Bounty System: fun, fair and less abusable

Kurock

I definetly believe the system should be open. This wont shoehorn people into a choice. Can it ve exploited? Yes, players always will. But will allow freedom of choice and fun stories.

I definetly believe the system should be open. This wont shoehorn people into a choice. Can it ve exploited? Yes, players always will. But will allow freedom of choice and fun stories.

Mind this, exploiting means the system is easily rigged ( like EVE's system, it can be rigged terribly for it to be exploited to the point people AVOID big bounties so they won't lose money via buying a Killright on a person with a high bounty i nan "expensive looking" ship ).

Scams are always gonan e a thing.  People may have a 5 Stars Uberamazing rating as Bounty Hunters, and having people going around killing people, so people come to the uber amazing Bounty Hunter to kil lthem baddies, and the Bounty Huter - as he colludes with the "killers" - shares the bounty reward between them. That's something that can only happen, if oyu trust a perso nthat advertises "TOTALLY LEGIT BOUNTY HUNTING BUSINESS" in a local chat.

It's the same with EVE. If you read a station's local chat and go like "hmmm, I bet the guy telling me he will double my money in 1 minute is probably ultra legit", then you deserve to be scammed.

But since the proposed system is a about "random targets assigned to random people" (with exclusions from your org for example) then it means the system favors solo or small rogs, more than scammers. Although, if you are found out for beign a scammer Bounty Hunter, then expect to have REAL bounties placed on you.

It's a failproof system what Kurock suggests. HE can make it VERY DIFFICULT to exploit, but scamming is a fault of the victim not the system. IfI put a contract in front of you saying "your house belongs to me" and you don't read and sign on it, then it's your fault, not the legal system's.

If any one can put bounties on any one, lots of good ppl will be unfair targeted ... 

Is there is not a PK system, there should some system that make the a player think twice before go out kiling everybody and shoot before talk every one he finds on his way

And now i'm talking about game play mechanics...
games with PK system use to enforce ppl to talk before shoot. Use to be nicer to play, when you find some one "in the wilds" or some one finds you, the players use to get close, and talk, many times they fight for the resource or spot.
but some times they becomes friends. Even when they belong to enemy factions.
On Lineage 2, when a player get close to other, and if they are neutral, they use to chat, and most of times get to an agreement about both stay at same place and team up to get the resources of that place. I knew lots of nice players on the fields and made some friends.

All "free to kill" approach use to incentive all players shot on sight as powerful as possible, no matter if his a nice person or not,
games like this use to becomes a barbarian jungle where everything that moves want you dead and a gankers play yard...
On ESO, at PVP zone, ppl jump on you on sight, no matter if you are doing quest of grinding resources.... I'd never talked to no one on the fields, its kill or be killed .. and it sux !!

A kill or be killed system works for a full PVP game, Like a battle roialle game, where the Highlander way is the law... 
Not not for a sandbox or mmo a game where every time you dies you lose everything, you drop all your gear, lose your ship, and re-spawn naked on the other side of the galaxy...

the only type of player that loves free to kill are those that loves to kill others and don't care to dye a lot, most of times use lame equipment, and only plays with big ganking groups.... .(and when he logs in alone he never left the safe zones...)

If any one can put bounties on any one, lots of good ppl will be unfair targeted ... 

Is there is not a PK system, there should some system that make the a player think twice before go out kiling everybody and shoot before talk every one he finds on his way

games with PK system use to enforce ppl to talk before shoot. Use to be nicer to play, when you find some one "in the wilds" or some one finds you, the players use to get close, and talk, many times they fight for the resource or spot.

On Lineage 2, when a player get close to other, and if they are neutral, they use to chat, and most of times get to an agreement about both stay at same place and team up to get the resources of that place. I knew lots of nice players on the fields and made some friends.

All "free to kill" approach use to incentive all players shot on sight as powerful as possible, no matter if his a nice person or not,

games like this use to becomes a barbarian jungle where everything that moves want you dead and a gankers play yard...

On ESO, at PVP zone, ppl jump on you on sight, no matter if you are doing quest of grinding resources.... I'd never talked to no one on the fields, its kill or be killed .. and it sux !!

A kill or be killed system works for a full PVP game, Like a battle roialle game, where the Highlander way is the law... 

Not not for a sandbox or mmo a game where every time you dies you lose everything, you drop all your gear, lose your ship, and re-spawn naked on the other side of the galaxy...

the only type of player that loves free to kill are those that loves to kill others and don't care to dye a lot, most of times use lame equipment, and only plays with big ganking groups.... .(and when he logs in alone he never left the safe zones...)

