Hello all, forgive me if this has been discussed before but i was wondering if ship collision would cause damage? I had an idea for a ship that would have a thick bulwark on the front that would ram enemy ships during battle but i hadn't seen any information of ship collision mechanics. Just wondering, thanks.

Hello all, forgive me if this has been discussed before but i was wondering if ship collision would cause damage? I had an idea for a ship that would have a thick bulwark on the front that would ram enemy ships during battle but i hadn't seen any information of ship collision mechanics. Just wondering, thanks.

The devs have commented in social media they consider ways of doing this without causing loads of calculatiosn to take place.

Here's my suggestion for doign collisions. . It's lightweight and is in accord with the way the devs progprammed the game. The systme I propsed could be done, as it would not cause intese server clacualtions ,ti would only compare mass given an objects speed and how fast it decelerated. IF the decceleration is more ,the object suffers "structural damage" which means it loses a total HP value (which means if it reached zero, its fuel tanks explod. Which also means, a cheap made ship won't be able to accelerate at the same speeds a ship made of high structural integrity and lightweight materials would ,which also makes building even more complex and the market more vibrant.

It also negates trollpedo ships for reasons I explained on the thread my suggestion is.

Cheers.

To few games have ramming :)

Ramming, Newtonian physics, Iron asteroid, Huge rocket.

Which is why NQ wants to avoid ramming. It kills a server node. Now, ramming does not equate collision mechanics, which is what I suggested on the other thread.