Cosmetic Armour Poll

Kuritho

Cosmetics Question  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What type of Cosmetics should be allowed?

• Industrial-Looking / Nomadic-Rustic (Think Fallout's art style)
    • Allow making custom suits for corporations (Uniforms!)
    • Hilarious / Non-Serious (Hello Kitten, Various Cartoons, Of course not copyrighted)
    • Modern (Modern as in today's militaristic and casual clothing)
    • Scientific (Such as lab suits, pressurized elemental protection suits)
    • Medieval/Stone Age (Knights, Archers, Primitive Hunters)
    • Tron-Like (Dark/White suits with various shining outline colors)
    • Star-war's Clones / Snow-Troopers like (As in the general idea, NOT a direct copy)
    • Robot-Like (Chappie for a well-known example, or iRobot)
    • Wizard/Witch (I had to separate it from Medieval/Stone due to 2 separate roleplay groups)
    • Futuristic Explorer
    • Scavenger Like (Similar Rey from Starwars: Rouge One)
  2. 2. How should they be distributed

• Paid with DACs/Real Money
    • Craftable
    • Completely Free (Simply changing it in a medbay or something similar)
  3. 3. Other Concerns

• Should Companies be allow to pay Novaquark to put their suits in for advertising?
    • Should the armors/cosmetics provide buffs/debuffs
    • Should there be a cosmetic/armour remover? (If you are in a SOI [Sphere of Influence] it makes your cosmetics transparent)
    • I want armor that is simply cosmetic, with no commercial bias.

See, that other concerns bit concerns me. (lol) We can see who voted yes, but not how many voted no. Because I vote no, absolutely not on the first two, and undecided on the second.

Dual is supposed to be entirely removed from Real Life, and while we can't stop the players from "bringing things in", Real Life companies should not be able to put other stuff in.

I voted for things that could plausibly show up and make sense in the universe.

Everything except:

Hilarious (obviously, that's a no brainer), Medieval, Tron-like (not entirely sure what this one is, but the idea in my head (like the movie tron?) is a no), robot-like, and wizard/witch.

The rest seem fairly plausible for showing up in a futuristic/dystopian universe.  

Voted for pay with DACs, but some costumes should probably be craftable as well.  However, NQ needs to make money.

I wish I could vote no on all of the last three, but oh well.  Voted yes on the last one, as I'm undecided.  Definite no on the first two though.

I voted for things that you would realistically see in real life; you can see my votes as such. However, I did not like the last poll; you didn't give an answer to vote no to all of them, and I couldn't submit any answers otherwise. I personally think that cosmetic items should never have any affect on anyone.

EDIT: poll updated, vote changed.

Edited by ATMLVE

I voted for things that you would realistically see in real life; you can see my votes as such. However, I did not like the last poll; you didn't give an answer to vote no to all of them, and I couldn't submit any answers otherwise. I personally think that cosmetic items should never have any affect on anyone.

Done

Section 1 : All of them

Section 2: DAC, Store bought and player made

Section 3a: Advertising, Store, Player sales allowed

Section 3b: Player Setting to remove Cosmetics client side

Section 4: no buff or stat changes ever

Voted for almost every type in the first one besides Hilarious and Wizard / Witch, which could be a bit too odd. I even see a place for tron-looking clothes for test labs or contests in some arena. Medieval looking armor? Given the many possibilities and despite the high-tech setting one should not rule out that "low-tech" could still exist or be used if other tech breaks down or does not become available. E.g. some group crash landing and developing independently over time, possibly resulting in crude armor comparable to knights. I think less of an exact copy there, while also including simple clothing you might know from the medieval era, not just armor.

If you just spin it right or think broad, all of that would work. Even "Hilarious" or "Wizard/Witch". How? Well, look at reality. People use costumes for parties or other things, or in theatre.

Chances are they won't run around in public with that beyond events or parties. But in a game, of course, you might just see some average Joe run around in some odd outfit all the time. Best example: MMORPGS. Pros and Cons for many things.

Honestly, so long as the cosmetics don't affect gameplay at all and don't change the shape of things (like protruding objects) then they can put whatever they want in there, as far as I care. If people will buy it, cool, that's money in NQ's pocket that can be spent making the game experience better and providing more content.

If people want Hello Kitty, brony stuff, whatever, let them have it. Just don't force me to buy it.

The only thing I'm concerned with is quantity. I don't want to see updates coming out with 100 new skins and no gameplay items or new game features. NQ's time should mostly be spent on the game, and any cosmetics should be just sprinkles on top, not the main course.

