Handedness

DarkHorizon

What is your writing dominant hand?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What is your dominant writing hand?

Left Handed checking in. I am however ambidextrous in using cutlery, computer mouse and other stuff because of how everything is made for right handed during my upbringing.

no SHIT! Like 90% of the countries (Atleast) teach people from a young age to use their Right hand.

An interesting bit about me. Mother tried real hard to teach me to write with my right hand, but I always switched to my left hand.

She gave up after a while.   ^_^

An interesting bit about me. Mother tried real hard to teach me to write with my right hand, but I always switched to my left hand.

She gave up after a while.

Ironically enough the same situation with me it feels so much more precise to push against the paper than to let the pen "flow"

She gave up after a while.   ^_^

My parents didn't care that i was left handed but sure as hell stuff in my everyday life was based around right handed stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

It is really off-putting with the UI handling from the left in the trailers, though I do appreciate that there are left handed people who probably feel the same way if it was the other way round. Either way, it would be very nice if DU gives you the option to chose which hand performs the UI actions and animations. At best, the devs realise factually, majority of the population are right handed and/or are used to right handed UI in vast majority of games, thus giving us such an option, and at worst we would just have to cringe and try put up with it (like we did with Dead Space games).

I didn't realize that it's actually possible for people to be stu... As sh.. and cringe at such a minor and unimportant thing. Kids these days - they think their feelings and opinions are the only ones that matter.

Couldn't care less what side everything is. It's their choice. If they only do left, whatever. "Adapt or die" doesn't even apply here. If you have had a problem with a great game like dead space because of that - you definitely have bigger problems.

I didn't realize that it's actually possible for people to be stu... As sh.. and cringe at such a minor and unimportant thing. Kids these days - they think their feelings and opinions are the only ones that matter.

Couldn't care less what side everything is. It's their choice. If they only do left, whatever. "Adapt or die" doesn't even apply here. If you have had a problem with a great game like dead space because of that - you definitely have bigger problems.

I do believe that is a really good point...

Creating a new set of animations just for lefties?

As a leftie, I am completely dumbfounded at any reasoning for lack of left-hand-animations is 'cringe.'

Game Content > Animations

As a leftie i agree. Over the course of my upbringing i've gotten used to a lot of stuff being made for right handed people. I'm basically ambidextrous when it comes to gaming so i couldn't care less.