Various questions about vehicle/structure mechanics

Some times, this community amazes me with its adamant resistance to reading up on DevBlogs... or anything for that matter.

Lynkx, dear, honey, you pay rent under the safezones. Chances are NQ does that, to incentivise risk and reward (something the gmae is all about) there wil lbe a taxation on industry under the Arkship's shield or a penalty in prodcution times, because the AI runnign the show may go like "nuh-uh-uh! You cannot build with more factories, that would hurt the living conditions under the Arkshield!". So, off we go to the badlands and the boondocks, where the minimum wage is always low. (Ha-ha... terrible sweatshop joke is terrible).

Bases have been SORT OF confirmed to hold defenses that are automated - mainly due to the odds of a siege, sieges are usually with the attackers outnumbering the defenders, if it's the other way around, the attackers are idiots. But those defenses are not IMMUNE to damage. Inside the Arkzone, you need no turrets, it's a No PvP zone - period.
You want to have a faster production line?

Now, if you want to build a factory and maintain it and all that, sure, you could try and build it on your own, but let's be honest, Rome was not built in one day and nobody that sees you working alone will think "hmmm, I better NOT attack this solo player, it's totally not fair". So, like it or not, you'll need to rely on others - period. That's the game's politics part. If you are not good with words, find a person you can work with and assign them to be your diplomat , that's what most people do in other games with politics. Oh, and make sure you got a russian around, cause good luck dealing with Space Russia, usually, they don't speak english - or at all.

The game is not about murdering in space. You CAN live just fine on planetside, in a player-city,  having the monopoly on ship-building, but again, that's politics. nobody ever built a monopoly by playing fair.

Furthermore, you do know about the Blueprint system right? It's an amazing thing. You can build something... store it... and spawn it on a location (given you have the materials for it). You have to put the effort in ONCE, not ever single time. Did it got damaged? Just repair the thing, you don't have to worry about "Where I put that block at", the devs have taken care of repairing by having the same Blueprint lingering around a Core Unit needing you just to "fill the blanks" or where it's damaged.

You can either have creativity OR exploration. As Lethys pointed out as well, Arkzones are present. Just don't expect to build a battleship on the surface of a planet. That thing will NEVER lift off a planet if you build it on its surface. Your ship will run out of fuel just by trying to clear atmosphere, so, if you want to build big ships, well, you'll have to go to space, where there's no safezones. But buildings? The Arkzone is your thing. Build something cool., save it, put it up as a display for people to see and then check your mails when people contact you about buying its Blueprint. 

Just don't expect to build a battleship on the surface of a planet. That thing will NEVER lift off a planet if you build it on its surface. Your ship will run out of fuel just by trying to clear atmosphere, so, if you want to build big ships, well, you'll have to go to space, where there's no safezones.

But what if there's a detachable component, and you strap a bunch of detachable one-time-use rockets to get the battleship into space :P

But what if there's a detachable component, and you strap a bunch of detachable one-time-use rockets to get the battleship into space :P

That's the exact same thing though. Fuel is fuel. There's a reason they are called ships and not planes. They are not meant for landing. When a ship in the old days wanted to send people on land they used a shuttle - a small boat operated with oars. And when they built a ship, they did so on a dockyard, ready to submerge the ship in waterso it can sail. Same thing in DU. If a group of aspiring builders comes together and they build INFRASTRUCTURE for orbital shipyards, there is certainly a lot of money to be made. Planets should be used for mass producing hovercrafts and single-seaters, and even then, manufacturing them in space makes the starfighters more easiyl avaialbe for purchase.

And everyone wants to be friends with the people running the orbital shipyards. 

Some times, this community amazes me with its adamant resistance to reading up on DevBlogs... or anything for that matter.

Lynkx, dear, honey, you pay rent under the safezones. Chances are NQ does that, to incentivise risk and reward (something the gmae is all about) there wil lbe a taxation on industry under the Arkship's shield or a penalty in prodcution times...

Well, depending on what will be the price its affordable, costs, taxes and rents are part of the company administration.  

In real world we have taxes to pay for everything you produce, specially if you live in my country, hereon all tech price, about 60% are taxes for government. 

