A Partnership

SamurHigh

We know its a foolish dream .... but imagine  rrssss

Star Citzen its great on ships, realism, mechanics, graphics, fly simulation...
DU will be great at game-play, freedom, market..... 

I'd like to have time to play both  

T.T

No thanks. Would much rather have DUs ship and construct building then premade prefab stuff like in SC. Plus the true open world sandbox feel of DU. Don't really see the two games besides space/sci-fi having much in common.  

As much as I would love the graphics and realism of Star Citizen mixed with the freedom and customization of Dual Universe, they aren't very compatible from a development standpoint. Star Citizen is based on highly manicured content created by the developers, whereas DU is based on systems that allow for players to create everything. They are both good approaches, but they have different pluses and minuses. For SC, the devs can ensure that everything is high quality and works together well but there is not the same amount of content and there cannot be the same level of player customization. For DU, there is way more potential content and players can create and do almost anything they like with a very high level of customization, but the devs cannot ensure that everything follows the same design scheme (like flying penises for example, or cube ships of death), and there is a greater potential for things not quite working together perfectly. 

Both are good, but they are different. 

As much as I would love the graphics and realism of Star Citizen mixed with the freedom and customization of Dual Universe, they aren't very compatible from a development standpoint. Star Citizen is based on highly manicured content created by the developers, whereas DU is based on systems that allow for players to create everything. They are both good approaches, but they have different pluses and minuses. For SC, the devs can ensure that everything is high quality and works together well but there is not the same amount of content and there cannot be the same level of player customization. For DU, there is way more potential content and players can create and do almost anything they like with a very high level of customization, but the devs cannot ensure that everything follows the same design scheme (like flying penises for example, or cube ships of death), and there is a greater potential for things not quite working together perfectly. 

Both are good, but they are different. 

I think if we have the right tools to work with the voxels, and refine the shapes and group things together

Allied with a PBR shader where we could have some basic procedural nodes and upload some Photoshop made textures, 

we could rival with star citzen. 

I think it could work something like:

lets suppose i create a ship made by lots of my own premade blueprinted parts, panels, monitors, engine, scripted doors, etc..

All grouped together with the basic function blocks for energy control etc... 

On each part i could have a PBR shader (Albedo, Metallic, roughness, normal, AO) that controls how the stuff looks like... this shader can be divides in 2 parts.

Server side: I paint stuff with plain colors or use some textures that are built in the game, with this all PPL will see my ship on the same way.

Client side: I could have the option of does my personal textures on PS, and move to a game's folder, when i load them, this textures could replace the retail one only for me. 

All the other player would see the default less detailed textures, but I could see real ons 

if i sell the ship i'd send the ship's texture pack with it. also if I want some friend to see my ship as it suppose to be,

i aways can send the texture pack to him.....

As much as I would love the graphics and realism of Star Citizen mixed with the freedom and customization of Dual Universe, they aren't very compatible from a development standpoint. Star Citizen is based on highly manicured content created by the developers, whereas DU is based on systems that allow for players to create everything....

Personally I can't wait to see what people come up with... I'm envisioning everything from Starfleet style ships ala Star Trek, Star Wars type ships like the 'Falcon, and even Flying Toilets with the Tidy Bowl man hanging off the rim!  LOL  :lol: