Suggestions for release day experience

Depends wholly on YOUR definition of fun. To me it's more fun if there are plenty of people to fool around with.

- It's not confirmed yet if player names above the head will be implemented

- I actually like the shuttle idea. I'll camp the ramp there and wait for some newbros....

- Such a system won't get you any more equal chance than one spawn point. If you log in first and get that shuttle first - you have an advantage.

I see no problem with one spawn point. It encourages players to play together from the start (yes, even pirates). It's not like on day 1 there will be no resources left for others to get. So you can't login on day 1...or in week 1...or in month 1. No problem - you will still be able to mine enough ore to get yourself a decent base. Maybe the best spots are taken and maybe the best vines are already defended - so what? That's the game. This is a MMO. If you want an advantage - get your buddies together and make a schedule from day 1 - day 60. If you just want to play and enjoy the game - do it. But don't complain if the best spots are taken because there are supernerds out there who will be prepared for day 1.

Oh and newbros are free to post ideas and talk about them - no one will be mad at them for doing so. "Vets" can voice their opinion too and if someone disagrees it doesn't mean your idea is bad. But no one is forced either to like your idea, only because it's a "fresh idea"

There is difference between people to fool around and 10 000 people spawning on same spot/room so its hard to see where you are going or find out who you are talking to. I feel that that kind of crowd was the point Cybercrunch was making. Spreading that out a bit would seem a decent idea even if servers and player's computers could handle it. It wouldn't even have to be spread to the edges of safe zone but maybe within a kilometer radius. Having "shuttles" (just lore/visual element, nothing you can actually fly) would be decent way to fit this to lore. They would of course be inside the safe zone so you cant simply spawnkil people who come after you. 

Alternatively you could just have a really big Arkship with several points where people spawn. If the ship is 1 kilometer long and all exits would be on sides (because back end would be engines etc.) you could have 20 points where people spawn and these would be 100  meters away from each other. At that point you could hold quite large amount of people in small enough area to find your friends in reasonable time, without overcrowding one spot. If there are less people than expected then maybe the ship only wakes up colonists from some sections of the ship and players spawn only on those areas. 

Danger's suggestion is also great. I don't like the idea of queue, but if there is likely to be one anyway, it should be integrated with single player tutorial/some other content. The idea of letting people in at different times based so kickstarting or other reasons I don't like. Even though you could say that people who supported early or a lot deserve it I think it is better to give everyone as equal opportunities as possible an have every achievement in game because people played more/better for those. Supporters already get dacs, alpha, beta and other things.

I will make the taxi mrJacobean. Its like early game version of my idea for stargate organisation. That would be a kind of intersystem transport org but sounds like we might have similar ideas. I have post in "how are you going to play the game" thread on my thoughts of this org if you want to compare ideas. 

Considering the earlier discussion/argument about server tech, those interested should probably make a separate thread to discus the matter. 

Large arkship with multiple exits would also make it hard for any individual or group to wall of everyone else even if there are no large no build areas.

Just on a sidenote here: engines are on top, because it planted itself into alioth head-on at "landing" so multiple exits are no problem and logical to me. I'm fine with everything, as long as it doesn't split the players from the beginning and gets them too far away

Instead of having NPC/BOT shuttles, I bet there will be someone who will just build a cheap one and use it as a taxi. Maybe even a taxi org (an early version of an interplanetary transport org). Remember that mining will not remain stage one of player progression forever.

NovUber? NovLyft?

NovUber? NovLyft?

X/minute inside safe zone, Y fixed fee from arkship to edge of safe zone, (X+Z)/minute outside safe zone upon agreement and if you try anything funny I kill you. Payment beforehand.

X/minute inside safe zone, Y fixed fee from arkship to edge of safe zone, (X+Z)/minute outside safe zone upon agreement and if you try anything funny I kill you. Payment beforehand.

ROFL Eyup!