You said Rent OR time penalty, so if they chose rent, its manageable, if they chose time penalty, than well, depends how much % it will be charged. Only way is to see how it will work. 

Furthermore, you do know about the Blueprint system right? It's an amazing thing. You can build something... store it... and spawn it on a location (given you have the materials for it). You have to put the effort in ONCE, not ever single time. Did it got damaged? Just repair the thing, you don't have to worry about "Where I put that block at", the devs have taken care of repairing by having the same Blueprint lingering around a Core Unit needing you just to "fill the blanks" or where it's damaged.

I know about blueprint system, but as i understood blueprints are items, you can sell and they can be robbed if your base is taken, also lost your base is same of lose all your stored mats and machinery. so if they do not create a safe backup system, every time the enemy faction take over the city you live and kill you, you have to start all over. is that it ? I never heard about any information about the Resurrection and item keeping, or inventory keeping system. 

I know you resurrect at molecular spawn at ark or at big faction bases that can afford one resurrection node.

You can either have creativity OR exploration. As Lethys pointed out as well, Arkzones are present. Just don't expect to build a battleship on the surface of a planet. That thing will NEVER lift off a planet if you build it on its surface. Your ship will run out of fuel just by trying to clear atmosphere, so, if you want to build big ships, well, you'll have to go to space, where there's no safezones. But buildings? The Arkzone is your thing. Build something cool., save it, put it up as a display for people to see and then check your mails when people contact you about buying its Blueprint.

For this you can use the blueprints, i imagine to create all parts of the big ship, save them to blueprints, than go to space, maybe inside the own customer's dock station, and start to spawn and assemble the ship for him, while hes buddies does the protection...

thx

You said Rent OR time penalty, so if they chose rent, its manageable, if they chose time penalty, than well, depends how much % it will be charged. Only way is to see how it will work. 

My current understanding of the arkified territory areas is that you have to pay rent to own it. So it's either just rent or rent AND time penalty (I would be for the latter). What happens if you don't/can't pay rent is unknown, maybe it becomes as vulnerable as the non-arkified TUs (which would defeat the purpose of the safe zone) or maybe it gets taken over by the AI and put up for auction (which would allow territory capture by economics in the safe zone).

Well, depending on what will be the price its affordable, costs, taxes and rents are part of the company administration.  

In real world we have taxes to pay for everything you produce, specially if you live in my country, hereon all tech price, about 60% are taxes for government. 

I know about blueprint system, but as i understood blueprints are items, you can sell and they can be robbed if your base is taken, also lost your base is same of lose all your stored mats and machinery. so if they do not create a safe backup system, every time the enemy faction take over the city you live and kill you, you have to start all over. is that it ? I never heard about any information about the Resurrection and item keeping, or inventory keeping system. 

I know you resurrect at molecular spawn at ark or at big faction bases that can afford one resurrection node.

For this you can use the blueprints, i imagine to create all parts of the big ship, save them to blueprints, than go to space, maybe inside the own customer's dock station, and start to spawn and assemble the ship for him, while hes buddies does the protection...

thx

Well, see, Blueprints can be robbed period,  MASTER BLUEPRINTS are built out of your tempalte you got saved in your avatar's brain. The MBP is the thing you can sell - or even better, copy for limited uses and sell.

You see, that's why the game has politics. You have skills others need, they have skills you need. You may not want to PVP, it's alright, others can PvP for you, and you can design / maintain / repair their ships. That's what MMOs are, you role into a certain path and play the game.

Plus, the protection bubbles (the player made "safe-ish" zones) are not meant to be a dime a dozen. IF you want to have access to cheap materials, you'll have to relocate in a player city that has a nearby iron mine. If you choose to stay in an Arkzone, you'll only end up paying more for mateirals, cause they have to be hauled from a factory to your location - as per standard business practises.

