NQ-Nunc

New Volunteer Forum Moderators

When you guys spend this much time paying attention to the quality of the forums, it gives me great hope that DU will rise above and beyond anything else out there. Thanks so much!

I can not express how much this pleases me to see. I know Nyzaltar and co have been working non-stop to moderate the forums but as the community grows so does the workload. Its' good to see you guys getting some much deserved relief.

​Welcome to our new mod overlords.

Thanks for the update Nyzaltar!  I appreciate your efforts to help make this community the best it can be!!  A lot of game devs don't bother to give the community forums the attention you guys do.  Thank you :-)

what kind of abilities fo super moderators have? can they fly or shoot lazers from their posts?i hope they do a good job of cleaning up after themselves, i didnt see batman spiderman or superman cleaning up after they destroy the villain) :P

Lol they are never coming... Sighs.

Who knows. this could all be a ploy as they are already among us. They want you to think they are behind while this whole time they have been ahead......

NQ, love to see the updates about this. Glad you guys will be getting the help you deserve and good to see you taking into account a power struggle. We all know how online gamers can be when they have Mod powers.

I'm bored of waiting for DU lol. Anyone else?

im bored WHILE waiting for DU, but not bored for waiting fro DU itself.

I'm bored of waiting for DU lol. Anyone else?

Waiting is hard.  But that's why my crew stays in touch via forum, discord and by playing other games with each other.  We also have been working on creating alliances and making a lot of plans.  It's not THE game, but in a way, some of us are already playing and have been for quite a while.  So I can't say I'm bored, just more and more anxious as time goes by.

I doubt the forums will actually need extra moderation for a while. We just seem to fling little insults there and there *cough* like me *cough* but no witch hunting... yet.

But when DU gets more popularity, I think the extra mods will be needed.

I doubt the forums will actually need extra moderation for a while. We just seem to fling little insults there and there *cough* like me *cough* but no witch hunting... yet.

Agreed. It has been slow but once the game is out, all hands on deck

I mean, you're right, but at the same time it's impressive how much mischief even this many people have managed to get up to. 

I mean, you're right, but at the same time it's impressive how much mischief even this many people have managed to get up to. 

Got to love online game communities. Mischief is always in the air

Got to love online game communities. Mischief is always in the air

I love the smell of burning pixels in the morning. Smells like victory.

Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Shall we do gladiator fights to pass the time?

I must say I find it unique that you guys had decided to go with a very old style of modding. The whole Anon modding actually has caused a lot of drama in the past communities in gaming especially MMO gaming. Knowing who is a mod gave a little more trust and understanding. Either way it is just my 2 cents but I like to see the transparency and such myself. I will not apply myself for a Anon position period this day of age but that is just my own belief. 

Having anonymous forum mods is needed in a game such as DU.

If people knew who they were then they would try to influence them for their own personal gain, that's where the finger pointing starts and communities become divided. Especially if a few of the mods are from the same organizations.

If people knew who they were then they would try to influence them for their own personal gain, that's where the finger pointing starts and communities become divided. Especially if a few of the mods are from the same organizations.

See this is where I disagree. In the end someone opens their mouth and then drama starts. I seen it happen over and over. Being a forum mod is nothing special. Your pretty much there to direct traffic and remove trash. If anyone else thinks anything higher then that then something bad is happening with moderation that should not be happening.

That being said it's their choice and they decided so I respect that just not my style of how I would of done it.

Hi there,

Remember that, if players don't know who is the moderator, NQ does and can take action if a moderator is bad, he won't stay for long.

Regards,

Shadow

Yep this.

I have personally seen 100x more drama caused by known mods using regular accounts. It might start off fine but soon bias' whether real or imagined creep in and any time that mod acts on something it comes into question based on his past convos and beliefs. You have a disagreement or debate with a mod on a topic about the game, you later get in infraction and then you point fingers at that mod that he only modded you because you disagreed with them on some topic. It also removes the possibility of the mod just outright removing posts that don't align with his way of thinking, seen that happen a lot as well. 

Bottom line though it shouldn't really matter either way, don't break the rules and you won't have a problem.