You guys don't get to decide, but the actual, post-launch crowd.

But I guess if General "The Seriose Bizunos" Immersitron asks a lot, I bet NQ will go "you know what, we could use the added revenue of selling Hello Kitty stickers to hire more people on our dev team and launch expansions every 4 months instead of 6, but I guess we should respect General Immersitron's RP that is 5% of the playerbase and give the finger to 95% of the people who don't care about what other people wear on their person".

You want NQ to have room to add more features in its expansions and launch them faster, or you want no Hello Kitty stickers? It's one of the two. you can't have both.

Welcome to the real world kids and manchildren, where revenue is essential for living. It's part of the whole "salary" thing.

Cosmetic shops are not pay-2-win so NQ has the right to add whatever they want on it. Your immersion means ZERO. I know some of you hate the idea of people deviating from your perceived status quo, but like in your real life, you will have to accept that people are not like you, you'll have to ACCEPT people wanting to look hilarious as of their color combinations and that some, maybe actually wear Hello Kitty as a brand on their person. But unlike the real world, you can unleash your inner fashion fascist and lynchmob those people in a videogame enviroment. Some of the people in this as well as the other thread I am certain at 100% that they would beat the lights out of goths, punks, hipsters and trendy people IRL, just because they don't wear they are not uniform like them - that's what a fashion fascist is. But hey, this is a sandbox, and some of  you just go about asking to be perma-griefed.

This thread, as well as the other one, shows why I love triggering you fascists of fashion and why NQ will add Hello Kitty stickers, as Hello Kitty as a brand is there to trigger you fashion fascists.

6f081a2ef3c56ca6290e8f24069d2174de1848f9

Bring it on.

You guys don't get to decide, but the actual, post-launch crowd.

But I guess if General "The Seriose Bizunos" Immersitron asks a lot, I bet NQ will go "you know what, we could use the added revenue of selling Hello Kitty stickers to hire more people on our dev team and launch expansions every 4 months instead of 6, but I guess we should respect General Immersitron's RP that is 5% of the playerbase and give the finger to 95% of the people who don't care about what other people wear on their person".

You want NQ to have room to add more features in its expansions and launch them faster, or you want no Hello Kitty stickers? It's one of the two. you can't have both.

Welcome to the real world kids and manchildren, where revenue is essential for living. It's part of the whole "salary" thing.

Cosmetic shops are not pay-2-win so NQ has the right to add whatever they want on it. Your immersion means ZERO. I know some of you hate the idea of people deviating from your perceived status quo, but like in your real life, you will have to accept that people are not like you, you'll have to ACCEPT people wanting to look hilarious as of their color combinations and that some, maybe actually wear Hello Kitty as a brand on their person. But unlike the real world, you can unleash your inner fashion fascist and lynchmob those people in a videogame enviroment. Some of the people in this as well as the other thread I am certain at 100% that they would beat the lights out of goths, punks, hipsters and trendy people IRL, just because they don't wear they are not uniform like them - that's what a fashion fascist is. But hey, this is a sandbox, and some of  you just go about asking to be perma-griefed.

This thread, as well as the other one, shows why I love triggering you fascists of fashion and why NQ will add Hello Kitty stickers, as Hello Kitty as a brand is there to trigger you fashion fascists.

*snip picture*

This really doesn't make much sense. NQ has stated repeatedly that there will not be aliens in the game. Why? Because it's immersion breaking. If most people wanted to play as alien characters, NQ still wouldn't add in aliens because that goes against the lore of the game and what they have said since the beginning. And I doubt that there will ever be more people wanting Hello Kitty (goodness, is this a meme now) cosmetics more than they want aliens... There are a lot of different features that people will want and desire that really don't fit the core of what NQ wants for the game. I feel that armor resembling tron or "scavenger Rey" is one thing, but suits of knight armor, unicorn helmets, and rainbow capes are just a little too far.

NovaQuark DOES care what they throw in the game, they want the game to be serious as they have stated before; they don't want a bunch of ridiculous looking people running around everywhere a player goes. They want to take screenshots of populated to show their world what their game is made of; and when people are running around dressed in Hello Kitty outfits, that will have a negative effect on what they hope to convey to potential customers. NQ wants people to look at the game as a real-world simulator sort of thing, and to take it seriously as such. NQ isn't Ubisoft or EA; they care about their game, they want to make a good quality game for us that will last for many many years. And they're smart, they won't throw stuff in willy-nilly that might have a negative effect later. 

