another nomadic org, but this time with a twist. I like the idea of a "perpetually growing" construct, giving people a sense of progression and a goal to work towards is vital to a stable Environment. And "The Cluster" is a pretty cool name. You took a good idea, made it a bit more awesome and packaged it well, so I wish you best of luck with that project. Getting members can be difficult these days, so be sure to stay on it, you're heading in a good direction!

Regards

Thank you for the kind words Croomar! I have been waiting for a game that combines EVE and Minecraft(voxel) elements for a long time. I am very excited that Dual Universe seems to fit that desire and I look forward to playing with everyone.

Welcome to the Dual Universe forums! Cool idea for sure. Not the first nomadic org, but the first I've personally seen like this. Croomar is right, it maintains a sort of perptual goal for people to constantly work towards.

The advice you should consider is the same for all those who wish to make their living on the move, and that is, watch out for pirates. People who travel on their own will be hunted down; you'll either have to get a group together and try and stay secret, or else stick to safe areas. Travel around in the starting system for a while, hop between different neutral/friendly colonies, and stray from safe space only when you have a temporary group that has the same destination, like a convoy that is also heading to where you want to go.

Your org reminds me of a concept I made for Space Engineers, though with some differences; the construct I made was a huge spherical ship with lots of little mining ships attached to it. People with nowhere else to go, or perhaps not allowed anywhere else, could live in the small ships, provided with food, water, gravity, and a small wage, and in exchange they would take the little mining ships out and mine asteroids, returning to the large sphere, which could move wherever it's service was needed.

Good advice ATMLVE, initially The Cluster will be small and weak, and will need to be extra careful in where and how it navigates. Later when The Cluster is quite sizable, I think it would have suitable defensive capabilities(hangar bays, turrets, etc) to ward off pirates and the like. I like your idea of mining ships that attach to the ship and I do plan for having a contigent of mining ships with their own hangar bay.

Good advice ATMLVE, initially The Cluster will be small and weak, and will need to be extra careful in where and how it navigates. Later when The Cluster is quite sizable, I think it would have suitable defensive capabilities(hangar bays, turrets, etc) to ward off pirates and the like. I like your idea of mining ships that attach to the ship and I do plan for having a contigent of mining ships with their own hangar bay.

There are no mining ships in DU. You need planetary lander vehicles for that. (To get your people on the ground that is)

Your idea should work out quite well when you stay in the move

It takes time to gather players to your group, most of the big groups have been around for almost a year. If you want my advice, don't set out to get tons of people. Just find a couple people who you like to play with and work on your idea, making your group as good as you can. More people will come over time if you have a quality group. 

It takes time to gather players to your group, most of the big groups have been around for almost a year. If you want my advice, don't set out to get tons of people. Just find a couple people who you like to play with and work on your idea, making your group as good as you can. More people will come over time if you have a quality group. 

True words, my organization sets in quality over quantity in terms of members (and products). And that actually attracts a lot of people as well, we are probably one of the few orgs that have to repeatedly deny applications. And more often than not, it's the persistent ones who win the challenge, which is why I'd recommended to keep actively on it. 

But you seem to be a reasonable person and I'm sure you'll find your way to do things. 

The Seed Ship will be designed to allow attaching your personal construct to it. You may stay attached and journey with the cluster or detach at any place along The Cluster's route. This might be a good colonization option for you or your small Org.

The Seed Ship will be designed to allow attaching your personal construct to it. You may stay attached and journey with the cluster or detach at any place along The Cluster's route. This might be a good colonization option for you or your small Org.

First off, Welcome to the community and gl on your org.

Second, will you be charging to attach a personal construct to the Cluster?

First off, Welcome to the community and gl on your org.

Second, will you be charging to attach a personal construct to the Cluster?

Hi, thank you for the warm welcome.

That remains to be seen, but most likely a fee will be needed. Perhaps the person attached to The Cluster could provide services or goods that benefits The Cluster in exhange for the benefits they receive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...