Hey, just a small forum for us to guess what the hidden stretch goal is :P

I'll go first,

I believe its either

800,000 Euro goal for character customization

800,000 euro goal for in-game voice,

OR

1,000,000 Euro goal for StarGates. 

Give your opinions below  :P

Personally, if they do anymore stretch goals I think they should be sort of backer reward things. Things like: but 750000 and everyone who backed gets a special avatar skin or new blueprint for a simple ship or something. Maybe hit a million and all the backers get a free DAC or something.

Stuff that isn't going to take a lot of dev time (to avoid the game getting stuck in perpetual crowd funding) but are still cool and reward those who have backed the game.

I think they mentioned somewhere featurecreep and that they won't do what SC did. So to me it would make sense that this (for now) hidden goal is the last one for release.

Yeah, them having a Minimum Viable Product is something I fully support, than an ever developing feature creep with no end in sight.

Hi everyone!

To end (sadly) this mystery, the obscured stretch goal was something we planned to have before deciding to stop the stretch goals at the bounty system.

The reason behind this decision: we want to avoid the feature creep trap, which generally delays a lot the official release of crowdfunded games.

That doesn't mean we are going to cancel the obscured stretch goal. It's just it won't be implemented for the Official release, and it will just be part of one of the free expansions we will work on after the Official Release. We have a lot of unrevealed stretch goals in the pipeline so you can expect, if all goes well, many expansions in the coming years after the Official Release! ;) 

Sidenote: the obscured stretch goal is going to disappear with the updated picture of the stretch goals (coming today) on the Crowdfunding Portal.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Hi everyone!

To end (sadly) this mystery, the obscured stretch goal was something we planned to have before deciding to stop the stretch goals at the bounty system.

The reason behind this decision: we want to avoid the feature creep trap, which generally delays a lot the official release of crowdfunded games.

That doesn't mean we are going to cancel the obscured stretch goal. It's just it won't be implemented for the Official release, and it will just be part of one of the free expansions we will work on after the Official Release. We have a lot of unrevealed stretch goals in the pipeline so you can expect, if all goes well, many expansions in the coming years after the Official Release! ;)

Sidenote: the obscured stretch goal is going to disappear with the updated picture of the stretch goals (coming today) on the Crowdfunding Portal.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Thanks for clarification!

Although I'm sad - no mysteries anymore :(( - I think this is a very good choice. Don't make mistakes other studios did as well - make the core features good and work from there to make DU huge

I like the attitude at NQ, keep it up.

Nontheless I'm sad - maybe a cookie will help? :)

Hi everyone!

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Can you tell us what you had planned so we can know for the future? 

Stretch goals should not affect the Project Charter.  Existing goals and deadlines should still exist.

In my opinion, stretch goals should be additional phases to development, with their own project charter, budget, and deadline.  This minimizes scope creep.  Yes, existing devs need to have an idea of future expansion, so they can provide the 'hooks' required for the additional projects.   The stretch goal projects should then work with what is given to them by the original project (Master Project). 

This is what's wrong with Star Citizen.  They've got an idiot ruling from above, who has demonstrated no project management skills.  The biggest issue with SC is Chris Roberts.  He should get out of the way, and let the experts handle their area of expertise.

Stretch goals should not affect the Project Charter.  Existing goals and deadlines should still exist.

In my opinion, stretch goals should be additional phases to development, with their own project charter, budget, and deadline.  This minimizes scope creep.  Yes, existing devs need to have an idea of future expansion, so they can provide the 'hooks' required for the additional projects.   The stretch goal projects should then work with what is given to them by the original project (Master Project). 

This is what's wrong with Star Citizen.  They've got an idiot ruling from above, who has demonstrated no project management skills.  The biggest issue with SC is Chris Roberts.  He should get out of the way, and let the experts handle their area of expertise.

I personally think the largest mistake CIG made was not using an in-house engine from the get-go.  Unlike Dual Universe, Star Citizen started editing their engine WHILE creating the game.  Needless to say, that created a mess.  Especially when your development teams are scattered half way across the world.

However, things are starting to look up with Star Citizen... so that's a plus :)

Edit:

As an aside, no one can deny the fact that feature creep entered Star Citizen.  (It was supposed to be a single player game at the beginning!).  This is also probably why they went with stock Cry Engine as they didn't think they would have to tack on a MMO.  But they did.  Did they promise something they couldn't handle?  I don't think so... but they did promise something that was going to be rife with delays and setbacks... no matter who was behind the development.

While Feature Creep is an issue in SC, you got to remember that Chris Roberts is not a nobody. He has proven he has project management skills. What he didn't had before, was a budget for his ambition.

The real problem with SC is not Chris Roberts, it's its over-the-top ambition that they will deliver on all the ridiculous things they claimed - and to an extend they have. But as a guy on youtube said "... they are taking so long to develope Star Citizen, that they started redoing their old ship models, and adding even more polygons, while Chris comes in, saying "add this" or "make the engines bigger", ending up making each ship looking like someone tried to 3D-print a car crash".

Which is why I respect NQ for their decision to not promise ridiculous things on top of their ambition of a "no loading screens MMO". That's enough amvition for a project. If they deliver on that, everything else can follows.

Player job boards.

Because why not stay on topic?

This is why:

Hi everyone!

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

There really isn't a "topic" to be on at the moment for this thread ^^