Star Citizen and Hello Kitty

Hades

I've made a few replies/posts about what I DON'T want to see in cosmetics (if they decide on implementing a cosmetic shop).  However, I thought it would be worthwhile to point out that Star Citizen's implementation of Hello Kitty is a big no no.  I'm sure twerk probably thinks otherwise, but please... I beg you... keep Hello Kitty cosmetics outside of DU.

And similar actions of course, I obviously don't want to see my little pony in DU either.  On the other hand, anything "over the top" should stay out of the cosmetic store.  This goes for ridiculous looking scifi stuff as well, unpractical designs and stuff.  Hard to explain on that front, but you probably all know what I'm talking about.  Unnecessary (non functional) protrusions from the back, to look like wings... or stuff along those lines.

A player obviously has the right to create a hello kitty shrine with their own assets in game, but keep it out of the cosmetics shop :P

I've made a few replies/posts about what I DON'T want to see in cosmetics (if they decide on implementing a cosmetic shop).  However, I thought it would be worthwhile to point out that Star Citizen's implementation of Hello Kitty is a big no no.  I'm sure twerk probably thinks otherwise, but please... I beg you... keep Hello Kitty cosmetics outside of DU.

And similar actions of course, I obviously don't want to see my little pony in DU either.  On the other hand, anything "over the top" should stay out of the cosmetic store.  This goes for ridiculous looking scifi stuff as well, unpractical designs and stuff.  Hard to explain on that front, but you probably all know what I'm talking about.  Unnecessary (non functional) protrusions from the back, to look like wings... or stuff along those lines.

A player obviously has the right to create a hello kitty shrine with their own assets in game, but keep it out of the cosmetics shop :P

Have to agree with Hades on this one, please keep this crud out... In the long run it makes for a much healthier environment for everyone...

It's 2017, you know? And like, I'm trying to be more tolerant of people cuz you know, don't want the SJW mafia showing up at your door asking why you didn't let players express themselves through pony skins and wings so that they could call themselves "(whatever that white horse princess/queen pony was from that kids show)". So I would have to say just plz make it really expensive thatway if they ruin the "immersion" of the game at all they would have to pay the price with expensive monies. its a win win :D and if people don't feel it should happen just make a KOS policy on anyone with such possessions :P

It's 2017, you know? And like, I'm trying to be more tolerant of people cuz you know, don't want the SJW mafia showing up at your door asking why you didn't let players express themselves through pony skins and wings so that they could call themselves "(whatever that white horse princess/queen pony was from that kids show)". So I would have to say just plz make it really expensive thatway if they ruin the "immersion" of the game at all they would have to pay the price with expensive monies. its a win win :D and if people don't feel it should happen just make a KOS policy on anyone with such possessions :P

A ) Hate-speech is a one way trip to banville. I get your joke, but mate, keep it civil, no "princesses" jokes, I mean, come on, it's 2017.

B ) Hello Kitty is supported by Deadpool. Tell me how Deadpool is "SJW" material, I'll be waiting for your 3000 word essay on the subject.

Whatever male thinks "I don't wear pink on me at any point ,cause pink is [insert homosexual slurr here]" or "Hello Kitty is for [insert a word used for smokes back i nthe day but ended up being used for homosexual instead]" is probably a manchild stuck in their teens, wearing only black, and beign edgelords.

Would you like to be an edgelord a dime a dozen, or a man who's like "I'm such a testosterone fiend of a man, I made Hello Kitty a straight male's sex symbol" ?

I'll be wearing a Hello Kitty sticker, like I do in other games, just so I can stand out from the crowd and be able to greet them without saying a word. If you don't get it, change Hello Kitty with Hello [insert Kitty synonym used as a lewd expression of a coward].

If your ego was not frail, you would not care about the Hello Kitty sticker. ust saying. It works like that. Just saying.

Well, the stuff you might not want in cosmetics (cat ears, wings, tails etc.) could be a product of some form of gene modding (because future-science). The alternative is you could make those cosmetic items holographic (I would love to see some Tyrael style holographic wings for my jetpack).