So, yes, NQ might just "give the finger" to 95% of the community at times, if that 95% happens to be people who are begging for a cosmetic of some stupid meme that will be dead in a month and which will leave a permanent and ridiculous mark on the game forever. Are people really going to cancel their subscriptions because their favorite cosmetic isn't added?

This really doesn't make much sense. NQ has stated repeatedly that there will not be aliens in the game. Why? Because it's immersion breaking. If most people wanted to play as alien characters, NQ still wouldn't add in aliens because that goes against the lore of the game and what they have said since the beginning. And I doubt that there will ever be more people wanting Hello Kitty (goodness, is this a meme now) cosmetics more than they want aliens... There are a lot of different features that people will want and desire that really don't fit the core of what NQ wants for the game. I feel that armor resembling tron or "scavenger Rey" is one thing, but suits of knight armor, unicorn helmets, and rainbow capes are just a little too far.

NovaQuark DOES care what they throw in the game, they want the game to be serious as they have stated before; they don't want a bunch of ridiculous looking people running around everywhere a player goes. They want to take screenshots of populated to show their world what their game is made of; and when people are running around dressed in Hello Kitty outfits, that will have a negative effect on what they hope to convey to potential customers. NQ wants people to look at the game as a real-world simulator sort of thing, and to take it seriously as such. NQ isn't Ubisoft or EA; they care about their game, they want to make a good quality game for us that will last for many many years. And they're smart, they won't throw stuff in willy-nilly that might have a negative effect later. 

So, yes, NQ might just "give the finger" to 95% of the community at times, if that 95% happens to be people who are begging for a cosmetic of some stupid meme that will be dead in a month and which will leave a permanent and ridiculous mark on the game forever. Are people really going to cancel their subscriptions because their favorite cosmetic isn't added?

No, they want the game to be CHALLENGING and DIFFICULT. CHALLENGING and DIFFICULT do not equate SERIOUS  BUSINES, NO OTHER COLOR THAN BLACK. This is the kind of edgelord attitude and what attracts trolls.

|f you people have a hard-on for RPing as common-piece individuals, good for you, the rest of us want to personalise our appearence, so we stand out. Hello Kitty is just an example. If people want their country flags in the game what would you tell them? "Oh, but you see, I wrote a 100000 fan fic were I state my character killed all the countries you see". Yeah, no, if people want thier country's flag in the game, you think NQ would say no because it ruins your immersion??

And nobody said anything about skins. Just Stickers you can put on your armor as far as customisation goes.

But hey, 99% of your guys think you'll be leading uniform armies that are in prestine formations, so, don't let me ruin your power fantasy. 

If EVE taught me anything, is "serious business" RP armchair generals end up leaving the game early cause "it's not fun for me" cause they don't get thier wish of being what their megalomania expected, and the biggest alliances have no "serious business" logos, but ponies, honeybadgers etcetera. Why? Because they are not there to power fantasize and RP, thus, they enjoy the game a lot more, and it's why CCP added skins for ships and other cosmetics.

Because 1) they can monetise more out of PLEX, as it can be used so people can buy skins without paying a single dollar and 2) because 95% of the playerbase is not RP that don't want Hello Kitty.

And I can see NQ going the same way. It ensures them financial leeway o experiment more per expansion and add new things, instead of tweaking the game, let alone push out expansiosn more frequently.

Do not put "NQ doesn't want Swastikas" with "NQ doesn't want Hello Kitty" in the same mindset. Cause I can do that as well, let me demosntrate.

You RPers are the minority, deal with it. You don't want to see other people dressed in rainbow cloaks? Good, live in an RP reservation and pretend to be John Starprince the MCCCXXXVII, Lord of Starmeadow or some snot like that. Don't expect the community to just repsect your RP or for NQ to gie up on revenue because you don't want to see Rainbow Dash stickers or Hello Kitty stickers. 

See, you put Swastikas and Hello Kitty in the same box, so I put RPers and RL minority congregation in the same box.

See how that not-so-funny-thing works? 

I'm of the standpoint that there ought to be two kinds of armor.

-Purely cosmetic, paid for by DAC/Money (but can be sold on the marketplace, or can be bought with DAC's to allow non DAC players access in theory).

-Caftable, provides stat buffs/features.

And the two should be able to stack, meaning if I've crafted a suit with more advanced armor plating, I should also be able to wear my swanky DAC armor "over" it. Best case scenario would be being able to see a mix of both the functional and cosmetic armor, by having the functional armor cover your whole character and having cosmetic pieces that are more accessories than a full skin.