Does this mean you are in risk of being raided? Well, yeah, but you gotta think about it from the prespective of choosing who you ally yourself with. You think the city is probably a honeypot for a siege? Make it clear you won't work for the locals by building them your famous hovertank unless THEY provide the machinery for you AND the materials, essentially paying you for the blueprints themselves (the templates are digital, you don't need to print them, you can go to a machine, insert the MBP in it and let the factory Unit build it). Charge then the locals of a flat price fior every time you use your blueprint. But you see the problem with that. Your bleuprint is safe, but you HAVE to be there to keep inserting blueprints manually. Manual labour vs automation and safety vs cost-reducition.

But, if you move into a city, bring in your machinery, buy cheap materials and haul them back to a safezone, you are guaranteed to make al ot of profit by building at a cheaper price than the rest that didn't move out of the safezone. Risk and  reward. YOu risk lsoign everything or some parts of it, but you are also risking winning far far more.

You really need no worry on "what would happoen to my stuff". Gear can be looted, wits not so much. As long as you play smart and keep making money, even if you die and lose all your stuff on your person, it won't matter, you still got money to spare.

This Master Blueprints concept is interesting, so its like a skill, once you learn will be in your head.... 

Well on the rest, works like a RL company ..... it means that will depend of so much things, ....  

some times i think if this game will not be to realistic for a game, i mean, i want have fun, not an other job.... 

This Master Blueprints concept is interesting, so its like a skill, once you learn will be in your head.... 

Well on the rest, works like a RL company ..... it means that will depend of so much things, ....  

some times i think if this game will not be to realistic for a game, i mean, i want have fun, not an other job.... 

Well, it's a matter of perspective. In EVE (the only other game that DU can be remotely compared to) many players join alliances with vast resources, cause they get to fight in battles and are provided with equipment for the job. 

I can see the same happening for DU with industry. Bigger alliances provide you with the equipment, and you get to put in the hours on what you like doing. In your case, Research & Developement. If that sounds liek a job, is because it is. They pay you in-game money, so you can delvier on a project. I mean, let's face it, people WILL Do that, might as well get into it from the get-go.

Think of it as 'real life' that has no threat in failure. You can break the 'law', kill people,  go into exploration, mess around giving flowers to passersby praying to the almighty hello kitty, design ships and buildings, the list is endless. Think of something that you want to do and do it without any threat of real repercussions (well, apart from a few things set by NQ, but they are set for a good reason and mainly involve around real life entanglement, such as hacking someones account or harassing them in chat). If the venture leads to you fail, you pick up the pieces and carry on. You need to remember that it is just a game, don't work for someone in game that you don't want to. I, personally, usually don't play games for fun, I play it for satisfaction of a task well done.

Think of it as 'real life' that has no threat in failure. You can break the 'law', kill people,  go into exploration, mess around giving flowers to passersby praying to the almighty hello kitty, design ships and buildings, the list is endless. Think of something that you want to do and do it without any threat of real repercussions (well, apart from a few things set by NQ, but they are set for a good reason and mainly involve around real life entanglement, such as hacking someones account or harassing them in chat). If the venture leads to you fail, you pick up the pieces and carry on. You need to remember that it is just a game, don't work for someone in game that you don't want to. I, personally, usually don't play games for fun, I play it for satisfaction of a task well done.

I use to play games for relax...  forget about this RL and enter on a alternative life, 

I Like MMOs, and play a lot of them, most because its like table RPGs, where i can fight bosses and live adventures ....  

I'm up for exploration, competition and make friends from different countries, ages and realities ... .

(also enemies for pvp, where i use to play as support, i'm not that much PVPlayer)....

I like to team up for fight and solo for exploration...

I Like sand box, because its a crafter's paradise where a can create anything, i use to play as crafter and merchant on other games... 

I like to program macros and automate chains of production lines... 

And love Sci-fi scenarios with utopic tech, fearsome aliens, robots and lots of ships..  as much as Medieval worlds with castles sieges, magic, and hot Elven females and cute bad ass thieves..... 

In the end, I'm an adventurer / engineer .... 

I can tolerate politics, and leadership,  but if i can spend 10% of my time on it..... the other 90% i'd prefer been solo doing my businesses exploring or sealing creations,  or team up for some out woods adventure and fight for glory!!!

'kindda'..  pirate's Life for me !!! 

\o/

• 2 weeks later...