Hello Nova Quark & People of the Forum.

Will i be able to make a hanger and make a shield generator so random people just can't destroy it. And what will happen if my contructs get destroyed? I also want to know if i can hire people to watch out for my vehicles in my hanger and can i make a public hanger for people who want to store their ships?

Kind Regards, Victor AKA slayervictor

Hey Victor,
So basically, you can make anything you want in DU (Dual Universe). A hanger, a ship, an underground secret lab, anything.
From what I know, you can make a bubble shield generator but will only be as effective as the amount of power you pump into it.

So long as you can find an organization of people you can trust, and you can afford it with the in game money, then yes, you can hire a bunch of armed guards.

With the 'if my construct gets destroyed' part... well if you just mean if something gets destroyed - then it will be destroyed. But if you meant your shield generator, then your shield generator will no longer be protecting the construct.

An important thing to know is that if you are building a hanger (on a planet in this scenario) then you will want to place down a territorial node. A TN will allow you to give certain people rights and duties within your TN area (roughly 1km hexagonal area) . Using the RDMS (Rights and duties management system) you can simply give only yourself permission to enter or build in your hanger, or you can give access to everyone to enter, but not build. It is very flexible in what you are able to do.

Hopefully this answers your questions.

And also I would definitely recommend reading any material you can find on DU, it will answer a lot of the questions you had, and many more.
Specifically:
The wiki - http://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/Dual_Universe_Wiki
The devblog - https://devblog.dualthegame.com/
And the AMA threads on the forums (go to 'Dual Universe - Starting Zone - Rules and Announcements'. You will see three different Kickstarter AMA Event threads, just read those)

Welcome to the forums.

Hello Nova Quark & People of the Forum.

Will i be able to make a hanger and make a shield generator so random people just can't destroy it. And what will happen if my contructs get destroyed? I also want to know if i can hire people to watch out for my vehicles in my hanger and can i make a public hanger for people who want to store their ships?

Kind Regards, Victor AKA slayervictor

Sullos (even though he's pretty new) already gave good answers (kudos to you for that feat!)

Yes you can make a hangar and build a shield generator. That one would need power to operate and will create a shield bubble with a certain radius. It can be attacked but you have a 48h (for now) timer on it....only after that timer runs out, the attackers will be able to kill the shield and thus be able to destroy/steal your ship. If small shield bubbles are worth constructing is another topic - they might be very expensive.

NQ also stated somewhere that they think about some kind of "personal shield" for your construct when you log off. Although I think that's a bad idea and clearly is against the MMO/emergent gameplay aspect of the game.

If your ship is destroyed - then it's gone. What do you expect to happen?

If those personal shields for constructs won't be a thing then there will be player run services like parking lots. They charge you a fee and in return protect your ship while you're offline. Someone will start this for sure :)

oh, and welcome to the forums o/

If your ship is destroyed - then it's gone. What do you expect to happen?

Only want to add that you can have "blue-prints" of your ships/constructions, so once they are destroyed you will be able to rebuild it again.

And about hiring people to protect your hanger, there are plenty of "trustworthy" mercenary ORGs. ;)

Welcome to the forums  :)

**In the best possible Russian accent**

You want hire people? I do good job, watch stuff. No need provide food or weapon, used to work in chain gang, will eat brick and kill thief with brick. No refund or discount, price already cheap. Can also be doctor, cook, mechanic and pilot for your stuff. Good deal yes?

• 4 weeks later...

And about hiring people to protect your hanger, there are plenty of "trustworthy" mercenary ORGs. ;)

Welcome to the forums :)

I do consider myself fairly trustworthy, if you pay me.