DU Politics - Current State of Affairs

Saul Retav

Hello, Humans!

Since I've been away from the forum recently the community has grown substantially. Being slightly OCD, I thought it would be a good idea to chart the "state of affairs" of DU's organizations. I may periodically update the chart so current, and new, members can stay informed about the "big picture" of org development.

Due to the rapid creation and abandonment of smaller orgs, I've only picked those with at least 30 members (smaller orgs will be considered upon request). As smaller orgs grow to that size and interact with others, I can add them too.

Numbers beneath the org names approximate the number of members.

Green lines represent alliances between orgs.

Blue lines represent trade agreements between orgs.

Grey curved lines represent membership between orgs.

I'd love some feedback and/or recommendations on the following post(s):

Once again DU Explorers is excluded from yet another chart 

I can include them, but are they planning to be a significant political or economic in-game entity? Based on their description, I didn't think so (which is why I left out Alpha Academy, too).

i love how he shuns Boo, TVR, and all those other prgs from showing any info other than members. you can easily add them by just showing whos hostile to who

Who is hostile to whom? I'd add connections, but I wasn't aware of any hostilities (I thought it was largely neutral).

Who is hostile to whom? I'd add connections, but I wasn't aware of any hostilities (I thought it was largely neutral).

TVR is pretty much disliked by everyone that is active around the community. Long history of trolling and spamming in other orgs discords and other general bad behaviour. If you want to know more about orgs i suggest you join the DU explorers DU Discord. Most people hang around there.

There is an incredibly intricate political fabric buried beneath the surface, and no one can see it all.

Indeed. For example, consider all of the internal politics within each organization - all of the power struggles and the complex affairs involved with even the smallest orgs. Yet this is a good start nonetheless.

Books could be written just on the politics of some orgs. Everywhere you look there are cultures being built and born. Personalities turn to legend, and it all melds into an imaginative roleplay. The world may be bare and blank when we first set foot in it, but there will already a rich tapestry of people to inhabit it. 

I am interested in seeing the evolution of this map myself.  Most of what I "hear" or read rather seem to be nonfactual.  It seems that history is going to become important in this game.  As I've said in another post, I hope to be playing DU for many years and eventually some decisions from the beginning could eventually have ripple effects later on especially when other people have awakened on the arkship but haven't contributed to so-called past events that seem to only exist in peoples' memories.

Personally, I would like to see some version of this in-game.

The only real issue I can see arising is if certain organizations wish to keep their political affiliations secret.

Maybe it could be an optional thing, as in organizations could choose not to be included in the list. Either way, it would be nice to see the connections between different orgs in real time.

*Update* (GLSU < CSYN, new aesthetic)

0YfS1I3.jpg

GLSU is currently a member org of CSYN btw

Got it (Code24 PM'd me on that too). Thanks!

Personally, I would like to see some version of this in-game.
The only real issue I can see arising is if certain organizations wish to keep their political affiliations secret.

Maybe it could be an optional thing, as in organizations could choose not to be included in the list. Either way, it would be nice to see the connections between different orgs in real time.

I'm sure there'll be some player-run, interplanetary news organization that could keep info like this up to date for the public. Until then, I'll try to manage.

Does anyone know if there's any other umbrella organizations that may have less than 50 unique members, but with enough sub-orgs to total more than 50 sub-members?

*update* (added orgs with at least 30 members (Vortrex, AEF, DUA) and their connections, updated Void - Dual Secure connection)

The political divisions are becoming more apparent now...

Seems like you are getting further and further  B)