Help cleanup the Wikipedia article

yamamushi

I've done a lot of work on the games gamepedia wiki, but there aren't any policies for that... I can read over it and see what I can do. A problem with a lot of the gamepedia pages was that lazy people just copy and pasted stuff that JC said and put it into the page, so the formatting was quite inappropriate for a wiki entry. Maybe that's the issue here, maybe not, I'll have to read it.

Question: When I sign up is my IP adress still open for viewing? Can I use my VPN to remain "anonymous"? Or after signing up my edits are tied to a username?

(I know this might be a strange question)

I started cleaning it up a couple months ago because it had incorrect alpha release date, game mode, and missing sources. Still a bit to clean up.

One of the original editors of the article was banned, which is why someone put that warning stub on it. As long as the information is correct I think it can be removed. Would help if some things were re-worded and sourced.

"

It needs more references from professional international sources, I think. I took a look at the current ones. They are all from gaming websites or straight from the Dual Universe blog. In other words, it's content straight from the creators of the game and their fan boys in Wikipedia's eyes. If we could get verified news from online and hardcopy magazines, verified critics and sites that have little to no association with MMO's it could go a long way. Some of the sentences need to be restructured too. It will take a while, but I'll get into it as soon as I can. 

Cheers.

"

"

It needs more references from professional international sources, I think. I took a look at the current ones. They are all from gaming websites or straight from the Dual Universe blog. In other words, it's content straight from the creators of the game and their fan boys in Wikipedia's eyes. If we could get verified news from online and hardcopy magazines, verified critics and sites that have little to no association with MMO's it could go a long way. Some of the sentences need to be restructured too. It will take a while, but I'll get into it as soon as I can. 

Cheers.

"

I don't think there is anything wrong with the references, if you look at other gaming wiki articles it is the same thing. And in pre-alpha the creators are really the only source of accurate info.

I think the Wikipage might have been created a bit too early. Since the game's still in pre-alpha we don't (as I've understood it, at this point in time I haven't done any personal research on the subject) have enough external credible sources to fulfil Wikipedia's current terms of use (which aspire to a certain level of neutrality). As it stands it's more of "s/he said this and this, and claims that this will be in the game and/or will work this way" than actual facts, which is what I believe Wikipedia is taking issue with. 

When we have more tangible sources I don't think this will be a problem. I wouldn't mind helping out but quite frankly I don't know enough about games and their mechanics to feel comfortable taking on the responsibility, but I'm more than happy to help with proofreading. 

I think the Wikipage might have been created a bit too early. Since the game's still in pre-alpha we don't (as I've understood it, at this point in time I haven't done any personal research on the subject) have enough external credible sources to fulfil Wikipedia's current terms of use (which aspire to a certain level of neutrality). As it stands it's more of "s/he said this and this, and claims that this will be in the game and/or will work this way" than actual facts, which is what I believe Wikipedia is taking issue with. 

When we have more tangible sources I don't think this will be a problem. I wouldn't mind helping out but quite frankly I don't know enough about games and their mechanics to feel comfortable taking on the responsibility, but I'm more than happy to help with proofreading. 

Wikipedia flagged the article because the original creator was banned for being caught selling edits for money. There's no proof that this particular article was written for money, but that's the reason it was flagged. 

Wikipedia flagged the article because the original creator was banned for being caught selling edits for money. There's no proof that this particular article was written for money, but that's the reason it was flagged. 

Ah, I see. I've never edited a Wikipage before, but are you aware of a way this can be easily fixed? The text itself seem alright.