Expanding The Market

calewars

This is Elector Cale(wars) bringing up some economics again.

Lets say there was a DU mechanic where you could model small objects like a bobble head. You could sell them by producing them on the DU player market for fun and make profit. Instead of modeling with blender and having so much more mechanics to have to add and deal with. Why not make a in game model system similair to blender? Lets say you had 1 block worth of material to sculpt something. If you wanted to sculpt something that was the size of 10 cubes it would take 10 cubes from your invintory. Once one if made you could save it and it could be made with small factory units or it could be super scaled with more materials. Instead of having to use blender, skecthup. or something to that sort and go through the trouble of uploading it through the market. This could also bring more mechanics such as modeling chairs or tables maby even some sort of lighting systems to sculpt or buy. These would be able to be placed for decoration mainly.

Some might say its a stupid idea and its usless. In real life toys are usless. Theres no point for toys or bobble heads. We do it for fun, or just to make a profit off of people who like stuff like that. People are doing this Now! People are already modeling various ships for dual later on. You can find them on various posts.

If you liked this idea find a Opean Federation post off the community and give them a like!

Even follow us on discord.

We offer many jobs!

I never said it was hard im saying its the hassle of having it to calculate how many materials you used to make these sculpted objects as i said if you made an object 9 mini blocks tall it would take that much away. It could be possible to upload models, but it would have to include managing a diversity of different files from different engines.

I noticed in some videos there was some very detailed sculpting being shown, I think that with the inbuilt voxel tech you would be able to make things like this.

There might possibly be, but it may be individual items that have already been considered into the game. What I display here is being able to do this but model it in different styles really. So how accurate and specific the voxel building is will vary.

I like the idea, but seems quite obviously to me as something that wouldn't be in the game for a long while.
After reading your post thoroughly, I have to say it is an interesting idea and I can certainly see the benefits of being able to use a proper visual program to model a piece of furniture.
In game there is definitely some awesome voxel manipulation. But being able to 'hold' a hologram right in front of you and to be able to make some small changes to it, it would be very cool.
The idea certainly seems like a long shot, but it is a cool idea that I wouldn't mind to see somewhere in the future :)

see my reply in that other thread:

NQ works hard on core mechanics and core gameplay. Aesthetics/fun items/useless items/whatever isn't needed for the CORE of the game will not be implemented in the first few years. If players insist on having such nonsense, then NQ will think about it. But I doubt we'll see much of that within 5 years.

If you're only want some sculptures you can already do that ingame with the smoothing-tool - watch febuary devdiary

I like the idea, but seems quite obviously to me as something that wouldn't be in the game for a long while.

After reading your post thoroughly, I have to say it is an interesting idea and I can certainly see the benefits of being able to use a proper visual program to model a piece of furniture.

In game there is definitely some awesome voxel manipulation. But being able to 'hold' a hologram right in front of you and to be able to make some small changes to it, it would be very cool.

The idea certainly seems like a long shot, but it is a cool idea that I wouldn't mind to see somewhere in the future :)

voxel building on large scales would be very complex and specific, but depending how detailed it actually gets would depend upon the designers. Like for example you had a normal block the size of half of you. How well could you model that into a chair with the big tools you already have. By adding smaller tools to work with doesn't just go along with my idea for all of these items, but a player willing to spend time could customize his own ship and make it look like it was from Gaurdians of the galaxy with almost every detail.