New Invention from Moonscythe Inc!

HALLO yuss this is VELN

I have created a new blueprint for a thing that could do stuff in the future times :T

BEHOLD

jVecMhp.png

The WhirlyDoop tm is the numbur won solution to pesky annoying ground troops that are grouped up. If you see a bunch of peoples with guns standing around you might be like:

"HEY YOU PUNKS, GET OFF MAH LAWN" and normally you would just shake your fist and go GRRRRR

But not today!!! NOW all you gotta say is "RELEASE THE WHIRLYDOOP tm" and watch the majik merry-go-round of death shotgun those punks in the face until you have plenty of red juicy fertilizer for your beautiful sexy lawn.

Some of you might be saying "But that thingy has 4 rockets propelling it :T what if I breaks a rocket?" Well thanks to the MAJIK of scripting, the WhirlyDoop tm will adjust propulsion to keep it on a continuous spinning warpath.

Call now and you can order your own WhirlyDoop tm for only 5 easy payments of $29.99!!! BUT WAIT THERES MORE @______@

We'll throw in a free pair of INDUSTRIAL STREGNTH googly eyes to make your WhirlyDoop tm 50% less threatening!!! They'll never even see it coming :T

ORDER A WHIRLYDOOP tm TODAY!!!

• 5 months later...

given that output-thrust remains the same for all rockets, your "invention" will just stay in one-position horizontally with no acceleration. Explain to me how it can accelerate?  No matter what you do, it cannot, because of Centrifugal-Force, there will be the Torque-Effect, meaning nothing will remain fixed, so no acceleration. Unless you plan to use Kinetic-Force to launch and throw it like a boomerang.

14 hours ago, Eternal said:

given that output-thrust remains the same for all rockets, your "invention" will just stay in one-position horizontally with no acceleration. Explain to me how it can accelerate?  No matter what you do, it cannot, because of Centrifugal-Force, there will be the Torque-Effect, meaning nothing will remain fixed, so no acceleration. Unless you plan to use Kinetic-Force to launch and throw it like a boomerang.

In the script, there will be two modes for the WhirlyDooptm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Move Mode

The rockets will turn on and off dynamically to move in the desired direction.

The rockets will follow this behavior:
1. Check which direction the controller wants to go in.
2. If this (the rocket) is within 90 degrees of that direction, turn on.

3. When this (the rocket) isn't within 90 degrees of that direction, turn off.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE

Just turn on all the rockets at once

But even in Move Mode, the WhirlyDooptm isn't designed to travel long distances. For that reason, we are developing a WhirlyDooptm Deployment System, that will bring the WhirlyDooptm to your enemies in record time :D

Then you need 2 of these Engines facing the same-direction on each sides of your quadrilateral (both near the perpendicular-line, the outboards of each sides), as shown in the video. If you put just 1 engine in only 1 outboard per side, ofcourse, you will yaw it, causing it to spin.

If you can program these engines, then you can do a rate-of-turn.

Engines and Liquid-Fuel-Rockets are not the same. While you can control the injector-valves of a liquid-fuel-rocket, they are not the same. Typically, we use rockets for disposable-guidance, like for missiles and rocket-battery. For non-disposable like this UAV that you proposed, an engine is more suitable.

What you are proposing is similar to a quad-UAV that has it's own machine-gun-pod and FLIR. We have that in real-life.

Datron_Scout_Aerial_Reconnaissance_Syste

If we have a propeller or a hover-disk in this game where you can tilt the swashplate to direct the lift for direction, then it will be more efficient than using engines on the sides.

17 hours ago, SirJohn85 said:

It lacks a boost.

On his diagram, there is only 1 rocket on 1 outboard per side. That means 1 outboard will be propelled, and the other outboard will stay in one-place. Due to it being a quad, it will rotate. If the UAV rotates, how can it ever accelerate? You cannot have velocity without a vector. Something have to remain fixed in order for it to move and have velocity. No matter how much thrust-output you put in it, it will only be caught in the Centrifugal-Force. It's not the thrust-output or "boosts", it's the way you configured the diagram.

Whilst, you fill both outboards as in the video, then it might work in the physics of the game. His diagram is different than your video.

kW8w2Po.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions, but I assure you the WhirlyDoopTM will work fine the way it is designed. Regardless I will take your suggestions into consideration, and if people want it to move faster I'll add a single rocket in the center so it can stop spinning and move forward.

@Vellnn The thing is, it has to be capable of moving forward and yawing(spinning/turning). To do that, just put 2 engines on both ends. If you get the same output-Thrust from both the engines, your UAV will move forward, if there is a difference, you will turn it. To make a faster-rate-of-turn, then that difference have to be big(one is outputting a lot of thrust, while the other is so less to nothing = faster-rate-of-turn). You will program these engines to have their own throttle-lever-control(macro them to keys in your keyboard). You can do a starboard/port-turn by differential-thrust(you cannot do that with a third-engine on the middle, unless you shut that one down).

A third-engine on the middle, it is not efficient to have it on your design. Go with just 2, that's enough for maneuverability. It's just a UAV, you need maneuverability, that's it. 

Speaking of Engineering though, why not just choose an aft-side and a forward-side in that quadrilateral, and just put 2 engines on the Aft-side and another 2 engines on Forward-side? That will be enough for forward(straight)-thrust and differential-thrust(turning/spinning). why also fill the other 2 sides with engines to do the exact same-thing and have 2 vectors instead of one?  You will program all those engines!!! Those are 8 engines right there, plus the vertical-ones! When you program those for control, you have 2 vectors, meaning 2 sides can be an aft-side, which you also included the sides of the already-Aft-and-Front as another vector(you just need one aft and one opposite to it(a front) to remain fixed like a helicopter!). That is hard, an act of complicating simple-engineering-things, inefficient and unnecessary.

My advice, just choose one side as an Aft("aft" means "back-side") and put 2 engines, put 2 engines on the forward(the opposite)-side as well to counter the Aft for centrifugal-force/fixed-Torque(fixed-position-turning), put the vector(vertical)-engines(my suggestion is atleast 2 engines for Rolling. With just 1, you cannot Roll.), put another 2 vector-engines opposite of your up-vector-engines(for fixed-position-rolling), then you can work on programming these which is the hard-part.

Goodluck! 

17 hours ago, Eternal said:

It has the functions you need, and less to program here.

Yes but can it spin as fast? :P

I'll probably try making both XD thanks for the suggestions!

5 hours ago, Vellnn said:

Yes but can it spin as fast? :P

I'll probably try making both XD thanks for the suggestions!

The point of spinning is for turning, isn't it?(you will turn, but you will not do more than 360-degrees. it will be pointless to keep spinning endlessly.)

A Gunship like Apache and even armed-scout-helicopters has do this maneuver. Point is to look for enemies and gun them down, while ofcourse, not losing your platform. You also have to turn to change direction of Heading. The tail-rotor of a real-life-helicopter is not only for countering the Torque-Effect, it is also needed to turn the helicopter, otherwise, it won't be able to change Heading.

That is what you need; You don't need spinning like beyblade, you need Turning. Yes, you can turn fast, if you 100% the engine and you idle(0%) the other-opposite-engine. Remember; Fixed-Turn = (Aft-Port = Front-Port) + (Aft-Starboard = Front-Starboard) . It isn't gonna work properly if it isn't. I know how helicopter works.