Yeah, you see, "PK" doesn't cover things like smuggling ,which are not "hard-coded" things like a player-kill, nor does it cover "cloak & dagger" or "shadey politics".

If a person is not trash-talking, they won't get a bounty. If a person goes and trash-talks the equivalent in DU of the Emperor from Star Wars, then the Emperor should have a very good reason to send an army of mercenaries to burn that person's and EVERY LAST OF THEIR FRIENDS' houses down. Why? Cause that person chose to talk shit, so they got burned.

The very idea that "anyone can place a bounty on you" if nothing, it enforces the idea of "be polite, make a lot of friends, cause if someone is gonna set a boutny on you, people will come and protect you".

In EVE, we got "Standing Fleets", which are groups of people from your alliance / coalition that go around and repair your ship, or come and bring you ammo, but primarily, PROTECT THE BORDERS, so the Standing Fleet is more or less, a hot-line for the Player-Ran police.

There's no "PvP" zone in EVE, only one giant sandbox. People enter our territory? They are blown to bits before they can even come near our guys from the border control. People get near your location? Standing Fleet will alert "hostiles sighted at J-5 (name of a system) " so you can pack up your things from mining and go back inside, or any hauler in the area to get to the nearest Citadel and dock up.

ESO, Lineage 2, they are THEME PARK MMOs. DU is a Sandbox. A sandbox is about players agaisnt players, no NPCs. You don't like PVP? STAY INSIDE THE SAFEZONE.

If I want to have my competition as a trader, brutally and repeatedly obliterated, I should have the choice to place a bounty on them.

Also, you said "in the PVP zone in ESO people attack you". O RLY? In the PVP zone, people attack you?! Where should they attack you? In the PVE Dungeon? Well, why did you even enter the PVP zone if you didn't want people to attack you?? 

DU is a full PVP outside of Safezones. If you don't like PVP, stay inside the arkship's safezones. 

PVP goes beyond "Mad Crits", it's about market PVP, Industry PVP, sabotage. What? Should all solo players out there go screw themselves because you don't want to have people attack people who talk shit without commiting PK?

If you don't want to PVP, again,

STAY INSIDE A SAFEZONE.

If you don't want to PVP, again,

STAY INSIDE A SAFEZONE.

Man .. its not about me wanting PVP or not.....   what i don't want is a game that have the potential to be the best game to be in... 

become a gankers "theme park" (since you used this term),  I want a place where ppl can play and roleplay, a game where you can met ppl and don't need to kill or be killed at sight !  A game where you don't lose everything you spend days mining a cold asteroid dust because a random player found you there and shot on sight besides land his ship and have a beer ...... 

So thats why i think some kind of Law must exist, and players that have a bad conduct must be punished some way.... 

thats is

I can already see forum issues spilling over into the game with people putting bounties on others simply because they won a forum argument.

Based on this discussion I can already see myself hating the bounty hunter system and that's honestly a tragic thing imo.

NQ has already posted that the areas outside of safe ZONES, yes zones that's plural, are going to be PvP areas. Don't want your stuff destroyed? Don't want your trade goods raided? Don't want to have friend help you protect your house/fortress/market? Then...

Stay inside a Safe Zone....DU is not a single player, only building, survival, or go do the fetch quests from the NPCs type of game. You in the safe zone not making very much money because lots of people are their who want to stay safe too....find a organization that you can join so you can go make money, and experience more of what NQ has CREATED THIS GAME FOR.

I'm going to have fun dieing in the PvP zone with my organization. If that means i lose my precious took me a month to build super hover car, then woopie DU has blueprints, get the resources and build another one. Hell the repair system is awesome! Some rocket blows away your rear thruster? Who cares?! Find a place to chill, have the resources and maybe even keep a few (what they call em? construct blocks?) to replace the voxal blocks destroyed and a replacement thruster in my cargo chest. Think about what this game has presented so far to you, and see what you can do with it. Go play SE if you don't want anything or anyone blowing up your creations, we don't need you belly aching.

Man .. its not about me wanting PVP or not.....   what i don't want is a game that have the potential to be the best game to be in... 

become a gankers "theme park" (since you used this term),  I want a place where ppl can play and roleplay, a game where you can met ppl and don't need to kill or be killed at sight !  A game where you don't lose everything you spend days mining a cold asteroid dust because a random player found you there and shot on sight besides land his ship and have a beer ...... 

