NQ-Nyzaltar

News about the last weeks (and the coming ones) at Novaquark

Hi everyone!

The recent weeks have been pretty much quiet.

So we wanted to give you at least some news about what happened recently in the studio:

1- New Novaquark Office!

Yes, the team has moved in a new, larger office!

As the team has grown in size recently, the two open spaces we were in until now started to be overcrowded. As there are some regulations to respect in France regarding the number of people working per m2, we had to move. This is now done and everyone is really happy with the new office! For those who might wonder where we are now in Paris: well, we are still at the exact same address, in the same building... but two floors lower ;)

We've just finished to install properly everything today.

Moving%201.JPG

Moving%202.JPG

Moving%203.JPG

Moving%204.JPG

Moving%205.JPG

Moving%206.JPG

2- The Forum Moderators

The Forum Moderators should have been able to present themselves to the community last week.

Unfortunately, a few technical problems have delayed this. Most of the Moderators have been selected and the Moderator accounts are already created. However, we were over optimistic regarding the Moderator Powers customization. While in the version 4.x, this is something really easy and quick to configure, we are still currently in a 3.x version and things are far less customizable. We planned to update the forum to the 4.x version in the future, and having a powerful admin interface for Moderator accounts is one strong reason for which we are going to do it sooner than later. 

3- April Dev Diary

Due to the moving to the new office and the "end of a sprint" (Scrum system, to organize the development cycle step by step), the next Dev Diary won't be released this week but should be in the next one. We have however a few screenshots to share with you regarding a new ship made by our game designer :)

upload.png

upload%20%282%29.png

upload%20%281%29.png

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar

What a lovely new office. Productivity should be at a new peak when working in such a pleasant space. 

Also, nice work on the sofa. Didn't realize that there are also decorative elements of this kind until now for some reason. Excited to see more.

Moving%202.JPG

I need that Sofa or i riot! 

In all seriousness, thanks for the update and keep going :^D

Anyone know the topic for the next dev diary, or won't we know until next week?

there's not a topic, they'll just show what they've been working lately. I think we'll see the new ui, since they are working on that since a few months and in the last devdiary they mentioned they were trying to stabilize it, so I guess now it may be kinda in a good state. Probably new elements, new polish/fixes, and if we're lucky more :P

there's not a topic, they'll just show what they've been working lately. I think we'll see the new ui, since they are working on that since a few months and in the last devdiary they mentioned they were trying to stabilize it, so I guess now it may be kinda in a good state. Probably new elements, new polish/fixes, and if we're lucky more :P

Ah, I must be mistaking it for the dev blogs

"

Excellent news! Your new office looks absolutely wonderful, although I hope the view of the striking Paris skyline hasn't been much diminished by moving two floors lower. 

Novaquark looks well at home in the new space; make sure you put on a few awesome DU banners on the walls the next time we get some views of the new office! 

I wish you all the best - much more progress and success. 

Cheers.

"

Im a bit late, however!

So that means i'm basically reiterating what everyone else has said :P

Enjoy the new office, and those monitors look awesome, lucky Devs!!!!

That Ship looks awesome and really exhibits the complexity of the unique voxel system, Im REALLY looking forward to playing with that.

With that staircase and two floors, your office made me think about learning hub at my uni. That is bigger with larger window, but has less interesting stuff in it. ;) Also, can we have some pillows on that sofa? It looks bit hard.

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, the Dev Diary won't be released today as we wanted :(
As the team is growing, we had to rethink who does what for many processes and the making of Dev Diaries was one of them.

The team is doing the best to release it next Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest (as Monday is a national holiday: end of the second world war in Europe)

We apologize for the delay.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, the Dev Diary won't be released today as we wanted :(

As the team is growing, we had to rethink who does what for many processes and the making of Dev Diaries was one of them.

The team is doing the best to release it next Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest (as Monday is a national holiday: end of the second world war in Europe)

We apologize for the delay.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Don't feel like you have to rush it. I mean, no one would complain if we end up with a double length May Dev Diary :)