Planets running out of resources?

I think there should be huge events (plants being slingshotted into new solar systems / asteroids coming in from unexplored areas / supernovae that basically coats nearby planets in extremely dense (and potentially rare / radioactive) elements.

Covered in Storage buildings.... and offices and shops and player houses... just like real life.

Abandoned concrete buildings in long forgotten territories? Perfect place for a new org to set up shop - or pirates to hide.

Good setting for AvA as well.

And newbs to find resources dismantling old abandoned structures.  

Scavenging could become a good way to make a quick buck. Players sitting at the edge of a conflict, waiting for the battle to die down so they can swoop in and take what they can.

0t9xPZR.jpg

Scavenging could become a good way to make a quick buck. Players sitting at the edge of a conflict, waiting for the battle to die down so they can swoop in and take what they can.

Hopefully destroyed ships etc. remain as husks in space, because that could be quite nice option and possibly something that even fairly new player could do to get valuable stuff as soon as they get their first ship with some room for cargo. 

It would also be interesting to see if there are going to be battles or wreck fields of previous battles (since the resources from remains of fully completed ships could easily be very valuable, especially if they have elements that require rare resources/already built elements can be detached and used as such rather than just pile of minerals). Reminds me of supreme commander games where people fight each other to get mass from destroyed units/keep enemy from getting it. 

I could not read it all I started to get some brain melting issues with some the comments. So if this was said I'm sorry.

I think the plan is to move the Spawn overtime to new planets. If resources run dry I assume players can start on a new planet overtime. That being said I think it would take a VERY long time to run out we saw claim grid sizes, etc. The world is insane size and I doubt you have to spend hours just to fine one vein. Maybe special ores but why would special ores be on the starter planet anyways :)

For fun you could add small meteorites that crash into the planet time to time replenishing a small amount of resources for emergencies and quickies and such. But that would be just a fun / rare thing.