"We are a peaceful organisation. "

▬ >> Protect. Advance.Vanquish. Explore.

"Vanquish"... 'peaceful' ▬ Contradictory?

"

Hm....Have you ever toyed with a peaceful python, dear sir? Or perhaps, provoked the ire of a resting bear? It is more likely though, that you've annoyed a sleeping canine or irritated a beast of the wild. These animals would rather leave you alone, than go out of their way to seek your harm. Nevertheless, disturb their peace and you will scarce find yourself alive, let alone, at peace. We are much smarter than animals at the Aether and so are you. We have no interest in war, but that will not stop us from protecting each other and fighting for our allies. All that shines must grow, or it will find itself dimmed by the darkness. Should we, as a family and a team, fail to protect ourselves and those who put their trust in us, we are of all Families and Teams the most miserable. 

"

"

Hm....Have you ever toyed with a peaceful python, dear sir? Or perhaps, provoked the ire of a resting bear? It is more likely though, that you've annoyed a sleeping canine or irritated a beast of the wild. These animals would rather leave you alone, than go out of their way to seek your harm. Nevertheless, disturb their peace and you will scarce find yourself alive, let alone, at peace. We are much smarter than animals at the Aether and so are you. We have no interest in war, but that will not stop us from protecting each other and fighting for our allies. All that shines must grow, or it will find itself dimmed by the darkness. Should we, as a family and a team, fail to protect ourselves and those who put their trust in us, we are of all Families and Teams the most miserable. 

"

I will not argue no more. Vanquish is a term of violence. It means domination, force, kicking butts. Maybe avenge would be more appropriate.

I will not argue no more. Vanquish is a term of violence. It means domination, force, kicking butts. Maybe avenge would be more appropriate.

"I'm glad to hear that, however, as you were curious I'm not pleased to realise that you think of the word vanquish as a violent term.

For the sake of posterity allow me to post here the meaning of the word "vanquish":

(verb) come out better in a competition, race, or conflict.

If you'd rather not believe our words, then our actions and behaviour should well have convinced you by now. That said, we wish you the best."

Vanquish : verb  
vanquish
overcome, defeat, conquer, beat, vanquish, overpower

Okay, so it's the way you take it, you redefine every words in the dictionary for your motto.

Thanks btw.

Vanquish : verb

vanquish
overcome, defeat, conquer, beat, vanquish, overpower

Okay, so it's the way you take it, you redefine every words in the dictionary for your motto.

Thanks btw.

"

Sigh. For the sake of posterity, I used Advanced English Dictionary for the definition--that's the dictionary I have on my local storage. I don't know where you got yours from. We don't have plans to hire people to defend us. Our military is to protect--the first word in our motto, you might have missed it. 

If you have a complaint about the Aether or feel wronged in some way, let us know. We have no qualms with any organisation and hope to keep it that way for the foreseeable future. Have a good day.

"

The Aether is beyond the comprehension of us primitives that still linger about the world.

They've transcended beyond the mental capacity of most of us. To even be graced by their presence is above what we deserve.

"We are stunned, Neo and I am most flattered by the eloquent words I read. We are your humble members and scarcely deserve such honour. Our deepest thanks, to you and Cinderfall for having us.

You might want to change the "Humanist Technocracy", Neo. We have a surprise up our sleeves and we do hope you'll find it pleasing.

The first definition is "defeat thoroughly". I don't invent it it's google and Oxford dictionary. Microsoft's might be bugged (not the first time they make something flimsy).

"

I talked with Kytheum a while ago and he assured me that the Empire was not one to rush into trouble. These are words I would still want to believe. As for the definition "defeat thoroughly", you are well aware that not all defeats pertain to violence, yes?

There are many other ways one could be defeated and limiting it to violence is quite naive. Would you like us to be violent? We will not be--unless we are forced to and I will not apologise for going to extreme lengths to give peril and tribulation in more ways than one to those who harm the members of the Aether that I am responsible for. As long as you stay on your side of the spectrum, we'll freely welcome and trade with you. Being peaceful does not mean we will leave others to fend for our security. We have a multitude of allies and we all jointly work together to protect ourselves, yes, but we like going the extra mile at the Aether to make sure all loop-holes are perfectly taken care of. 

