What are some of the "Odd" planned features you are looking forward to?

Caprikel

So basically what are some somewhat obscure or rarely mentioned features that Novaquark has mentioned that they will or may be adding that you are especially excited for?

For example, I'm very intrigued by the idea mentioned by J.C. for "low-tech" planets where he mentioned that a planet could be limited to something like medieval technology. I can't remember which interview this was from, but I think it would be very interesting to visit a planet where people role-play a medieval society with castles and feudalism.  I think it would add quite a bit of variety and role-playing opportunities to the game that would be fun to try out.

So what Odd features are you looking forward to?

Hey Caprikel, nice thread idea but (and I hate to do this) JC was talking about decorative elements in that context.

He would like to introduce some primitive looking decorative elements at some point if people wanted to see that in the game.

The actual mechanics and available tech would stay the same.

sorry. :blush:

It could still be entirely enforced by players somehow.  It's what makes these games so great.

Of course.

Just clearing up some confusion  to keep the information on the forum correct. 

We don't want people to expect things that were never said or promised. :)

I do, though, really truly hope for a way to store books.

"AETHERIO'S LIBRARY? YES PLEASE!"

And perhaps landing on a gas giant and living on it, as on my Seru Star System discussion that has been abandoned.

Well the thing is, your ship would be ripped to pieces before you ever got to the surface of a gas giant

I do, though, really truly hope for a way to store books.

"AETHERIO'S LIBRARY? YES PLEASE!"

Me too!

I would love to land in some dusty town following the rumour of a book that holds some strange but interesting knowledge or tale.

Although maybe not odd I am looking forward to the day when NQ knows how to do weather. I love violent weather in MMO's. It adds to my immersion. Oh and particle effects like dust kicking up in the desert. Not essential but a lot of fun.

I dont know if its an "odd" feauture, but what I really look forward to is having several players working together to maneuver a single ship :P

I mean, I am not that caught up with all the games today, but as far as I know there is no other game where you do that?

but as far as I know there is no other game where you do that?

I think Star Citizen is the only one who's trying to do anything similar to DU.

There are a few browser/text based games who emulate it. And a long time ago the original developers for the Trek MMO were attempting to do it as well.

So yes, pretty unique. ;)

There's not really many or any at all *odd* features in Steak Universe but I've that I'm most excited to dive into is the complexity of the RDMS ...

Best permission system I've seen to date even at it's concept level...

:fingers crossed: it'll be pulled off and work great :)

There's not really many or any at all *odd* features in Steak Universe but I've that I'm most excited to dive into is the complexity of the RDMS ...

Best permission system I've seen to date even at it's concept level...

:fingers crossed: it'll be pulled off and work great :)

mhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm Steak *drool*

ps: same with DU :)

I love the idea of being a damage control crew on a large spaceship in the middle of a battle. Having to repair critical systems under fire and scrambling not to get blown away in the carnage just sounds amazing.

Not to mention being a captain in that situation. I'm really hoping that large ships are impossible for a single person to control effectively, because that would be so much cooler. I'm dying for a space game that requires specialization and defined roles like you would need in a real navy on an actual space ship.

I love the idea of being a damage control crew on a large spaceship in the middle of a battle. Having to repair critical systems under fire and scrambling not to get blown away in the carnage just sounds amazing.

Not to mention being a captain in that situation. I'm really hoping that large ships are impossible for a single person to control effectively, because that would be so much cooler. I'm dying for a space game that requires specialization and defined roles like you would need in a real navy on an actual space ship.

If you wont to get that felling try Guns of Icarus Online.