So thats why i think some kind of Law must exist, and players that have a bad conduct must be punished some way.... 

thats is

Hey, you want to RP?

STAY INSIDE A SAFEZONE.

You want to PvP RP?

Well, you'll have to deal with the rest of the playerbase.

Also, YOU'LL LOSE STUFF REGARDLESS WHEN PEOPLE KILL YOU. Having a PK bounty system will only bring more content to PKers who are PvPers, you are just making their game better, you are rewarding them. Having anyone able to set up bounty on a PKer, makes their life a lot harder and makes those people AVOID the populated and "civilised" areas. Also, ANSWER MY QUESTION, HOW DO YOU PUT A SMUGGLER INTO A PK SYSTEM????????

So, a smuggler can ruin a faction's economy with cosntant unregulated goods and sipohining money out of their economy and the factio nhas to just take it like bitches? What? Should we reward thieves like smugglers??? How about thieves? Should we reward thieves? Or people hwho fly under the radar? It's either people can set up bounties that any solo player can collect or you make Bounty Hunting sometihing actually very  VERY few people can have access to - like EVE's shit system that enables only few people to enjoy being a bounty hutner for actual rewards. 

Theme-Park MMO is not "a term Twerk came up with", it's what ESO, WoW, Lineage, all those MMORPGs are called, where you are bascially, Link from Zelda out to save the Princess from an Evil Badguy Dragon-Goat-Pig-Man. DU is not that. you don't got quests, so you need player-set quests. Some players may have evil intends for hiring you, but hey CHOICE IUS YOURS. Safezones are EXACTLY for RPers or builders, who DON'T want to take risks or confront people. 

Also, the law system IS the bounty system. Players get to define what's right or wrong, cause it's a SANDBOX. It's about PLAYER-CHOICE. There is NO "kingdom of the high edgelords" that dictates what's right or wrong, only players rewarding other players for doing thier dirty work. This bounty system Kurock provides here, is about making solo and small orgs relevant by being able to take good pay for hunting down a target or targets (in the case of an entire organisation or ship and its crew). In a game about Cyborg Humans who can't really die, the arguement "law system for PK" is silly.

PK "bounties on badguys" belong in the 90s, where morality was "good guys have blue laserswords , bad guys have red laserswords". Real life is just a shade of grey, with only 1% of it being actually black and white.

Again, if you don't like PVP and want to RP, I got no problem, but :

STAY INSIDE A SAFEZONE.

None of your points stand up, unless you are a toxic person who can't make friends and is usually hated in any MMO you play. If oyu want to talk shit like in other games and afraid of people putting bounties on your head, well guess, what you should change your tune. Nobody in eVE puts a 10 Billion in-game money bounty (around 150 Euro / USD if you convert isk to real money) on a nobody who did nothing. People who get high bounties like that , are people who like "talking shit" in Teamspeak and inside Teamspeak servers thinking they are safe. You talk shit?  You get beat. Thing is i, that 10 billion isk bounty? Nobody without OUT OF THE GAME connections wil lever experience, cause it's not ap rt of the game ,it's an out of the game feature, cause the in-game bounyty system is only about "PK peopel gtting bounties".

So, unless you plan on "talking tough" about people, the bounty system Kurock provides us here is keeping YOUR ass safe.   

If you want ore, you can hire people to mine, or you can hire protection or you can  JOIN AN ORGANISATION that will mine with or for you and bring you back the ore which you can craft into whatever and then be paid on a portion of the profits on the market. That's a sandbox. If you don't like doing something, you PAY another to do it, same goes for Hauling,same goes for Mining, same goes for Bounty Hunting. Cause some people may suck at PVP and want to hire a hitman to beat down on a person who talk shit about them.

NQ SHOULD NOT CATER TO YOUR SOLO PLAYER, RP, PVP-AVOIDING DEMOGRAPHIC.

NQ has already posted that the areas outside of safe ZONES, yes zones that's plural, are going to be PvP areas. Don't want your stuff destroyed? Don't want your trade goods raided? Don't want to have friend help you protect your house/fortress/market? Then...

Stay inside a Safe Zone....DU is not a single player, only building, survival, or go do the fetch quests from the NPCs type of game. You in the safe zone not making very much money because lots of people are their who want to stay safe too....find a organization that you can join so you can go make money, and experience more of what NQ has CREATED THIS GAME FOR.

