Just want a assistent

Melich

*Friend of Villspor here^^* Yup i got the idea of Drones ay well but sadly i cant programm. But thanks to you i can now buy/Pre order these drones! Count me in!

Before buying/pre-ordering, we will have to see how they implement the coding and what we can control when it comes to drones

Beyond lore if you replace a human by a robot you diminish the game experience. As an example, many moons ago you couldnt get anything done in MMO's without other players. It made the games slower, more diffficult at times but it felt rewarding to finally find a group and progress. Sometimes you even made a friend. You developed an entire network of relations that would enrich your experience in the game.

Connecting with people, living a virtual life in a virtual world. The less player interaction is required the more you drift away from that dream.

I could go on forever on this topic but the essence is; A robot in DU should never replace a human.

Only because robots happen to be prevalent in sci-fi, doesn't mean it's a good idea to let players program some without restrictions. Let them do minor tasks, only small and limited things, but let players do the heavy lifting. Otherwise DU will be boring as hell.

Totally agree with you guys,

i think you don't got my point. I'd like to program smart pets robots or small drones, to act as pets or helpers for the players.

Never replace the players, i also like to make friends on MMOs. That's why i've played so much titles for so long.

I want do program small tasks robots, to act as a tool, making you more productive, your efforts more efficient, than you will have more time for the fun with friends

I'd like a bot to float at your side and help you and/or your friends to mine, not to auto mine while you are out.

I'd like to have a stardroid R2 to help me with my ships tasks, fully control it for me

I'd like to have a Pet that does a lot of tricks to entertain my friends and attract some ppl to me while i'm at cities or stations.

what i want is a piece of technology, like your cell phone i can say, it helps you with many tasks, but also bring you close to your friends.

Also, I love to program automation, droids, drones, followers, etc...

That's my play style! i have fun on creating things, and MMORPGs.

I'd love to automate my factory like a real production line, like i did on mine craft server i played last year.

than i can make my ships parts while i'm out exploring with my friends.

^.^

*Friend of Villspor here^^* Yup i got the idea of Drones ay well but sadly i cant programm. But thanks to you i can now buy/Pre order these drones! Count me in!

If can be done, I will do it ! and you can order one !!!

Never replace the players,

what i want is a piece of technology, like your cell phone i can say, it helps you with many tasks, but also bring you close to your friends.

I'd love to automate my factory like a real production line, like i did on mine craft server i played last year.

Ah but thats the trick right.

You say you never want to replace the player and you compare it to a cell phone. That is an OK comparison but do realise that the evolution of the phone today has replaced human labour (switch boards etc.) by computers. And while a cell phone creates the illusion of being connected to the world in reality it has removed very real social interactions over time.

The software you would write to automate your factory would replace a human. Once again a robot would displace a human task.

Even more so in your R2D2 example.

I admit that some menial, tedious tasks are perhaps better suited for robots but I would be careful about it.

R2D2 is not just a service droid its Han's wingman in many events.

Going from your post it does sound as if what you are asking for would replace humans.

I'd like to have a stardroid R2 to help me with my ships tasks, fully control it for me

I'd like to have a Pet that does a lot of tricks to entertain my friends and attract some ppl to me while i'm at cities or stations.

Also, I love to program automation, droids, drones, followers, etc...

That's my play style! i have fun on creating things, and MMORPGs.

That's the problem with your arguments. Right there.

A robot should NEVER automate a ship. That's against gameplay for players.

A robot should NEVER automate a factory. That's against gameplay for players.

It's a MMO. If you want to pilot a big ship with loads of guns you have to take players with you. Not a robot.

If you want to mass produce elements you have to have a large player base to help you gather the resources, refine them, feed the printer, build the elements/ships

I have been reading threw this post many times now and my wish for a cute robot assistent seems a bit more problematic than I thought. Some of the bigger ones are:

*How can we have ai with allot of freedom without pushing people aside that can't program.

*How do we make sure that humans still have a advantage over the ai created. In a way that it easier, more effektive or more profitable to hire a company.

One solution to both these it simply to never give player the power to program ai. But I have a feeling or atleast a hope that there are more solutions. Any ideas?