New Financial Institute

Greetings fellow Arkmates!

Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Robert Brightstar and I am planning to run a financial organization.  I know most of you are skeptical about financial institutes, however, I only ask to be given an opportunity to prove myself.  There is still much work to be developed on DU's side so until such time I will be closed.  Once the game officially begins I will indicate when I'm open for business. Regarding my business information please see below.

============================================================================================================

BRIGHTSTAR UNIVERSAL BANK (BUB)

ABOUT

Financial Security, this is the commitment behind Brightstar Universal Bank (BUB).  This institute is here to help you with your financial situation.  Whether you need a small loan for basic essentials, a large loan for a major venture, or even want to start a savings program to earn some extra income, I am here to help.  For a list of available loan types, saving rates or other transactions, please contact me [or use a BUB Terminal near you - if possible].

This BUB will not open immediately until it has established itself in a safe and secure area and is ready for business.

DESCRIPTION

I have created this institute in order to provide some assistance with your financial limitations.  This one man institute means no one else is involved or informed of your finances, nor will anyone ever have access to your funds.  I will always take precautionary measures involving transaction requests.  I consider myself a trustworthy individual but that is for you to determine. 

OFFICE LOCATIONS

Depending on what economic mechanics DU installs in the game, you can contact me personnally during my business hours (or use a BUB terminal - to be determined) to request a financial transaction.  As people expand out and explore and your dreams grow,  I hope to help provide some financial assistance to make those dreams come true.

TRANSACTIONS

Until DU's economic mechanics is released I'm not sure how this will be handled yet.  I'm hoping some type of electronic means is created (such as ingame email like EVE has) in order track and maintain records.

DEFUNCT LOANS

For those individuals who do not pay this BUB back (after reasonable attempts have been made), a separate organization will be hired to handle "collection dues".  Trust me when I say, it will be cheaper to just pay back this BUBs loan.

FEES AND RATES

To be determined later.

Thank you for your time and interest.   :)

I will be interested on financial lines for my company costumers.
for those  who needs to purchase a space ship and cant afford to pay on sight.

Other stuff we can talk about are leasing lines where the my company can sell ships with lower price for the bank 
and your bank can rent those ships for those who already have enough money in to guarantee its payment is he stops to pay the rental flee.

there will be a lot of possibilities to be explored later

see yah

I wish you the best of luck.

I do have some questions,

-How will you establish trust? How do we know you wont be running a Ponzi scheme?

-How would you hope to raise capital so you have money to lend?

-If the economy takes a dive, what is your plan to deal with a bank run?

It would be pretty impressive to see you succeed. :)

Indeed it would be interesting to know if you are involved yourself in financial aspects in real life, might just give you some credibility there and I think Falstaf has asked some quite good questions here my major question would be how would you establish trust and show yourself to be an organisation worth following.

How would you deal in situations where a person takes a loan from you lets say after worming his way into your heart, proving his credibility and then funnels out your money into another accounts, though I don't believe a lot of people will do it but none the less, something to be noted I guess or will you be taking collateral on top of contract system on basis of which loan will be initiated.

Will you provide basic banking facilities like savings account, lockers and so on? 

What is your vision of this bank and how far do you see this going?

P.S I really like the idea, good luck with that :)

also, whenever I read BUB I remember Logan :P

It doesn't sound like a bad idea tbh. If it works out then that'd be nice, especially for smaller orgs! Some of us might need a loan to jumpstart our orgs so we don't get swallowed up by the bigger orgs. I could see people like pirates just taking a loan and never paying back or just outright try to rob you. That would suck :/

It doesn't sound like a bad idea tbh. If it works out then that'd be nice, especially for smaller orgs! Some of us might need a loan to jumpstart our orgs so we don't get swallowed up by the bigger orgs. I could see people like pirates just taking a loan and never paying back or just outright try to rob you. That would suck :/

That's why "The New Empire" exists. We care about everyone who's friendly :P

I agree with Lethys, you better prepare your bureaucratic systems for some advanced scam attempts.

Yeeup. On behalf of the Cinderfall Department of Finance, LozBank looks forward to getting scammed along with you.

I still don't think I would trust a bank or investment organisation. But it is still a cool idea, and maybe something that could become quite large.

I still don't think I would trust a bank or investment organisation. But it is still a cool idea, and maybe something that could become quite large.

Well I mean...

What happens if you get robbed?

Your ultra-secret stash gets found?

You don't know how to point a finger at. That is when you hire a Bounty Hunter to fuck the bank's day up if they fail.

I honestly believe DU will be like EVE in terms of money. If you die you keep the money, BUT I also believe DU is planning on implementing (ingame) physical currency and credit card type mechanics that you can steal.

This is a neat and yet, I wonder how it will all work, in-game anyway. It will be intriguing to see how many people use this service as it may become very vital or it may not. 

The idea is interesting, and I bid you good luck. 

First I want to thank you all for your well wishes.

I was about to answer each response individually but finally decided to just compact it into this one response.

First off, I don't work in a financial company but that doesn't mean I don't know how to handle finances.  As for trustworthiness, that's earned over time and by actions taken.  All I can say is that I will try to fulfill what I promise.  How will I accomplish that?  By making smart decisions, keeping thing safe and secure and not overextending my capabilities, and good recordkeeping.  Needless to say, we're not even in Alpha yet, so a lot of the game mechanics and economic structure is not set up or laid out yet, so I can't honestly say this is even possible at this time.  However, I am serious about giving it a try, which is why I just up'd my account to Gold status so I can learn as soon as possible and start laying out the foundation for this institute I'm attempting to create.

You have good questions and concerns about me attempting to run a financial institute.  For now everything is on standby until I see how it works, but be assured I will try to set up the most safe and secure institute possible in this game.  I also welcome any suggestions or opportunities you'd like to see.  As for pirates and scams and such....vigilance is the word for that.  This is a 3 person institute, me, I and myself  :D    No one is going to get to me because no one is allowed to join my bank...not my wife, not my mother...no one.  So it all falls on me.

Also, let me point out when the game starts I'm not going to be a Wells Fargo or Citibank or some other huge financial institute.  I'm going to be small to start and hopefully grow from there.  There won't be any quick deals or loans.  It's all going through a process that I will design to track and record everything.  It may take a while but then DU won't be out for awhile, so I got time.

So stay tuned, keep the questions and suggestions coming and we'll see how this all pans out.

Thank you all.  :)

Well put, lets see when will JC detail us more about the economics of the game other than the dev journals we already have for that. It could shed some light on the topic on if this process might be feasible. :)

It will be interesting to see how all of these financial groups turn out, and which ones succeed and which ones fail. It seems to me that many of the DU banks are striving to emulate real world banks and mirror their virtues, when in DU those same strengths might actually be weaknesses.

I wish you good luck with this project.

0d8878153f42311f1e5a017fbbb16c73.jpg

Nah but for real, good luck with your venture and keep a look out for the crafty scammers! If it all works out for you, that'll also mean a lot of work for us, mercenary orgs, so I wish you luck.