What Should DU Citizens be Called Part 2

AccuNut

DU Citizens Title  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What Should DU Citizens be Called?

• Arkers
    • Colonists

I don't even get why people argue over such a topic

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There must always be a debate on forums, it just forum nature!!!

- -

*Sighs about his Dualities suggestion not taken into consideration!*

There must always be a debate on forums, it just forum nature!!!

- -

*Sighs about his Dualities suggestion not taken into consideration!*

There was an original poll for various suggestions. This is the two favourites duking it out, and Dualities was not a favourite.

Well, if someone is cheating they would have to be using an alternate account. I have the poll set up to accept only one vote per account, though I may have private voting on. That just means you don't see the names of who voted for which option.

However, if you decide to change your vote you can always do so, just press "delete my vote" in the poll box and select the other option.

If I have to choose between the two, I pick colonists. Otherwise I would call them Novarkians.

Hmmm... never would have guessed. :P

Welcome to the forums! If you have any questions feel free to ask, most of the members here will be happy to help you out!

Also, don't forget the search function. It takes a minute to figure out but works pretty well once you do.

Uhm... according to lore... we emerge from the Novark on Aphelia... wouldn't that make us Aphelians?

Just a thought... 

Aphelia is the artificial intelligence in charge of maintaining the Novark.

Alioth is the planet it lands on.

Well I knew it was an "A" name.... LOL So Aliothians then!   :D

Anyone living on Alioth will probably be referred to this way, but what about those who venture into the vast emptiness of space and settle on a planet called Xandar? I would assume that they will prefer the term "Xandarians" since that is their planet's name.

Nobody is saying that planetary-based names shouldn't be used, but that isn't necessarily what this thread is meant to establish.

This was discussed a bit in the original thread, follow the link in my first post and it will bring you straight there! Part 1 was very interesting indeed as a lot of good names were suggested that didn't make it into this "Final Showdown". If nothing else, it will give you a pretty solid idea of what this poll is aiming for.

This was discussed a bit in the original thread, follow the link in my first post and it will bring you straight there! Part 1 was very interesting indeed as a lot of good names were suggested that didn't make it into this "Final Showdown". If nothing else, it will give you a pretty solid idea of what this poll is aiming for.

Oh I get what it's aiming for... I read the original material too :)   Personally I voted for 'Colonist' in your poll... I was just exercising my right to be a skootch. ;)

There's going to be all kinds of 'names' applied to people once the universe is available to us... (prolly some not so nice...LOL!)

I think your poll is admirable, and a great way to pass the time while we wait for things to unfold.

No offense meant, just being sure everyone is on the same page. :)

And yes, I am sure there will be lots of names and name-calling that will occur, it is the internet after all!

I am happy to hear you read the original thread, a lot of people just skip it and miss out on everything in there!