Well, the stuff you might not want in cosmetics (cat ears, wings, tails etc.) could be a product of some form of gene modding (because future-science). The alternative is you could make those cosmetic items holographic (I would love to see some Tyrael style holographic wings for my jetpack).

That's the kind of edgelord I was talking about earlier. :|

That's edgelord stuff. If you play a game and want to be extra "serios", I should - and anyone like me- have the option to ruin your "immersion" into w/e pwoerfantasy you have, by havign Hello Kitty, Duracel or w/e else brand NQ can secure sellign their sticekrs in-game.

If you want to be an edgelord, I should have the option to be an Internet Ad.

That's the kind of edgelord I was talking about earlier. :|

That's edgelord stuff. If you play a game and want to be extra "serios", I should - and anyone like me- have the option to ruin your "immersion" into w/e pwoerfantasy you have, by havign Hello Kitty, Duracel or w/e else brand NQ can secure sellign their sticekrs in-game.

If you want to be an edgelord, I should have the option to be an Internet Ad.

I never said that I wouldn't be for cute bunny ears and a pink bow on a space helmet combined with prancing around holding a boom box playing "let it go" from Frozen in an army barracks whilst everyone else is in super serious mode.

The point is, we shouldn't exclude the ability to look 'awesome' (depends on your definition) or 'ridiculous' (also depends on your definition). Let the cosmetic store be varied. If you don't want bunny ears, then don't buy them. My comment about holographic cosmetics is that some people could install a holographic disruptor (primarily to disrupt those pretending to be someone else) that would, as a byproduct, disrupt your fancy cosmetics for a bit (it leads to a bit more immersion, as that is the primary argument as to why things like wings or tails shouldn't be allowed).

Who gives a damn what others preferences are? Lets say i despise cosmetics you enjoy, who am i then to tell you what you can and cannot use in the game? Its your personal preference, not mine. If someone wants to have Nazi-ponies on their ships then its their choice not mine. If i don't like it i can always try to wage war against them. Don't force your own taste onto others.

Who gives a damn what others preferences are? Lets say i despise cosmetics you enjoy, who am i then to tell you what you can and cannot use in the game? Its your personal preference, not mine. If someone wants to have Nazi-ponies on their ships then its their choice not mine. If i don't like it i can always try to wage war against them. Don't force your own taste onto others.

I think NQ isn't going to be very lenient with any irl politics, let alone f***ing nazis, if the forum is anything to go by.

I think NQ isn't going to be very lenient with any irl politics, let alone f***ing nazis, if the forum is anything to go by.

Oh i disagree, they will most likely let the community play police themselves. With exceptions of course but they want to intervene as little as possible because this is the players world.

A ) Hate-speech is a one way trip to banville. I get your joke, but mate, keep it civil, no "princesses" jokes, I mean, come on, it's 2017.

B ) Hello Kitty is supported by Deadpool. Tell me how Deadpool is "SJW" material, I'll be waiting for your 3000 word essay on the subject.

Whatever male thinks "I don't wear pink on me at any point ,cause pink is [insert homosexual slurr here]" or "Hello Kitty is for [insert a word used for smokes back i nthe day but ended up being used for homosexual instead]" is probably a manchild stuck in their teens, wearing only black, and beign edgelords.

Would you like to be an edgelord a dime a dozen, or a man who's like "I'm such a testosterone fiend of a man, I made Hello Kitty a straight male's sex symbol" ?

I'll be wearing a Hello Kitty sticker, like I do in other games, just so I can stand out from the crowd and be able to greet them without saying a word. If you don't get it, change Hello Kitty with Hello [insert Kitty synonym used as a lewd expression of a coward].

If your ego was not frail, you would not care about the Hello Kitty sticker. ust saying. It works like that. Just saying.

I like how you fight generalizing with more generalizing.

By no means am I hoping for "edgelord" material to be in the game either.  I'm not entirely sure what that is, but as you can see in the OP... I'm perfectly okay with people creating their own skins/shrines in game... but NQ should NOT sell my little pony skins that you can outright buy from the cosmetic shop.

Anything that breaks the immersion of colonists working day in day out just to survive, is counter-productive to the game IMHO.  La Santa Maria was not fully covered in pink was it?  Because they couldn't worry about those type of things at the time.  Sure you see pink recreational boats now, but even then...

