Motherships with the possibility of carrying smaller ships around

fabsch412

Basically it would be cool if the whole team/squad/organisation could travel around with one big mothership, containing multiple smaller ships and hovercrafts etc.

Pros: 

• Possible social interactions while flying
  • Easier to defend (against possible threats)
  • More epic gameplay if you encounter a (possible) threat

What would be needed: 

• Hangar doors / airlocks
  • Docking stations
  • Recharge stations (If this fits in the energy system)
  • Epic sirenes and alert systems (e.g. red/yellow alert)  to alert the team/squad/organisation to go on combat-station -> this will create a more epic atmosphere

its cooler with hangar doors and airlocks tho.

No air locks because air pressure is not going to be a thing.

But there is nothing stopping you from making a hanger. We are talking about voxels after all.

I got this question answered in the San Francisco stream and it was already implied to work prior to that. You will be able to have ships inside ships.

Hangar doors are planned for after release. All the other features you mentioned are already in the game, likely for release or will come in a free expansion after. 

EDIT: with "hangar doors" planned after release, i mean that will be added a "rotor", "piston", or other mechanical elements that will let you move a custom voxel shape (door).

Hangar doors are planned for after release. All the other features you mentioned are already in the game, likely for release or will come in a free expansion after. 

EDIT: with "hangar doors" planned after release, i mean that will be added a "rotor", "piston", or other mechanical elements that will let you move a custom voxel shape (door).

Cause you need Rotors and pistons to have a modular element... like their landing pad.

Also, guess what doesn't have a need for rotors and pistons. Magnetic servos.

Cheers.

They did already show the force field that could be used as hangar "door"

They even showed the button people could link to the force field and press to raise said force field.

• Epic sirenes and alert systems (e.g. red/yellow alert)  to alert the team/squad/organisation to go on combat-station -> this will create a more epic atmosphere

It would be great if there were some kind of soundblocks and people could upload sounds they want if there wasn't a preset one. That way you could do different alarms, announcements and ambient noises, even elevator music if the game ever gets what is needed for elevator. Some easy way to share those sounds between players would be good too. 

As for the main topic it seems so oblivious to have ships in ships that I never even considered it at something that needs to be talked about. I just hope that there are enough tools to make doors for different sized hangars, not just few options for relatively small force fields. I want a major station or ground base that can dock whole capital ships in them with some kind of door/force field that can cover the needed entrance. 

It would be great if there were some kind of soundblocks and people could upload sounds they want if there wasn't a preset one. That way you could do different alarms, announcements and ambient noises, even elevator music if the game ever gets what is needed for elevator. Some easy way to share those sounds between players would be good too. 

As for the main topic it seems so oblivious to have ships in ships that I never even considered it at something that needs to be talked about. I just hope that there are enough tools to make doors for different sized hangars, not just few options for relatively small force fields. I want a major station or ground base that can dock whole capital ships in them with some kind of door/force field that can cover the needed entrance. 

Call me old fashioned, but a klaxon is a klaxon. Give us 10 different variations of "weeeeooooo" and I think we'll manage.

Or even better, a Beep based alarm, so people know what kind of emergency it is by hearing 1, two or three consecutive beeps - yeah, it's not a Game of Thrones thing :P

Like 1 Beep, enemy spotted on scanners, but out of the emergency zone for intecept.

2 Beeps, Enemy passed the Miracle Mile and it's an emergency.

3 Beeps "Under Attack".

Call me old fashioned, but a klaxon is a klaxon. Give us 10 different variations of "weeeeooooo" and I think we'll manage.

Or even better, a Beep based alarm, so people know what kind of emergency it is by hearing 1, two or three consecutive beeps - yeah, it's not a Game of Thrones thing :P

Like 1 Beep, enemy spotted on scanners, but out of the emergency zone for intecept.

2 Beeps, Enemy passed the Miracle Mile and it's an emergency.

3 Beeps "Under Attack".

And what is someone else would like more than a beep based system?

And what is someone else would like more than a beep based system?

unless you want the Nokia default ringtone for an alarm, I suggest you sticking with the 10 different kinds of klaxons. If your Alarm sounds like elevator music, something went terribly wrong.

Cause you need Rotos and pistols to have a modular element... like their landing pad.

Also, guess what doesn't have a need for rotors and pistons. Magnetic servos.

Cheers.

Idc how they'll do it, they didn't mention modular elements like that one, they did mention hangar doors made with mechanical blocks, so i talk about what's auspicable not about my fantasies.

Idc how they'll do it, they didn't mention modular elements like that one, they did mention hangar doors made with mechanical blocks, so i talk about what's auspicable not about my fantasies.

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.www.novaquark.com/marmoset/Platform.html

This is a modular element.

Operators exist, so making a door is possible, just not by going through a drop-down menu. Which more or less, means Doors, like Hangar Doors, are goona be voxel made.

How? Eh, put two and two together I guess. :P