Is it going to be free?

Even though I probably wont be able to get this game, I want to know Is Dual Universe going to be free? I know a lot of other people would be wondering this and if it does cost, how much will it cost? I would love to get this game and if I end up being able to get it I would want to know how much it would cost. This is going to be useful to a lot of other people too.

It is going to be subscription based somewhere between 15-19 euro a month, there you go.

Actually it's more like 10-13€ for a sub and around 18€ for a DAC.

Yes DU is a subsription game, you have to pay per month in order to play

No they won't change that

Yes you CAN play for free (with DAC - like EVEs PLEX). Earn enough ingame money, find someone who sells DACs for ingame money, buy DAC with ingame money, use DAC and play 1 month. Next month: rinse and repeat

Actually it's more like 10-13€ for a sub and around 18€ for a DAC.

Yes DU is a subsription game, you have to pay per month in order to play

No they won't change that

Yes you CAN play for free (with DAC - like EVEs PLEX). Earn enough ingame money, find someone who sells DACs for ingame money, buy DAC with ingame money, use DAC and play 1 month. Next month: rinse and repeat

Not far off then but good correction.

To add; The Dual Universe game wont cost any money. After a to be determined trial period you will have to subscribe. Either with money or a DAC.

Expansions will also be free.

Well, if the Devs add a Limited Access trial account system - like EVE's alpha clones - where you get access to entry level skills tied to your starting "race" / archetypes (combat, industrial, science, building) , that would make the game a better pitch. In EVE, you are tied to your own faction's ships, with your own faction's niche skills as of access (Caldari Trial accounts have only access to missile and rasilgun training for combat, they can only get their own hauler ships, etcetera), but if you want to learn other things and branch out of your current character withotu rolling a new one, you have to be a subscriber, if you don't pay subscription after you trained a skill, you just won't be able to benefit from "Omega Level" skills, you don't lose them.

And there are many people who simply play Cladari and have a Tier-1 Cruiser *the maximum ship they can unlock) and fly it in fleets with and go to wars. How do they make money to buy new ships? That's up to the politics of each coalition / alliance / corporation. Some do mine, others pay for scouting for freighters, there are many ways to make money in EVE, without directly having  to do traditional jobs, and DU will have so much more than EVE, on the very principle of "no automation".

So, you could start the game on a miner character, go mine with some other people, ala whale-hunters in space, only the whale is a giant rock in space you gotta hollow out, and you are paid depending on how much ore you bring back to the ship's captain's containers.  You earn enough cash after you learn the game and figure out what you wanna do and then go buy DACs, train up for two or 3 months (or however many DACs you got), train up to the skills you wanted to get to and you can then chill out without And that's for mining. If Armchair-Potato-Generals in DU are like EVE, they will simply cause slugfests to occur, where even the last troop may actually count, which means, Trial Account players get in the game, they are drafted in a military, they are told what skilsl to train for to be a part of the army (that provides the armors and weaposn and ammunition) and all the trial player has to do is go to war - and you know, if they can loot stuff from enemies on the field, you know what they say, finders keepers, gear which they can RESELL in the market.

And yes, pillagers exist, even in EVE (shocking, space capitalism simulator with players acting like carrion birds after a big battle?)

This is ridiculous. Does no one read the the Kickstarter or any basic info on the game anymore.....

Well to be fair new people do not know where to look, but at the same time they dont even try to find it sometimes.

This is ridiculous. Does no one read the the Kickstarter or any basic info on the game anymore.....

It's a preresequite at this point in these forums. "Get into a discussion with ignorance, ask something already answered a million times, do a backflip out of it".

Well to be fair new people do not know where to look, but at the same time they dont even try to find it sometimes.

If I were new, I would try to find info on the game before I joined the forums, but thats just me.

It's a preresequite at this point in these forums. "Get into a discussion with ignorance, ask something already answered a million times, do a backflip out of it".

Feels like we run in circles

You know guys its just the way it is. We have the most powerful knowledge aggregator/collection tool in the world but are too lazy to use it? *grmbl*

While nobody is looking forward to the "DU needs to be f2p or it will fail" threads and ones like them. We should either tolerate or ignore them, in my opinion.

I just hope we wont drown in all the noise.

You know guys its just the way it is. We have the most powerful knowledge aggregator/collection tool in the world but are too lazy to use it? *grmbl*

While nobody is looking forward to the "DU needs to be f2p or it will fail" threads and ones like them. We should either tolerate or ignore them, in my opinion.

I just hope we wont drown in all the noise.

At least it's been a few weeks since the last one. I remember when there were like three in a row :P 

Somewhat interesting.

It can be somewhat free, if you are able to be a business tycoon and be able to afford DACs, but otherwise it is a pay to play. 

Not really. In EVE you can buy a PLEX (the thing that inspired DACs) by simply mining for an hour each day with the entry level minig ship.

How can miners guarantee income? That's up to each coalition's policy and Buyback programs AKA, player driven "quests" or contracts, where a person wtih a lot of money, can buy minerals of X type at a 90% the price of the whole servers' main trading hub (or the golden standard as many refer to it). That means as a miner, you can go mine, and immediately find someone to sell your ore to and go out and mine againm without bothering with hauling and the fuel plus risk involved in it.

And that doesn't even cover things like being paid for participating in combat, that many player corporations do, to encourage actively participating in PvP. It's not even unheard of corporations to hold up events with a maximum payout jackpot quota exceeding the price of a PLEX (DAC) in EVE - and those competitions go for a WEEKEND, every weekend.. Yeah, one weekend of non-stop mayhem can earn you a PLEX in EVE, for simply being in combat a lot.

And "combat" is not even a quite accurate term, cause you are not rewarded for dealign the killign blow, but for participating on a kill. As you may guessed it, healers or support classes, are the ones who usually win those competitions (or some really lucky stealth bombers).

Besdies that, races are always a good way to make money (especially if you can "take a fall"). 

You gotta stop thinking one-dimensionally on this. Megalomania is punished brutally in EVE, and so will be in DU.

Not really. In EVE you can buy a PLEX (the thing that inspired DACs) by simply mining for an hour each day with the entry level minig ship.

Lol what game are you playing? 

In a venture, you'd get maybe 4 or so million isk per hour.  At an hour a day that is only 120 million isk per month and PLEX sell for 1.1 to 1.2 billion isk.

Even at 5 hours a day you'd only be halfway there.

Lol what game are you playing? 

In a venture, you'd get maybe 4 or so million isk per hour.  At an hour a day that is only 120 million isk per month and PLEX sell for 1.1 to 1.2 billion isk.

Even at 5 hours a day you'd only be halfway there.

Gas-mining is allowed on Alphas ;)

And let's face it, they take everyone they can drag into null-sec these days :P