I'm not going to judge you for your preferences, but edgelord... hello kitty... willy wonka... whatever it is, keep it out of the game.  This is partially why I don't want NQ to have a cosmetics shop at all.  Rarely does a game get it right.  Err, by keep it out of the game I mean keep it out of the cosmetic shops if there is one.  Make the shop simplistic.  Keep it simple stupid, right?

I like how you fight generalizing with more generalizing.

By no means am I hoping for "edgelord" material to be in the game either.  I'm not entirely sure what that is, but as you can see in the OP... I'm perfectly okay with people creating their own skins/shrines in game... but NQ should NOT sell my little pony skins that you can outright buy from the cosmetic shop.

Anything that breaks the immersion of colonists working day in day out just to survive, is counter-productive to the game IMHO.  La Santa Maria was not fully covered in pink was it?  Because they couldn't worry about those type of things at the time.  Sure you see pink recreational boats now, but even then...

I'm not going to judge you for your preferences, but edgelord... hello kitty... willy wonka... whatever it is, keep it out of the game.  This is partially why I don't want NQ to have a cosmetics shop at all.  Rarely does a game get it right.  Err, by keep it out of the game I mean keep it out of the cosmetic shops if there is one.  Make the shop simplistic.  Keep it simple stupid, right?

It's a videogame, not LARPing. You would not go with a Hello Kitty T-Shirt in a WW1 re-enactment, but since it's a videogame, I will put on a pink camouflage, Hello Kitty stickers and just zoom through RP communities that dare to play Medieval Simulator in a space MMO.

"Hello Milord, I am Twerkmotor of House Shotgun, I am here to play you the song of my people".

If you want to LARP, go LARP. The rest of us want Rainbow Dash stickers, Hello Kitty stickers, Meme stickers, we want everything that makes our appearence personalised and can trigger people like YOU.

If I can, I will put a Troll-Face sticker, "U Mad?" sticker, Hello Kitty sticker and Rainbow and Lollipops, just so I can ruin the immersion of every single "mucho-in-the-interwebs man", any RPer and pretty much bring a smile onto anyone who sees me and goes like "that guy, looks ridiculous, he's like if a middle-schooler girl's backpack became sentient".

It's a videogame, not LARPing. You would not go with a Hello Kitty T-Shirt in a WW1 re-enactment, but since it's a videogame, I will put on a pink camouflage, Hello Kitty stickers and just zoom through RP communities that dare to play Medieval Simulator in a space MMO.

"Hello Milord, I am Twerkmotor of House Shotgun, I am here to play you the song of my people".

If you want to LARP, go LARP. The rest of us want Rainbow Dash stickers, Hello Kitty stickers, Meme stickers, we want everything that makes our appearence personalised and can trigger people like YOU.

If I can, I will put a Troll-Face sticker, "U Mad?" sticker, Hello Kitty sticker and Rainbow and Lollipops, just so I can ruin the immersion of every single "mucho-in-the-interwebs man", any RPer and pretty much bring a smile onto anyone who sees me and goes like "that guy, looks ridiculous, he's like if a middle-schooler girl's backpack became sentient".

Then I can customize myself to be derogatory to such behavior.  Let's see how this plays out.  I didn't mention it on DU forums, but this CAN lead to conflict... and not the good kind of conflict fought within the universe.  I've seen such conflict break out for something as simple as clan tags in a MMOFPS.

If you can make people like me feel unwelcome, why can't I do the same?

I also think you missed the part where I don't care if you create your own skins... NQ shouldn't dabble in it.  You're free to do whatever you want to do, NQ shouldn't create official skins however.  Same stance I have with Star Citizen.  Let the users create their skins, but don't create it for them.  Let them express their "attention-loving" selves, but do no more than that.

Oh i disagree, they will most likely let the community play police themselves. With exceptions of course but they want to intervene as little as possible because this is the players world.

Believe me when I say I have no faith in the internet to do that.

Believe me when I say I have no faith in the internet to do that.

