I hate Mondays!

Just thought I would let everyone know why I have not been, exactly, active recently...

Most of you know my history of bad luck with everything medical... - Well apparently the dice have rolled again "not" in my favor...

At 04.17.17 @ 11:00 US.C I will be going into surgery to have a large thyroglossal duct cyst removed from my neck, normally not a lengthy issue it is however compounded by the fact that it also happens to be partially inside my voice box. This means that in order to remove it the surgeon has to cut out and then replace a part of my voice. It is this action that will either, A - Result in my voice being damaged to the point where I sound like I have laryngitis, of which this will be permament, or B - The full, permament, loss to my voice.

While I hope either circumstances are null, unexpected things can still happen.

Anyway when and if I am able to be back online again - I look forward to seeing you all ingame, so we all can give each other a damn hard time.

Best of luck to all

- - See you on the flip side. . . 

Oh and for those curious as to what it happens to look like - 

scan1.jpg

Very sorry for this happening to you, hope you don't lose your voice and recover swiftly. If only this happened after Alpha launch so you had a good excuse to use every waking minute to play ;)  . Hope all goes well.

Having my fair share of experience with surgery and hospitals, and even with a disease similar to yours, I know the risk and situation you're in just too well. While aftereffects are not all unlikely in these surgeries, doctors do a good job on that, so I wouldn't be worried about that.

What I wish you is that you get well over the anesthesia! If they extend your little nap in the surgery room for some reason, that can really make you wish you'd have died in there by the time you wake up. Good luck with everything.

Is the "have fun" part of "glhf" in order?

I kid, hope everything goes well. Hopefully you'll be all good to go by the time alpha comes and you can take those first steps with all the rest of us. c:

Having my fair share of experience with surgery and hospitals, and even with a disease similar to yours, I know the risk and situation you're in just too well. While aftereffects are not all unlikely in these surgeries, doctors do a good job on that, so I wouldn't be worried about that.

What I wish you is that you get well over the anesthesia! If they extend your little nap in the surgery room for some reason, that can really make you wish you'd have died in there by the time you wake up. Good luck with everything.

Have to agree with this guy, many of us have gone through similar situations.  I am sure you're in good hands!  What they accomplish is astounding, even if it seems like the odds are against you.

Well everyone, I made it through. Operation took about two hours, with a minor complication - apparently while out I vomited on the doc, poor guy - 

My voice is starting to recover to an extent, although it has not yet gone beyond a very hoarse whisper, at-least I can still talk, especially considering he did have to cut into

my voice box to remove a sizable amount of the cyst. 

The good news is that I will get to live another day -

Anyway - here is the aftermath -

http://imgur.com/a/AMYps

For now - all speeches are on hold - due to voice loss, no christening ship launches... oh bummer.

Take care all - and look forward to seeing you all in Dual Universe. 

Well everyone, I made it through. Operation took about two hours, with a minor complication - apparently while out I vomited on the doc, poor guy - 

My voice is starting to recover to an extent, although it has not yet gone beyond a very hoarse whisper, at-least I can still talk, especially considering he did have to cut into

my voice box to remove a sizable amount of the cyst. 

The good news is that I will get to live another day -

Anyway - here is the aftermath -

http://imgur.com/a/AMYps

For now - all speeches are on hold - due to voice loss, no christening ship launches... oh bummer.

Take care all - and look forward to seeing you all in Dual Universe. 

I guess in that traumatic series of event...

You left a part of you there.

(I am so sorry...)