How loseing items when you die works.

FD3242

If I understood correctly when you die you lose random items in your inventory.

In lore this is because the res node can not guarantee where your copy is grabbed from has all the same stuff.

So I thought maybe instead of making it completely random they should make it so that rare items have a higher chance of dropping.

This would make sense in lore because there would be a lower chance of a copy having found those items.

If there is any problem with this idea please say below. 

EDIT: DAMMIT I MISSPELLED LOSING.

Well kudos to you for actually understanding the lore and making a suggestion based off of it! Lots of people make suggestions that make no sense from a lore point of view, which NQ obviously cares a good bit about.

As for the suggestion, gotta say I'm not a fan of it. I'm all for losing items as a penalty for death, but heck if I advocate that my rarest items take top priority in being lost.

It's very logical. It makes perfect sense. But when you work super hard or pay a bunch of money for some ultra high grade material, and then on your way back home you get get attacked and killed by some territorial 12 year olds who's asteroid belt you inadvertently flew through, you'll look back and say, man that was a bad idea to give to NQ.

Well kudos to you for actually understanding the lore and making a suggestion based off of it! Lots of people make suggestions that make no sense from a lore point of view, which NQ obviously cares a good bit about.

As for the suggestion, gotta say I'm not a fan of it. I'm all for losing items as a penalty for death, but heck if I advocate that my rarest items take top priority in being lost.

It's very logical. It makes perfect sense. But when you work super hard or pay a bunch of money for some ultra high grade material, and then on your way back home you get get attacked and killed by some territorial 12 year olds who's asteroid belt you inadvertently flew through, you'll look back and say, man that was a bad idea to give to NQ.

Thank you.

You are right though guess it was a bad idea.

Is it just me or is every idea thrown into this sub forum bad?

Hey man no offense intended! Some ideas put into this sub are indeed bad. But many are bad because people put no thought into them. However I remember none of the original posters in particular. And I am actually complimenting your idea because it is a logical and intelligent idea, and shows that you actually understand the lore and it's connections to the game enough to make such a suggestion.

I refer to it is bad merely because when a player has items that are rare, they are not going to want to lose them. For a game, it is a bad idea yes, becauae it would make things less fun I feel, but that has nothing to do with the quality of the idea in and of itself.

Please keep posting ideas!

No, not every idea is bad.

Its just that as with any creative process it takes a lot of bad ideas to find and identify a good idea. And to make it even more complicated a good idea might turn out to be a bad idea in the end. :P

For example in the dark ages of MMO's after each fight or pull people had to sit down to replenish HP or Mana. This was called downtime, over the years downtime was all but eliminated but a side effect of it was that groups of strangers no longer talked together, it was all business. Leading to a situation that helped making MMO's less social. And people started making less friends and joining guilds became more of a necessity to playing.

As for your thread idea, I would prefer it to be completely random. Its true that some ores will be more precious but there wont be "epic" items as far as I know. But that is just preference because I cant really think of a good reason not to do it your way. Someone else might have a reason for or against that I can relate to.

Hey man no offense intended! Some ideas put into this sub are indeed bad. But many are bad because people put no thought into them. However I remember none of the original posters in particular. And I am actually complimenting your idea because it is a logical and intelligent idea, and shows that you actually understand the lore and it's connections to the game enough to make such a suggestion.

I refer to it is bad merely because when a player has items that are rare, they are not going to want to lose them. For a game, it is a bad idea yes, becauae it would make things less fun I feel, but that has nothing to do with the quality of the idea in and of itself.

Please keep posting ideas!

No offense was taken. I understood what you where saying.

Again thanks.

When I said "Is it just me or is every idea thrown into this sub forum bad?."

I was referring to how rare it is that we get a idea that hold up for more then a few posts.

I was referring to how rare it is that we get a idea that hold up for more then a few posts.

Perhaps thats because not everyone participates all the time. And at some point threads die because everything has been said and there is no new information to evolve the idea.

I think its a good thing this forum doesnt go around in circles too much. But that just me perhaps. :)

Perhaps thats because not everyone participates all the time. And at some point threads die because everything has been said and there is no new information to evolve the idea.

I think its a good thing this forum doesnt go around in circles too much. But that just me perhaps. :)

I mean somebody brings up something that destroys the idea.

I mean somebody brings up something that destroys the idea.

Ah, this being a forum I can only interpret what is written.

If it makes a difference I do feel your idea sticks to the lore. And that is rare and refreshing. :) Lets see how other people feel about it.

Ah, this being a forum I can only interpret what is written.

If it makes a difference I do feel your idea sticks to the lore. And that is rare and refreshing. :) Lets see how other people feel about it.

Ok. :)

Edit:

I am kinda off the idea from what ATMLVE said.

But we will see maybe something somebody else will say will change that.

to be honest I think you should loose everything in your inventory when you die

Why?

I think losing some items but not all is a good way to tone down the fear of dying without getting rid of it completely.

This being a pvp game at its core you should not be afraid to die.

the risk of pvp would not really be there if you didn't loose your stuff when you died. if you just loose a few items if you die who cares... its insignificant. you might have to buy make a few things that you probably already have on hand. if you loose it all then you have to be more strategic in fights, and if you do die you have to spend time reacquiring what you had in order to get back to fighting.

my opinion is that there is no real risk to pvp unless you loose it all.

my opinion is that there is no real risk to pvp unless you loose it all.

Well...thats not how it is going to work, for now.

Not to offend but perhaps you are too focused on the loot from a kill? How about the value of the possible construct? Or perhaps the chance to send that player all the way back to the arkship, securing a strategic victory.

But we are all entitled to our own opinion. I dont think PvP is "meaningless" if it doesnt come with crushing defeat.

Remember its just a game, in the end its all pretty "meaningless".

I just thought of a point for my idea in this thread.

If they make it random people would just fill there inventory with junk when going into combat. If there is more stuff in there inventory there is a lower chance of them losing valuable stuff.

This would definitely be abused.

Just for arguments sake when a warrior prepares for war he/she wouldnt go out with a full inventory. I wouldnt...

No he/she would go out with a bunch of gear. Which is still worth something.

But gear is equipment not inventory. That wont drop right.

Or am I missing/misunderstanding something?

I don't know, I just assumed equipment counts as inventory like in minecraft.

I don't know, I just assumed equipment counts as inventory like in minecraft.

Ah perhaps.

I've played games where it did and didnt drop as part of inventory. I forgot about that in my previous post.:)

Hmmmmm....*twirls moustache*

I think it should be completely random. Because, as ATM said, people want to keep their expensive stuff and if you take that away every time (or the other way round and it never drops) it feels.....meh. just randomize the process.

And I do think that gear counts there too. As should implants (those should be destroyed, not dropped - if implemented)

Implants. We need to have some differences from Eve. Anybody else remember proper implant twinking from anarchy online?

I agree but you know, lore wise with the skill downloading stuff it just makes sense ;)