Will the may dev diary be late.

FD3242

Will this months dev diary be late?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will this months dev diary be late?

NQ doesn't have obligations but the DevDiaries are stated to be monthly and to be released at the end of each month (without a precise date). Late or not, we didn't miss anything since they're still on a 30 days interval, btw I don't think OP was critic about it. 

NQ doesn't have obligations but the DevDiaries are stated to be monthly and to be released at the end of each month (without a precise date). Late or not, we didn't miss anything since they're still on a 30 days interval, btw I don't think OP was critic about it. 

I know there technically not late in reference to the previous month.

I am referring to them not coming out on the month they are named for as they originally where.

I was just curious if people thought it would get back on track this month.

I do not know what you mean by "I don't think OP was critic about it."

I know there technically not late in reference to the previous month.

I am referring to them not coming out on the month they are named for as they originally where.

I was just curious if people thought it would get back on track this month.

I do not know what you mean by "I don't think OP was critic about it."

I think he means that he doesn't believe you were intending to be hostile about it. Neither did I. It's true that one came later than they wanted, and when the entire purpose of these things is to have time between them to show what had changed in the game, when one comes late then they all have to shift a little bit.

I think he means that he doesn't believe you were intending to be hostile about it. Neither did I. It's true that one came later than they wanted, and when the entire purpose of these things is to have time between them to show what had changed in the game, when one comes late then they all have to shift a little bit.

I get it.

Guess this was a useless post. Just ignore it :(.

If the dev diaries are always consistently a week "late", doesn't that mean they are on time? We just are expecting them too early, we should just expect them the second week of the month, then they'd always be on time... 

If the dev diaries are always consistently a week "late", doesn't that mean they are on time? We just are expecting them too early, we should just expect them the second week of the month, then they'd always be on time... 

It's genius.

Because a devdiary purpose is to show the progress made in the previous month to the one where it get published. You'll get the May devdiary in June because the video is about stuff that was made in May, so it can only happen after May ended.

Because a devdiary purpose is to show the progress made in the previous month to the one where it get published. You'll get the May devdiary in June because the video is about stuff that was made in May, so it can only happen after May ended.

Why are you still explaining this. I got it before you even posted on this thread.

Unless they come out and say "There will be a devdiary released on the 5th of every month" or something similar, how can they ever be late? 

They release one a month, who cares exactly what day it is on? I care more about the content in it. It's been a while since we have had a nice longer video, so I'd love to see a 10 minute+ one. I know that takes time to make which takes time away from development, but it is good PR even if it is just unpolished footage of them dicking around on the test server. 

but it is good PR even if it is just unpolished footage of them dicking around on the test server.

That would be nice. :)

Not sure about the PR. There is a group of people that just refuse to believe anything that NQ does. With the last video where they had to cut the travel time, there were immediately voices claiming it was a scam.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

That would be nice. :)

Not sure about the PR. There is a group of people that just refuse to believe anything that NQ does. With the last video where they had to cut the travel time, there were immediately voices claiming it was a scam.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Yeah, there will always be those people. I know I was curious to see the full video mostly so I could figure out how long it takes between planets for planning purposes. Still, I think the positive reaction would outdo the negative one. The devdiaries are great and interesting, but they are a bit "dry". One of the things I liked about all the unscripted interviews or demos is getting to see the joy and fun that the devs have with their game. It's a great asset and NQ and JC have it in spades. I'd get why they may not want to have unscripted things while it is still in development, but I think it'd be fun to watch. Either way, the game is on it's way :) and I can't wait