Well then we should just deal with it. Most likely it wont occur a lot in this world and when it happens on crowded areas people will do something surely, if it happens in a distant solar system you will never explore then whats the problem?

Well then we should just deal with it. Most likely it wont occur a lot in this world and when it happens on crowded areas people will do something surely, if it happens in a distant solar system you will never explore then whats the problem?

The problem is such behavior was supported/encouraged by NQ through an official cosmetic/skin.  I don't think anyone has a problem with people creating their own skins.

The problem is such behavior was supported/encouraged by NQ through an official cosmetic/skin.  I don't think anyone has a problem with people creating their own skins.

Yeah well it doesn't have to be official stuff yes

Then I can customize myself to be derogatory to such behavior.  Let's see how this plays out.  I didn't mention it on DU forums, but this CAN lead to conflict... and not the good kind of conflict fought within the universe.  I've seen such conflict break out for something as simple as clan tags in a MMOFPS.

If you can make people like me feel unwelcome, why can't I do the same?

I also think you missed the part where I don't care if you create your own skins... NQ shouldn't dabble in it.  You're free to do whatever you want to do, NQ shouldn't create official skins however.  Same stance I have with Star Citizen.  Let the users create their skins, but don't create it for them.  Let them express their "attention-loving" selves, but do no more than that.

Planetside 2's flaws are not in the skins or the stickers, but on the gameplay. You hating people who have a bette sense of humor, it's your problem. 

As I said, this is not LARPing. People who want to support the devs more ,should be able to buy skins or cosmetic tidbits like sticekrs.

In EVE, PLEX can be used to buy skins as well, so DACs can be a way for people who don't want to pay for skins to get them by buyingg DAC and redeemming it, which means NQ makes more money and can provide better  support for the game and people can't bitch that "they can't get those skins". You can, just buy DACs from the market, and redeem them. 

But hey, NQ should not make money other than the bare minimum. They should not ruin your entitled immersion. And even worse, SC has no subscription requirement, it's a B2P model (for launch). Devs eating food every night? NO, your entitled immersion and armchair generalisimo attitude demands no Hello Kitty stickers.

Welcome to the real world. Other people have opinions and preferrences. There are also things called "limits" and NQ has them (both in game engine and in content). Allowing people to make their own skins would only end bad. Hello Kitty would be the least of your problems, if Mike the Nazi Enthusiast was to make Hello Hitler stickers, but don't let pragmatism hinder your reasoning there.

I respect your right to RP, but guess what, you'll have to deal with my Hello Kitty stickers. You'll also have to deal with NQ selling DAC for multiple purposes, as they can monetise better that way.

Ce la vie.

Planetside 2's flaws are not in the skins or the stickers, but on the gameplay. You hating people who have a bette sense of humor, it's your problem. 

As I said, this is not LARPing. People who want to support the devs more ,should be able to buy skins or cosmetic tidbits like sticekrs.

In EVE, PLEX can be used to buy skins as well, so DACs can be a way for people who don't want to pay for skins to get them by buyingg DAC and redeemming it, which means NQ makes more money and can provide better  support for the game and people can't bitch that "they can't get those skins". You can, just buy DACs from the market, and redeem them. 

But hey, NQ should not make money other than the bare minimum. They should not ruin your entitled immersion. And even worse, SC has no subscription requirement, it's a B2P model (for launch). Devs eating food every night? NO, your entitled immersion and armchair generalisimo attitude demands no Hello Kitty stickers.

Welcome to the real world. Other people have opinions and preferrences. There are also things called "limits" and NQ has them (both in game engine and in content). Allowing people to make their own skins would only end bad. Hello Kitty would be the least of your problems, if Mike the Nazi Enthusiast was to make Hello Hitler stickers, but don't let pragmatism hinder your reasoning there.

I respect your right to RP, but guess what, you'll have to deal with my Hello Kitty stickers. You'll also have to deal with NQ selling DAC for multiple purposes, as they can monetise better that way.

Ce la vie.

This guy never knows how to read, does he?

I clearly called for a simplistic cosmetic shop that has immersion-enhancing cosmetics.  Having such will gain far more purchases than a hello kitty sticker lmfao

Welcome to the real world.