This being an MMO though, there is a good chance there will be armor equip slots and different tiers, all craft-able in-game. Could be wrong there!

No, they want the game to be CHALLENGING and DIFFICULT. CHALLENGING and DIFFICULT do not equate SERIOUS BUSINES, NO OTHER COLOR THAN BLACK. This is the kind of edgelord attitude and what attracts trolls.

*snip* (no point in quoting the whole post, it's just a little in front of this one)

I can see your opinion is not going to be swayed. I believe NQ has an ability to look past their next paycheck, as I believe they really care about the game and it's longetivity. I never said anything against country flags; I see no lack of seriousness and only a little bit of immersion broken with that, and besides, it would be trivial to create a "flag" out of voxels.

NQ have said that they want the game to be garnered towards a more serious audience. Maybe that doesn't mean the game itself will be taken seriously by all, but regardless, that is what they said and that is what they are aiming and hoping for. I'll try and find where they said that after I post this and if I can I'll edit it in... But definitely no promises.

Again, you have a very strong opinion, or perhaps you just like the argument. Regardless, everything sentence you type has a very condescending and negative attitude, and thus I have absolutely no interest in having further conversation with you about this.

In general you (the average player) can suggest all you want and that is fine. But in the end, the devs decide.

Time shall tell, if not the more convincing argument.

I lean back and wait while throwing the occasional idea out there. Chances are customisation will be sufficient enough given what they roughly aim for.

Never. Ever. Buff/debuff. Cosmetic items.

P2W and we don't want that

I sorta mixed cosmetics and armours definitions.

My definition of cosmetics is:

a) Anything that produces a look/effect that can be worn by a player or NPC.

So this could easily apply to armours.

My bad!

Why do we think we get to decide what items there are? We don't.

So let's not worry about it.

While this is true, a lot of ideas that were posted on the forums have become part of the game. The Devs have made it clear that they don't want to add content that will break the immersion, but they have also proven that they do listen to good ideas and are willing to develop ways to implement them into the game.

So, while we don't actually have a voice in the final decision-making process, we can always throw ideas out there. Who knows, maybe in the future, if / when they add something like this they will read what people have suggested and use that as a guide for what to make!

(P.S. I hate to be that guy, but Rey was in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, not Rogue One. :) )

I would never wear some of those types, but if some people want to, that is fine with me.  I do not consider any of these immersion-breaking, since our present is the game's past, so ideas we have now could affect what is worn then.

While this is true, a lot of ideas that were posted on the forums have become part of the game. The Devs have made it clear that they don't want to add content that will break the immersion, but they have also proven that they do listen to good ideas and are willing to develop ways to implement them into the game.

So, while we don't actually have a voice in the final decision-making process, we can always throw ideas out there. Who knows, maybe in the future, if / when they add something like this they will read what people have suggested and use that as a guide for what to make!

(P.S. I hate to be that guy, but Rey was in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, not Rogue One. :) )

I'm talking about the people who are unilaterally declaring that certain styles of items are not acceptable because they don't like them or they disagree with people who like them.

I'm talking about the people who are unilaterally declaring that certain styles of items are not acceptable because they don't like them or they disagree with people who like them.

The Devs however have unilaterally decided that aliens/furries are not acceptable, because it does not fit their vision for the game. Game Design is as much an art (arguably more so) than it is a commercial product, the intent of the artist can matter more than audience demand here.

I believe that we can make some assumptions about what the Devs will find doesn't fit their artistic vision. A player stating that Wizard Robes or Dark-Age Platemail won't make it into the game isn't just a matter of opinion, it is a fair assumption that the devs wouldn't want to include something like that.

The pole itself is pretty flawed here though, since there will likely be a key distinction between Craftable Armor (functional) and Cosmetic Skins (nonfunctional) in the game. Polling vaguely about two different game elements as if they are one, and then asking players to choose if they should behave one way or the other way will create confusion, not useful data.

The Devs however have unilaterally decided that aliens/furries are not acceptable, because it does not fit their vision for the game.

It depends on how you reason it. If you say that there are a group of people who have devoted themselves to some sort of deity and go around wearing futuristic knight armour, that might work. For non-human looking characters, either genetic modification, cyberware or holograms could work. Its just that a lot of this stuff will likely not happen for a while, and even then only if a quantifiable amount of people want it to be there. Who knows, everyone could start worshipping hello kitty (just as an example).

EDIT: Also, craftable armour does not have to be functional, it could be cosmetic. Assume that this poll is only talking about cosmetic items since that will make the discussion easier to understand.