I'm going to have fun dieing in the PvP zone with my organization. If that means i lose my precious took me a month to build super hover car, then woopie DU has blueprints, get the resources and build another one. Hell the repair system is awesome! Some rocket blows away your rear thruster? Who cares?! Find a place to chill, have the resources and maybe even keep a few (what they call em? construct blocks?) to replace the voxal blocks destroyed and a replacement thruster in my cargo chest. Think about what this game has presented so far to you, and see what you can do with it. Go play SE if you don't want anything or anyone blowing up your creations, we don't need you belly aching.

Yeah, they did say more Arkships will be progressively discovered as time passes and people explore new systems.

Thing is, it's called a Safezone, cause 99.9% of the game is a PVP zone. And RDMS tags take care (for the most part) of the rest within Protection Bubbles (player-made "safe-ish" zones).

Dying outside of the safezone is inevitable. Your ship, your gun, your armor, are not forever, they are disposable. Thing is, with a freeform Bounty System enabling people to put bounties on anyone, it makes solo and small group of people, able to function. You got a ship? Cool, you can be the Firefly crew and go around, finding smugglers and blowing them up or going after and exploding a factory, ror w/e else job you are being offered.  

I guess small groups should go kill themselves, cause according to people like Lynkx, only large orgs should be rewarded for bounties, as PKers usually have BACKUP, a lot of backup, which means unless you are part of a giant alliance, you don't get to reap the rewards from bounties - or even worse, makes Bounties a joke, like in EVE.

I still can't understand why people expect DU to be Space Engineers or Theme Park MMO #23151616. But it's as you said, people who don't liek the multic-crew, palyer-driven world, they sohuld go play a SE or not any sandbox  out there.

To be blunt, the system about putting a bounty on a person's head WILL happen, with or without NQ's implementation of contract mechanic. NQ though has EVERY GOOD INTEREST in it for beign accessible to all people and not hidden behind cllosed doors and tons and tons of meta-game.

If I can make 1/5 of a subscription in EVE, every time I let people know "hey, the guy you look for, yeah, he's in system, docked at X station with his uber-expensive ship", guess what would happen in DU, when those bounty hunters can STORM that Space Station. NQ can just make the system, implement te cotnracts in-gam,e and let players build on top of it.

Oh, why I can make 250 million isk in EVE for alerting bounty hunters? Cause those bounty hunters usually are paid ten times a subscription to blow up a person's expensive ship, so their 250 millions are spare change to them in comparison to the actually payout. To them, having informants is just an ivnestment. Too bad that system in eVE, is not a part of the core game, but hidden behind a 10 meters thick wall of meta you have to drill through, while it ciuld easily be part of the main game as a contract system.

I have some issues with your posts there. What are good people? Why shouldn't they too be targets? Why should they be protected?

Lets take two peacefull mining orgs. They compete with each other over some vein and yell at each other who was here first. One org hires someone to kill the other org members. Who's the bad guy here? The Merc who killed? Org A who gave the order? Or Org B who took (possibly unrightful?) the spot?

You seem to assume that ALL players/pirates/mercs will just kill anyone who ventures outside the arkzone. Possibly. Who knows. But there are a lot of guys out there who will just ignore you. Or team up with you.

Happens in EVE (bad community in the eyes of many, bad all-out-PVP sandbox, toxic people, yadda yadda yadda) ALL the time - You kill and get killed, one day you kill some group of players and the next day you call them for help to defend your home. And guess what, they come *shock*

Besides, you should really rethink your whole point: Guess where the biggest market will be located for a looooooooooooooong time: the arkzone. And guess what the people running it will do to some griefer/pirate/ganklord who just harasses and kills everyone on sight: decline him access to that market. And that's really a hard punishment - gl then selling your stuff to get quanta to get ships to kill.....

That's exactly why you can build protection bubbles or use the arkzone. Problem solved.

Who would make that law? Why favor some playstyle and denounce other ones? Who defines "bad"? Is scamming bad? Is killing bad?

See above for more information - pirates/killers/griefers/scammers won't have an easy time in DU. And no, alts don't help you much there....

NQ SHOULD NOT CATER TO YOUR SOLO PLAYER, RP, PVP-AVOIDING DEMOGRAPHIC.

... Further than they already have over everyone else. You already have a safezone where you can avoid combat, you already have the depth of space to solo-roam around (if you can survive) and there are many opportunities to RP (in fact, you can RP all the time).

