hardware you need to craft

El_Nadie

Looking for some information about what we will need to build or craft our things I found this info from a year old post:

In Dual Universe, there are three creative activities by default:

Building: Manipaluting and using voxels of raw materials to create the shell of a construct, be it a spaceship hull or walls and roof for a house, outpost or base. Building will necessitate to have at least one Core Unit, an Element necessary to generate a Building zone where you will be able to build a Construct. 
Crafting: Refining raw resources, using refined resources to make components, using components to make Elements for Constructs or Gear worn by players. Crafting will necessitate to have several Elements related to Crafting: one to refine raw resources, one to create components (3D Printer Unit) and one to assemble components to create an Element or a Construct (Assembly Unit).
Manufacturing/Mass Production: When a player will have finalized a Construct (with all the voxels and Elements necessary), he will be able to make a Blueprint of it. He will then be able to use this blueprint with a Factory Unit. With the appropriate number of Elements and quantity of raw matter for the voxels, he will be able to replicate the construct.

But I have some questions:

- Those units, like the one to refine, the 3D printer or the assembly unit; are they items at our inventary or we need to have them like a workbench in order to use them?

-Are they mobile or they are building using something like a Static Core Unit?

- And the last, they suffer from use? they need to be repaired or have maintenance?

I don't know if they already answer this, but i can't find answers to that.

Thanks!

Looking for some information about what we will need to build or craft our things I found this info from a year old post:

But I have some questions:

- Those units, like the one to refine, the 3D printer or the assembly unit; are they items at our inventary or we need to have them like a workbench in order to use them?

-Are they mobile or they are building using something like a Static Core Unit?

- And the last, they suffer from use? they need to be repaired or have maintenance?

I don't know if they already answer this, but i can't find answers to that.

Thanks!

The first printer you have is your multitool. As jc said at gdc it would suck to build a printer without a basic tool to even build it. And I assume (!!!) That those next refineries, printers and so on are stationary. Maybe we get some mobile ones with less capacity too. You'd need a static core unit for them to work (a base) and provide the materials. And afaik they don't need repairs (but maybe will need maintenance in the future), they only run with energy.

Those units are elements, aka predefined blocks. They're static, but at the same time i guess you can place them on a grid that can move (like a ship). They will probably not require any mantainance, but of course energy and materials to work. Example of a factory unit and a foundry:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dual-universe/images/0/08/Dual_Universe_industrial_unit_foundry.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20161020200150

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/thumb/d/d7/Factory.jpg/800px-Factory.jpg?version=1e88b1a01ee3bacfaad6638d2f2bc176

- Building: Manipaluting and using voxels of raw materials to create the shell of a construct, be it a spaceship hull or walls and roof for a house, outpost or base. Building will necessitate to have at least one Core Unit, an Element necessary to generate a Building zone where you will be able to build a Construct.

- Crafting: Refining raw resources, using refined resources to make components, using components to make Elements for Constructs or Gear worn by players. Crafting will necessitate to have several Elements related to Crafting: one to refine raw resources, one to create components (3D Printer Unit) and one to assemble components to create an Element or a Construct (Assembly Unit).

- Manufacturing/Mass Production: When a player will have finalized a Construct (with all the voxels and Elements necessary), he will be able to make a Blueprint of it. He will then be able to use this blueprint with a Factory Unit. With the appropriate number of Elements and quantity of raw matter for the voxels, he will be able to replicate the construct.

I find the paradox of this extremely funny :P

Would you not need to complete the second step, to be able to start the second step? Maybe there is something on the ark for this?

Is there someting I am missing?

I find the paradox of this extremely funny :P

Would you not need to complete the second step, to be able to start the second step? Maybe there is something on the ark for this?

Is there someting I am missing?

As I wrote: the first printer you have is the multitool, you can build better ones from there