Will Alpha Use DAC's?

Foxtrot

Hello,

So one thing i've been wondering about, is if you buy Gold Tier, or higher. Will it take DAC's for playing the Alpha?

Or would you just get to play it for, as long as the Alpha's out. Any answers are appreciated! Have A great day.

Sincerely yours,

Prometheus

Honestly I feel like the game wont ever require DACs to play as it will probably end up being buy to play. 

The game is Subscription based. It's free to download and try its Limtied Trial, but you need Subscription to have access to the meat of the game or advanced skillsets.

Honestly I feel like the game wont ever require DACs to play as it will probably end up being buy to play.

Nope, buy2play will not be enough to pay for the servers. And offline skill training. And a persistent world.

Read the big thread about DACs and you'll see that NQ will use pay2play as model plus DACs

This is possible but way down the road and not by everyone. For anyone not buying DACs but buying the final game, they will need to pay for subscriptions based. All backers have DAC but only a limited amount (except the lifetime subscription backings). It is true, like in EVE, that later down the road DACs can be purchased from other players on the in game market, but at the start and for a while, subscriptions and purchased DACs will be the way to play.

This is possible but way down the road and not by everyone. For anyone not buying DACs but buying the final game, they will need to pay for subscriptions based. All backers have DAC but only a limited amount (except the lifetime subscription backings). It is true, like in EVE, that later down the road DACs can be purchased from other players on the in game market, but at the start and for a while, subscriptions and purchased DACs will be the way to play.

That depends. If people loike the game and want to get access to higher skilsl, they'll ask for DACs at launch. And given the market wil lbe on an influx at first, I bet the DAc prices won't be on "safe" grounds till the market bots finish with fuelling the in-game market with money. So, it's up to NQ at which rate they will inject money into the game by figuring out prices for entry level minerals.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 100% positive they have stated that both alpha and beta will not require a subscription, as it will only be available to the backers of the game at that point in time anyway. Once the game is fully released, that would be when subs / DACs kick in. Don't remember where I've read it, but was either kickstarter Q&A or Q&A on here, or one of their devblogs.