Is there a confirmed currency name/should we create one until then?

Evil_Porcupine

How about something like this? Any of them can be altered or changed. Just took a couple fancy Qs with the top money symbol designs.

http://imgur.com/BqgDovY

I like #2, (Counting from the left,) it is simple yet attractive.

Without the parallel lines, though, #4, #6, and #7 would look pretty cool too!

With the lines, I think they would look cluttered when reduced to a tiny symbol, which is how they would be displayed in-game.

I think I'll stop the discussion. The actual name for the currency is called Universal Unit or U2.

"According to the GDC stream and as Halo pointed out, the currency is called Quanta (plural for Quantum if the rumours are true). Except there has been an update since then. "

Thanks! Now I am curious though, where it was that people saw the currency called "Quanta".

Perhaps NQ changed the name in a recent update?

No offense to either party, I just want to be sure we are referencing the most current material.

Now, for what the U2 symbol would look like......

Thanks! Now I am curious though, where it was that people saw the currency called "Quanta".

Perhaps NQ changed the name in a recent update?

No offense to either party, I just want to be sure we are referencing the most current material.

Now, for what the U2 symbol would look like......

At the GDC event, when JC showed a tech demo of the game to a small group of fans. Someone asked what the currency would be and he said it would be 'Quanta'.

Make it the greek symbol Psi (used essentially to denote quanta in real life - I know - not exact but close enough).

Maybe it's like an open at the top O drawn counter clockwise with the top right then dropping down straight through. I'll edit later and show examples as I'm on my phone atm.)

Are Quanta's bound to your character account or are they physical in-game currency that need to be locked up tightly? Makes a tremendous difference if you need to transfer funds to someone far away or offline.

I believe it will be bound to your character. I also think I saw someone mention you will be able to wire money.

I believe it will be bound to your character. I also think I saw someone mention you will be able to wire money.

It will be bound to your character and you can make transactions to transfer money from one account to another