Kuritho

DU Religions  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should There Be Religions?

2. 2. If you answered the above, do you have a DU Religion?

• I vote No/Maybe or I prefer not to answer above.
    • I'm an Atheist
    • Uh... We literally just started this topic (I will add more if anybody suggests any)
    • Raptor Squad
    • RNGesus
    • Other
    • None

I don't understand why "Yes" still isn't an option under "do you have a DU religion?"

Even better, Raptor Squad is an option, but the Order of Meru isn't.

My name seems pretty suitable for this thread.  :lol:

So does my blending appereance  ;)

I feel like DU is going to get some pilgrims from Space Engineers that worship the mighty KLANG. Probably should be added to the list of dieties.

Unless KLANG is the devil of the RNGesus religion. That kinda makes sense (since KLANG is a creature of random buggy misfortune).

I don't see how religion would be implemented in game mechanics, but you could just create an organisation, call it a church/sect/cult and write a holy text that demands the (dual) universe to be cleansed of infidels. If you want to play in aggressive battle heavy style that could be one way to "justify" it in universe. 

Speaking of which, anyone interested in starting pastafarian church in dual universe, we could build meatball space stations. Alternatively we can build an Apple station and name the organisation's leader "the grand Jobs".

Might I be the first to point out - one of the oldest groups in the game is the Aether. It *is*, by both your definition (and ours) a spiritual/philosophical/religious group with a rich in-game background and belief system drawn from RL 21st century religious and humanitarian organisations.

*Continues to eat popcorn and be bemused*

I feel like DU is going to get some pilgrims from Space Engineers that worship the mighty KLANG. Probably should be added to the list of dieties.

Unless KLANG is the devil of the RNGesus religion. That kinda makes sense (since KLANG is a creature of random buggy misfortune).

Why didn't I think of that. We should absolutely build temples for Klang.

So, in DU, there was a pre-SKiD online game called SE where people got so addicted to it they actually started worshipping the gods of that game in RL, and have bought thier beliefs to Alioth.

Seems legit. Certainly no less believable than RaptorJesus.

Any player can institute a DU religion. They're great to add justification to just about any policy including murder and mayhem. I want to destroy all life in the galaxy? Found an org based on a DU religion! Works every time.