The open bounty system does the same function as the one that Lynkx suggested, but instead of only being a select group of players and funded from the hunters themselves (via the tax, which would not work anyway), anyone can be the target and its from your own money: the way it should be. You want that PKer to get hurt back, you are going to need to pay for it. The bounty system is what is supposed to be the deterrent against pirates, griefers and scammers, but it won't be if it only targets those who kill.

... Further than they already have over everyone else. You already have a safezone where you can avoid combat, you already have the depth of space to solo-roam around (if you can survive) and there are many opportunities to RP (in fact, you can RP all the time).

The open bounty system does the same function as the one that Lynkx suggested, but instead of only being a select group of players and funded from the hunters themselves (via the tax, which would not work anyway), anyone can be the target and its from your own money: the way it should be. You want that PKer to get hurt back, you are going to need to pay for it. The bounty system is what is supposed to be the deterrent against pirates, griefers and scammers, but it won't be if it only targets those who kill.

Yeah. Thing is, a bounty system can be the best way for solo players or small groups to have a purpose in the game, without having to default into a bigger faction.

But aside fro mthe debate, I'd say for Bounty Terminals to be inter-linked with other Bounty Terminlas of YOUR choice when yo uset it up, so Bounty Agencies can "set up shop" within a faction's territory. I mean, if you know a factio nspecialiseds on blowing ships up, you'd go to them for setting up a ship to explode - following tesame deal of anonymity, you just know general locations of where a ship is, not where exactly is is, you 'll nee to track down the ship.

You wanna have access to a Bounty Agency's "cliente" ? You join the Bounty Agency, and accept a Taxation on your contract earnings that you take fro ma BOunty Agency's terminals. 

That's actually making meta-game, RP and social interactions crucials. This Agency needs to mauntain informants, so it needs to have revenue for paying the different people it has on its payroll. As for "hiding the payments" , no worries, smarter people than the average community dweller will figure out a way for payments that are not "here's a bag of money" that would alert a faction of "hey, this guy got a lot of omoney on his character's wallet in one dump, I bet he's a spy for X bounty angecy. let's kick him". And I will stop on that, cause the tradecraft involved for being paid for intel via marekt escrows is a bit... arcane.

That can create RP PvP Bounty Hunters ala Dark Brotherhood from The Elder Scrolls with bounty agencies aw well.

Last I've checked, the Brotherhood doesn't give a flying flak about if people are innocent or not. They get paid and crazy shenanigans happen to people... like them fuel tanks exploding...outo f nowhere...taking down the ship and the person flying it.

Who could have known the engineer who refuelled said ship actually put a C4 on the fuel tank as well...

For those that have read this far, kudos. ;)

This thread is about bounty hunting, not a law system. Sure, bounty hunting could be used to "enforce" a law system and it is difficult to talk about one without the other, but I think that a law system is a more than large enough topic for its own thread. (Any takers?)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions no matter how misguided they may be. Please make an attempt at a minuscule amount of civility.

P.S. Preach it, Twerk

I agree with a bounty system must be in place those who are pirates or sought after, there may be the opportunity to get a quest from a npc random player with bounty wearing

Or a player to chase these people via other players ,,

So you have some kind of law and just like Robinhood you are lawless ..

I agree with a bounty system must be in place those who are pirates or sought after, there may be the opportunity to get a quest from a npc random player with bounty wearing

Or a player to chase these people via other players ,,

So you have some kind of law and just like Robinhood you are lawless ..

There are no NPCs

• 10 months later...

I'm in Kurock: law system here we go.

From a philosophical standpoint, DU is supposed to be about building a civilization.  While civilizations have laws, the laws are made up by their members.  The members are always completely free to ignore the laws, and the civilization is always completely free to impart stiff consequences on the members that do so.  The only laws in real life that we can't break are the laws of physics.  Therefore, it seems to me that the most authentic role-play would be to expect that anyone can kill you at any time, and design your organizations to deal with that reality.  Early phases of civilization were like that. 

Even in the absence of safe zones, players can find ways to make it safe enough to play their style.  Once the game reaches alpha, I will want to try creating an accord, where member organizations agree to follow certain laws, and agree on consequences for those that don't.  Rather than make the game so that it prevents aggressive or antisocial behavior, let's mitigate it ourselves through RP, with our own code of law, governance, and policing.  Since people resurrect, the "dead men tell no tales" idea won't actually apply, so it will be rather easy for groups to identify attackers.  The system might be abused, but to my mind, even the abuse of it is good RP content (more realistic, no?).

