Euclideon engine for Dual

Slaxx

Allow me to interject here with some tech talk.

You can't use this wibbly wobbly engine when NQ are already using a wobbly wibbly engine. It'd be like starting from scratch with a wizzle fomple. Besides those very radioactive apron machines (VRAM) can only put out so much eye magic, so I mean, not even a possible thingamabob here. Ya feel me?

So what you're asking NQ to do is like cramming a flibflam in to a Pom Pom Knapsack. It just can't happen.

You can't use this wibbly wobbly engine when NQ are already using a wobbly wibbly engine. It'd be like starting from scratch with a wizzle fomple. Besides those very radioactive apron machines (VRAM) can only put out so much eye magic, so I mean, not even a possible thingamabob here. Ya feel me?

So what you're asking NQ to do is like cramming a flibflam in to a Pom Pom Knapsack. It just can't happen.

That's it.

I'm signing you up for a mental asylum.

That lacks a cloning facility.

Could not have said it better my self.  I am a little confused about the last part though.  I thought you could put flibflams in pom pom snapsacks if you diddle boot the hotdart.

calm down guys, i was just trying to show NQ the technology, i was not seriously advising to change the engine. but if they want to make a super awesome game, they could use this one. i know people are sceptical about it, but if it works, it works. simple as that.

calm down guys, i was just trying to show NQ the technology, i was not seriously advising to change the engine. but if they want to make a super awesome game, they could use this one. i know people are sceptical about it, but if it works, it works. simple as that.

But it won't work...

Glad that's settled, now who want's some cheese?

The reason unigine engine is being used is not for its detail, but rather for its unique capabilities. No other engine can handle the sheer scale without destroying the client computer. Unigine has exceedingly few games made with it, because it is not a game engine, but rather used for military and commercial simulations software in extremely large procedurally generated environments. Sound familiar? Its the perfect engine for DU.

The reason unigine engine is being used is not for its detail, but rather for its unique capabilities. No other engine can handle the sheer scale without destroying the client computer. Unigine has exceedingly few games made with it, because it is not a game engine, but rather used for military and commercial simulations software in extremely large procedurally generated environments. Sound familiar? Its the perfect engine for DU.

When a game engine is used by real life aerospace companies, you know NQ is not fooling around. xD

https://holoverse.com.au/whats-on/

by Euclideon

they do lack references but totally dismissing the engine is flawed, perhaps in the future someone will make something awesome

Is that Euclideon? Not gonna lie but that's pretty ugly. Have you seen the graphics that Unigine can do? 

https://unigine.com/en/products/engine/visual-realism

NQ chose it for it's technical aspects, but it is damn fine looking too. 

https://holoverse.com.au/whats-on/

by Euclideon

they do lack references but totally dismissing the engine is flawed, perhaps in the future someone will make something awesome

Perhaps, but it has been 10 years since they announced this was possible and still nothing, so I doubt it. Plus polygons have caught up with what they showed 10 years ago, so why dose it matter?

Even if they did get something working Dual Universe won't be using it. For reasons stated above

• 2 weeks later...

They tech is interesting but it's more like unlimited details on limited data set ;)

It doesn't scale to procedural generation we've got here, not on this scale unless NQ would own few data centres. 

And by the way the engine the have chosen is a decent one. Raw power, not much fireworks and bloat as the most popular can offer these days.

Why change the choice of engine NOW? Wouldn't make much sense

*BLINKS*  OW!  OW OW!  OW OW OW!  LOL

*Note to future self:  Do Not Read Posts from Cybrex upon first waking EVER again!  

Well said however!

From what i found on euclideon, because when I heard about it years back I wanted to know how, is that it wont work for DU.

It takes hours to sort and organize all the data to run real time rendering of it. Which is great for lots of things like real world maps or static map games.

But DU is voxel, thus constantly changing. I would assume every block change requires time to reoptimize that data set. So with so much going on in the world, I dont see it having a benifit. Ontop of that its a rendering engine not a physics engine.

Rust tried switching engines, it delayed the release by quite a bit.

"Hey Jim, I just saw this post from a user that says Gah-Meme engine is better. We're switching to it."

"We're literally 2 months from Alpha release."

Good idea. Totally.

Very Radioactive Aprom Machines disagree though.

They're forming a Union. A Terran Union.