Once again, the Aether does not delight in war and neither do I. Every single one of our members was drawn by the promises we make of peace, science and intellectual versatility. It's a promise that I and we, as a whole, will keep. I would want to believe that the opinion you express is your own and not that of the Empire--Kytheum was very mature and understood at a glance and with a few further discussions, what we stand for. If you do not understand the many applications of the word: "Vanquish" and neither understand what the Aether represents nor stands for; you would do well to read up on our previous posts on the Forum and Community Portal. As an added piece of advice, please do consult with Kytheum before you make any more comments. It would be most sad for this to go on any further. That is all I will add. 

Have a splendid day.

"

I'm not actually talking about the Empire but your org. I had the conception that 'Vanquish' would actually mean defeat someone. So you intend to defeat others by not attacking first, but don't mean to flee combat or avoid it in every case or remain indifferent. By 'violence' I meant defeating others, well I mean in every war, even not intended, is violent since you kill.

I'm opened to discussion that all, don't go nervous. I will talk with Kytheum. The term 'vanquish' reminds me of the Roman Empire motto, that is 'come in purpose to vanquish'. It's just a word, I definitely know what the Aether represents.

I don't get it why while I talk here personally you include the Empire for it. I don't represent the Empire. It's good you contacted the emperor though. Discussion around a mere Word does not intend mindless conflict.

You too @Aetheriosn, splendid day.

"

I heard a whisper in the streets, 

"Destiny", it said to me. 

Before me flashed man's greatest feats. 

"Make your mark." It said to me. 

I saw the glory of the Earth; 

The beauty of Nature's breath.

And the life to which it gives birth. 

"Destiny--much more than wealth." 

The Aether welcomes inferiormartin to the Aether's Breath, come all ye who seek more than mere wealth.

"

"

Sigh. For the sake of posterity, I used Advanced English Dictionary for the definition--that's the dictionary I have on my local storage. I don't know where you got yours from. We don't have plans to hire people to defend us. Our military is to protect--the first word in our motto, you might have missed it. 

Oh, no...it...begins...to...show...its...true...colors!  "You cannot offer peace in one hand while holding a hammer in the other..."  GTEC principle 32.

Aetherios, GTEC understands and respect Aether's foreign policy of "Peace Above All Else or we'll Vanquish You" -- we get it, You have that right!  However, please consider alternative means of conflict resolution that does not mandate the Vanquishing of others!  GTEC knows how simple discourse can lead to misinterpretations and biased judgements that one day may lead to the horrors of war along with the insurmountable costs each organization will have to collect from its members in order to wage it and, don't forget, eventually recover from it. 

-- should any organization find the need to consult with unbiased external advisors, we at GTEC would be willing to mitigate such discourse to ensure an equitable resolution is implemented and maintained by all parties involved.

Oh, no...it...begins...to...show...its...true...colors!  "You cannot offer peace in one hand while holding a hammer in the other..."  GTEC principle 32.

Aetherios, GTEC understands and respect Aether's foreign policy of "Peace Above All Else or we'll Vanquish You" -- we get it, You have that right!  However, please consider alternative means of conflict resolution that does not mandate the Vanquishing of others!  GTEC knows how simple discourse can lead to misinterpretations and biased judgements that one day may lead to the horrors of war along with the insurmountable costs each organization will have to collect from its members in order to wage it and, don't forget, eventually recover from it. 

-- should any organization find the need to consult with unbiased external advisors, we at GTEC would be willing to mitigate such discourse to ensure an equitable resolution is implemented and maintained by all parties involved.

"

Haha.

"

"

The Aether Backstory Part 7: Reboot; is online on the Library of Mankind History. Kindly head over here to read it. I put a few more hints in this one. Let's see how many of you can spot them...

"

"

Let's play a game, what do you think? 

I'll give you a hint, tell me what it means. 

First, Ozhika, Zen; life on the brink, 

Big, dark, blue; a mother that weans. 

Cunning, loud, a terror to all, 

Untamed, fiery; a myth to us. 

White and green: a progress to call, 

Secret, dark: akin to the Norse. 

The Aether welcomes Arkanos to the Team. Find the answer and you'll know what it means.

"