Organisation Chat

jtroberts01

Hey guys,

In other games I've played, groups like the organisations here have an in-game chat for live communication. I was wondering a chat like this would be implemented into Dual Universe for the organisations? It would mean that organisations wouldn't have to use off-game resources like Discord to communicate, and it would help to engage new players in organisations they've just joined.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned / implemented.

In due time, a chat integrated into this website might make sense and it would boost community interaction and relations. Featured channels can be general, off-topic, organizations (to allow recruitment there or discussion), etc.

In due time, a chat integrated into this website might make sense and it would boost community interaction and relations. Featured channels can be general, off-topic, organizations (to allow recruitment there or discussion), etc.

It could work, although I don't really see any difference to discord.... But it could be cool later in development. Because, you know, WE ARE DIPLOMATS

Chat system is listed in the features list on the crowdfunding portal. Org chat is pretty much a given for an MMO, or it should be.

Yea it should be, but how you will send your message to your friend on the end of the galaxy? -As Live Chat with few ms.. How ? 

Maybe a Org needs in every System a Satellite/Antenna or somethnig to access a live chat. 

Or will JC say us 'A unique ArkShip tech allows the Users to communicate"

Well both seems ok for me. 

why not just integrate Discord API into le website? I believe that's doable... somehow...

Once upon a time, in the days of yore, when MSN Messenger was still a thing, Lineage 2 managed to integrate it into the client. Yeah, voice calls with your buddies, from within the game's client.

I think it's more about "can we afford the integration" rather than "can we achieve the integration". 

Lineage 2 did its integration of MSN Messenger back when, because a thing called Gmail had just landed and it tanked Hotmail's stock with its -gasp- 1GB of mail storage.

So, if NQ finds a way to integrate Discord's API into the game, cool, but the real question is "why bother, when you can alt-tab?".

Sure, the benefits of having something integrated with the client are numerous, from performance to more subtle things, like nuances, but the layman won't see the difference, not to mention, the Discord API in-game, would be limited to the player account, while your Discord App, is able to run your e-mail, and be in more Discords other than your Org's.

In many cases, the idea solves many issues with EVE's problems on the subject, mainly the "you gotta be in Discord, 3 different XMPP chats and Teamspeak to be active in the game" - all of which require an API key from your account to be validated. You don't need to connect your Discord to your  Org's Discord via an API-key, cause your acccount is gonna be joined to a Discord  channel ON the client.

TL ; DR : I approve, excellent idea. Solves many issues, one being API Key extravaganzas like EVE's, but it may need time to be itnegrated.

P.S. : Hi NovaQuark, if you are to integrate Discord down the line, please add an ALARM function, so people who carry RDMS tags for it, be able to ring that Alarm when needed. Trust me, it will make home defense much more interesting if a person can be Dispatch for a player-ran police force. Most of the XMPP chats people enforce in EVE, are for those alarms, so, if you add Discord, take the liberty of coding in an Alamr function :P