Guide to HTML & CSS for the ui

Shynras

In the last video JC said that we'll be able to customize our own widgets for constructs in HTML & CSS. If you want a quick, interactive (and fun?) way to learn at least the basics, i suggest you to try this: https://www.codecademy.com/ , it does have some well done tutorials, easy to understand even for someone with no experience. I'm not related to that website, i'm not even sure i can post it so feel free to remove this post if it's the case, but it has been helpful to me so i'll share that with you. 

There shouldnt be a problem with linking an outside source I think.

Now if you would start spamming links that are completely unrelated you might run into some problems. I really dislike those;" This is how my sister started earning 800 (currency) from home <link>"

Thank you for sharing the link, the more people that can do these things the better. :)

My question would be more along the line of "What CSS will DU support?".  Not all browsers support all CSS operations/features. Is CSS3 included?  Or is it simply too early to tell?

Indeed it would be interesting to know how much freedom we will have with HTML and CSS, also I want to know will everyone have to change UI personally i.e applying the files for each and every person to share the UI or will the files be attached to control unit like LUA scripts so that whoever is running the element on which HTML and CSS are applied are run locally on their system.

Indeed it would be interesting to know how much freedom we will have with HTML and CSS, also I want to know will everyone have to change UI personally i.e applying the files for each and every person to share the UI or will the files be attached to control unit like LUA scripts so that whoever is running the element on which HTML and CSS are applied are run locally on their system.

Just enough freedom, obviously (sorry couldn't resist)

Good link, thanks for sharing. I think for noobs on that field (like me) it doesn't really matter what kind of css/html there will be, as we can't even code a super easy routine. So that question would only be interesting for pros. Then again it doesn't really matter to them what kind of code DU will support because they just know the language anyway

Almost certainly yes, more likely you will have to pay though to get the good stuff

That's - most likely - against the TOS. You can't charge for RL money for in-game stuff, either in-game money, assets or a simpel thing like a U.I. It's like that in every MMO. 

I have a question about these custom UI's.

Is this the same as a moddable UI?

If so, would this mean someone makes one and the rest of us just download it?

Yeah. The way HTML works, is that it's a .txt file that can be shared even through the game's chat. In EVE, the UI is HTML (well it's .yaml, but it's practically the same). When I want to get an interface for any reason whatsoever, I ask a friend to share me his UI settings, the do, and I click on it, I get a message telling me "hey, you gonna install a new itnerface" and I click yes, and voila, new UI. You can even have up to 15 of them in your folder and cycle through them - the reason for doing so, is one that elludes me, but people do use multiple UI's interchangeably.

Interesting.

Im rather excited about this. LUA and programmable interfaces are what makes this game so promising, imho.

This will be what separates the men from the boys.

Oh Ok.

So its pretty much what you see in EVE or WoW to name 2 known examples.

I'm a default user myself but I know lots of people like custom UI's.

At most I'd pay a DAC for something that is out of this world.

Good luck to anyone who decides to put in their payment details on an unknown 3rd party website...

Thanks for the answers. :)

And just a gentle reminder from your local... me.

If you can make it in HTML and CSS, someone smart can probably work out all sorts of tricks they can play with your DOM/UI/CSS/HTML/script (and in game / within the ToS. Immersion.)

Before you all get too carried away :) Just saying.

As you were.