I don't think bounty hunters are sufficient enforcement, though it would be a useful mechanism to support it.  I think organizations should just take justice into their own hands; the idea of government in real life is to be an overwhelming force that can impose its will on any individual or group.  To achieve this in-game would require a coalition of orgs, probably, to basically just squash pirate groups.  The DU equivalent of an MMO raid may be attacking the base of operations of an org that decided shooting everyone was better than talking to everyone.

Actually, this line of thinking makes me wish that safe zones didn't exist at all (or maybe were only accessible to new players); it will be too easy for pirate groups to hide their assets in safe areas, and conduct their violence freely without fear of reprisals.  In real life, the right answer to pirates and killers is a missile strike to the base of operations.  If there is an artificial bubble of safety around that base, the pirates will find it too easy to rebuild after losing a couple ships.  Far better if the community can respond to violent behavior with scorched earth punishment, leaving not a single element or asset standing.  This may mean that economic sanctions are more effective than destruction of pirate assets.....

Many things to ponder here.  Who want's to write the DU edition of Hammurabi's code?

Amazing thoughts. I may be off base here, but I think it will be some kind of player run political system in conjunction with systematic constitution, I think that is more of the direction, based on what they have advertised. How would that system work? Voting, official positions, accountability to all players to ensure fairness and justice.

Worth a thought, I have never heard of such a thing, but how else would a political system look?

6 minutes ago, dw_ace_918 said:

Amazing thoughts. I may be off base here, but I think it will be some kind of player run political system in conjunction with systematic constitution, I think that is more of the direction, based on what they have advertised. How would that system work? Voting, official positions, accountability to all players to ensure fairness and justice.

Worth a thought, I have never heard of such a thing, but how else would a political system look?

You may ask "how does this relate to bounties?" Just like real life, accused, summoned, evading justice, leads to bounty. Accused is caught, trial and evidence, judgment, if voted guilty, pays accordingly... ect...

All with inherent human error and corruption and global accountability. everyone can follow political issues and elect leaders anonymously. That's one type of political system example anyway.  That's what I think we should be considering.

Why does DU need a "Bounty System" ?

And who will administer it, the arkship AI ?

Is the "system" there to protect "official" bounty hunters from being scammed by the people who hire them ? Does the arkship AI keep the bounty payout in escrow until the mark has been hit ?

Or is the "system" there to allow people to place bounties anonymously without any fear of reprisal ?

Or does the system allow the "Bounty Hunter class" to do things that other players cannot do (like killing people in the safezone) ?

Bounties (a.k.a. assassination contracts) will exist in DU with or without an "official" system provided by the game designers. That's part of emergent gameplay that cannot be stopped. It will be freewheeling and risky and dangerous to all concerned. There will be scams and double-crossing and back-stabbing and all the shenanigans that players can conceive of. And that is how it should be...

DU only needs a "Bounty System" if said bounty hunters have special privileges that allow them to do things that the game rules prevent others from doing.

Don't even put a bounty 'system' in. Only have the mechanic for a trophy you take from a corpse. Like their helmet or something.

When someone is pissing yoy off: put a price on their head. When the bounty hunter kills them then they take a trophy and bring it back. Easy peasy.

There's a difference between a bounty hunter and a hired killer. An organisation will realise that and ostracise any contractors they deem as undesirable. Associating with said undesirables would only serve to sully their reputation. If a disreputable hunter came with the head of a bounty target then the poster of the bounty could simply refuse to pay them.

There's a reason orgs like BOO are going to exist. They essentially serve as a hub for hitmen and smugglers etc.

18 hours ago, Veld said:

Don't even put a bounty 'system' in. Only have the mechanic for a trophy you take from a corpse. Like their helmet or something.

When someone is pissing yoy off: put a price on their head. When the bounty hunter kills them then they take a trophy and bring it back. Easy peasy.

There's a difference between a bounty hunter and a hired killer. An organisation will realise that and ostracise any contractors they deem as undesirable. Associating with said undesirables would only serve to sully their reputation. If a disreputable hunter came with the head of a bounty target then the poster of the bounty could simply refuse to pay them.

There's a reason orgs like BOO are going to exist. They essentially serve as a hub for hitmen and smugglers etc.

Have a issue have alot of ingame cash? within mere minites whoever wronged you would burn This is a system I can support player run theres no need for a bounty arkship AI players will run this systym