Blueprints and expiry dates

YouAgain

i hope blueprints have expiry dates dates on them as a means of a type of rent control for example say you have a heavily secure area  with loads of storage plots and you rent them out to other players as a safe storage area and once the blueprint expiry runs out a player has to buy another blueprint for that same plot to keep using it. lol we could have storage wars on dual universe.

i hope blueprints have expiry dates dates on them as a means of a type of rent control for example say you have a heavily secure area with loads of storage plots and you rent them out to other players as a safe storage area and once the blueprint expiry runs out a player has to buy another blueprint for that same plot to keep using it. lol we could have storage wars on dual universe.

Also if blueprints have expiry dates in the way you suggest, it could get ugly with ships and battle stations needing to be constantly renewed so to say.

i hope blueprints have expiry dates dates on them as a means of a type of rent control for example say you have a heavily secure area with loads of storage plots and you rent them out to other players as a safe storage area and once the blueprint expiry runs out a player has to buy another blueprint for that same plot to keep using it. lol we could have storage wars on dual universe.

Also if blueprints have expiry dates in the way you suggest, it could get ugly with ships and battle stations needing to be constantly renewed so to say.

Perhaps, but I do know that blueprints can be stolen.

If that occurs then you may be forced to have a real estate sort of business going on.

You should get an answer in FAQ

You can edit posts. You do know that, right?

There appears to some misconception here, blueprints are completely separate from already built constructs (which includes buildings and ships). As such permissions on blueprints itself have little to do with the permissions on the construct.

Blueprints are a way of recreating a construct easily by feeding it into a some kind of factory element. So a blueprint copy could be hired out to a ship creator so that they can mass produce a ship, for example. But that new construct is owned by the factory, not the original blueprint owner.

What OP is using in their example is RDMS to hire out a construct. It has been indicated that this can be done. Specifically allowing use of a construct for a set amount of time in exchange for some Quanta.

So the question becomes "Should RDMS allow for giving permissions only for a specified timeframe?" Like the ship builder only gets to print out ships until next week using that blueprint, or the rent ownership expires after 2 months. I believe the answer is yes.

There appears to some misconception here, blueprints are completely separate from already built constructs (which includes buildings and ships). As such permissions on blueprints itself have little to do with the permissions on the construct.

Blueprints are a way of recreating a construct easily by feeding it into a some kind of factory element. So a blueprint copy could be hired out to a ship creator so that they can mass produce a ship, for example. But that new construct is owned by the factory, not the original blueprint owner.

What OP is using in their example is RDMS to hire out a construct. It has been indicated that this can be done. Specifically allowing use of a construct for a set amount of time in exchange for some Quanta.

So the question becomes "Should RDMS allow for giving permissions only for a specified timeframe?" Like the ship builder only gets to print out ships until next week using that blueprint, or the rent ownership expires after 2 months. I believe the answer is yes.

I remember reading somwehre, or hearing in an interview that the normal blueprints will be rent controlled by a set number of uses, whereas the master blueprint will have limitless uses, I might be wrong though so dont take this as gospel.

I remember reading somwehre, or hearing in an interview that the normal blueprints will be rent controlled by a set number of uses, whereas the master blueprint will have limitless uses, I might be wrong though so dont take this as gospel.

This is correct. The master blueprint has limitless uses, and by default is not a physical object (can't be dropped, destroyed, or stolen).

However the object you are thinking of there is a blueprint Copy. Copies will be physical objects that can be sold and by default will have a limited number of uses. No concrete info yet if they can be dropped, destroyed, or stolen yet. 

However the object you are thinking of there is a blueprint Copy. Copies will be physical objects that can be sold and by default will have a limited number of uses. No concrete info yet if they can be dropped, destroyed, or stolen yet.

So, repairing an already-built construct won't count against blueprint uses, right? That info is stored in the core unit, so as long as the core is undamaged, you should be able to repair the rest of the construct without using one of your "rented" blueprints?