[U.E.] Declassified Designs: M1 Triclops (V1 & V2)

Note: It's been a while since I've looked at the U.E. and D.U. in general (that and it's a slow Sunday), So I've taken away some time to finish a post I didn't finish, and also to declassify a design based on that post (the post was on the U.E.'s use of drones to conserve manpower).

[Probably will go quiet again soon, but will try to prove my continued living on occassion]

Pictures: gsEIfBk.jpg?1  

can also be found in the Steam Workshop through clicking "Steam Workshop." (as represented in Space Engineers).

The Design: Mark I. Triclops (V1 & V2)

The M1 Triclops is based on Imperial Naval Doctrine applied to the new addition of automation & programming, meant to be pilot-able long-range, high-G strikecraft, armed with heavier weapons, armor, engines and capabilities at the cost of maneuverability. (++Bombing, -Dogfighting)

This design being for the purpose of crippling enemy ship-systems (such as engines) or being able to focus fire center-mass on enemy fighters (tearing them to shreds), hypothetically by accelerated as to pass the enemy vessel, then tilting as to bring weapons to bear as they passed by. 

The ship comes with 3 Cameras and 3 Command Systems (2 Redundancies) throughout its chassis, with additional redundancies to communications and maneuvering thrusters/gyros.

Technically, this makes it possible to have the ship still be capable of basic flight and combat (though to a much decreased standard) if it were blasted in two, as represented in engine-placement in Space Engineers.

logo.png

[EDIT: This was produced at midnight. Its info should only be on the org-posts? Not sure why this is on the forum.]

Enjoy. ?

because you posted it here

Well, I know that; I'm just confused as to why. Midnight-me may've known - but the info's already on the org-posts and publicized, so his motives elude me.

Also; did try to edit to try and upload the images, but just got that little picture icon.

Well, I know that; I'm just confused as to why. Midnight-me may've known - but the info's already on the org-posts and publicized, so his motives elude me.

Also; did try to edit to try and upload the images, but just got that little picture icon.

You can't upload the images directly through your computer. Anyways i recommend uploading the pictures to imgur and using the direct image link. That should work.

though combat effective drones and automation will likely not be possible, due to balance concerns.

Speculations, lateral and horizontal thrust will not be available in the first version because of time constraints :)