Different start systems

phreon

Oh, just increase it to 10 or 20%. Or, you know, use the crafting system to increase the amount of iron you get from ore. Or the skill system (skills yield more iron and you can build a more efficient furnace)

Skills/crafting probably aren't going to offset the ore depletion enough, and increasing the ore percent will only increase the amount of ore in the pockets of the few lucky enough to mine a decent amount.

Skills/crafting probably aren't going to offset the ore depletion enough, and increasing the ore percent will only increase the amount of ore in the pockets of the few lucky enough to mine a decent amount.

Uhm. No, why would it? There would be more veins. Even if it would only increase the vein size, so what. Get an org, it's a social game

And please do tell me how skills will affect mining, since you seem to know more than me there.

Oh and it would be better if you'd stayed in one unit and not change from km^3 to voxels.

NQ knows about this "problem", really can't see it though, and I'm sure they did their math homework there

Uhm. No, why would it? There would be more veins. And please do tell me how skills will affect mining, since you seem to know more than me there.

Oh and it would be better if you'd stayed in one unit and not change from km^3 to voxels.

NQ knows about this "problem", really can't see it though, and I'm sure they did their math homework there

I love how this ore debate is happening on two threads at the same time...

Yeah, each of his 'voxels' is actually a cube 100m in length. Did the maths myself, remembering that 1km^3 is 1,000,000,000m^3.

I love how this ore debate is happening on two threads at the same time...

Yeah, each of his 'voxels' is actually a cube 100m in length. Did the maths myself, remembering that 1km^3 is 1,000,000,000m^3.

Yes it's great to split up information. Very helpful. Mhm, a cubic km is A LOT. And if you only get 0,01km^3 you still have more than enough ore to smelt, refine and build with

Yes, sorry for the confusion, I used voxels and meters interchangeably. I meant 6.1m by 6.1m by 6.1m. Okay, probably enough to do some useful stuff, but I hope NQ gives starting players enough cash to buy themselves a ticket off-world.

Yes, sorry for the confusion, I used voxels and meters interchangeably. I meant 6.1m by 6.1m by 6.1m. Okay, probably enough to do some useful stuff, but I hope NQ gives starting players enough cash to buy themselves a ticket off-world.

You are still off by two orders of magnitude though. Players start with a bit of cash, and there are market bots at the arkship that are used to keep the economy afloat (maintain the credit-to-player ratio). You should be able to afford a ticket off-world.

I don't think it'll be enough to instantly get off planet. You'll need some weeks to skill the technology anyway

And with server wipes inside Alpha, maybe a few times in Beta, and one last one before release we all will start on the same foot getting our skills started toward getting those lovely space ships into actual space.

You are still off by two orders of magnitude though. Players start with a bit of cash, and there are market bots at the arkship that are used to keep the economy afloat (maintain the credit-to-player ratio). You should be able to afford a ticket off-world.

I went over the numbers again. They all seem to match up. Can you tell me where I went wrong? 

And with server wipes inside Alpha, maybe a few times in Beta, and one last one before release we all will start on the same foot getting our skills started toward getting those lovely space ships into actual space.

But what about the people who start playing later?

0,23 km^3 = 230.000.000 m^3 = 610m*610m*610m and not 6,1m. That's why everyone, even newbros who start later will get enough ore. Now take that times 10, or even 15 considering skills or better equipment, and take into account that not everybody will be mining (like me)

people who start later have to deal with it like every other MMO game. Does it reward people for playing on day one, yes absolutely it does. I would want people to pay for my game starting day one too haha.

people who start later have to deal with it like every other MMO game. Does it reward people for playing on day one, yes absolutely it does. I would want people to pay for my game starting day one too haha.

Yes, but massively disadvantaging new players will turn them off from playing the game which is bad for the community in general.

Yes, but massively disadvantaging new players will turn them off from playing the game which is bad for the community in general.

Which won't happen, resource wise, as we explained to you. Older players will always have soft and hardskill advantage