What rules will be implemented into the game?

calewars

From what I understand (though this may only show my lack of understanding rather than reality), is they want to somewhat follow EVE online's model. That means, certain parts of space would be considered "safe" due to being heavily policed and protected, certain parts of space would have limited protection, so petty crimes would be ok, but blowing up a planet would incur the instant wrath of the galaxy, and certain parts of space would be a wild west in space scenario, where players would be free to do whatever it is they want to, and regulate or police whatever area they 'claim' if they wish to do so, with their own player forces.

Though specifically destroying a planet - I'm not sure if that would be possible. NQ said that you could 'dig up' a planet (think the 2km down number was being thrown around, but that was too early in the pre-alpha to be concrete), so hypothetically speaking, you could "destroy" the surface area of a planet with enough firepower - but I don't think you would be able to destroy the core of the planet itself from what's been said.

From what I understand (though this may only show my lack of understanding rather than reality), is they want to somewhat follow EVE online's model. That means, certain parts of space would be considered "safe" due to being heavily policed and protected, certain parts of space would have limited protection, so petty crimes would be ok, but blowing up a planet would incur the instant wrath of the galaxy, and certain parts of space would be a wild west in space scenario, where players would be free to do whatever it is they want to, and regulate or police whatever area they 'claim' if they wish to do so, with their own player forces.

Though specifically destroying a planet - I'm not sure if that would be possible. NQ said that you could 'dig up' a planet (think the 2km down number was being thrown around, but that was too early in the pre-alpha to be concrete), so hypothetically speaking, you could "destroy" the surface area of a planet with enough firepower - but I don't think you would be able to destroy the core of the planet itself from what's been said.

No, there's no Concord Police Force. I thought it was common knowledge by now, but DU has no NPC anything, safe from some wildlife.

There are Safezones where nothing can happen to you (ala NPC stations) but they are having a rental on them, that icnreases with player population. So, if you live in downlown LA of a Safezone, then rent's gonna be high (but so will opportunities for jobs I guess).

If I would make a connection between EVE and DU, DU's space is Wormhole Space, no police, no rules. You can;'t defend your space, you lose it, either on a planet or in space. It's the hard fact of life EVE teaches you, to not take things for granted. And I would hope DU will teach the same thing to other people who haven't played EVE.

Also, Planets in DU are more like Regions from EVE. You can't lock down a region with one single corporation and some parts of that region may not have NPC stations, but may have player ran Stations / Citadels. Those are Protection Bubbles in DU. But, you guessed it, you pay rent (unless people in them are doing it pro bono... in which case... lol).

While you can't hide in space, at least, not very easily, you can easily hide on a planet. Dig and build underground. Done, you're safe.

Also, while Super Weapons in the sense of "Craft MegaLaz0or of Doom" won't be a thing, people need to udnerstand why Destroyers are cfalled Destroyers and not "jacked-up Frigates".

Add 10 long range guns on a ship, orbit a planet, nuke planet from orbit (latest DevDiary, orbits confirmed, as wel las momentum). 

Now, extrapolate the number of weaposn in the scale of a battleship or a dreadnaught. Now we're talking. Have 50 Long Range guns hitting a shield on an area, take down shield, then negotiate. If the onwers don't cooporate, focus down a building or two, if they don't copoeate stil, flatten the city, salvage it later.

A warship IS a super-weapon.

Just finda few good (or terrible) men, and go out there in the game world, being the Reavers or the Reaper or the Empire and just level cities.

But not exploding planets, that would be ridiculous. Having ruins of a city that scavengers pick off like crows on the battlefield, would make for ENDLESS content generated by players down the line, with new players in-game seeing the ruins of a once great city that the Army of the Ponyrider leveled to the ground because the leader of the city and the Eternal Pony Emperor had an arguement over if Goku would beat Superman in a 1 versus 1. 

That's nerd history in the making right there.