"

Some possess skill, others talent, 

Some work like bees, others are affluent. 

Few great works stand the test of time, 

Fewer keep their glory through all the grime. 

Many artists have come and gone, 

Many more are the works that they have born.

A name shines brighter than them all. 

An ensemble of works too great to fall. 

The Aether welcomes Shogun to the family. Forever may his works outshine many.

"

"

I feel sorry for you, really I do. 

I know your deep pain, I have felt it too. 

You had no chance, but I know you didn't know, 

And now it's all over at the cock's third crow. 

It's sad you weren't warned: a pitiful shame, 

But, you should have known when my machines came. 

The struggle's ended now: it's all over. 

I've won the war, a machine and clover. 

We welcome MechMerchant to the Aether, may his victories continue, over and over! 

"

THE AETHER REPORT FOR THE MONTH ENDING AUGUST 31st, 2016

GRAND ARCHITECT’S REPORT

OVERVIEW

1.       Internal Affairs: For the past month, I have closely studied the behaviour of my fellow Aether members. Overall, we are all getting along nicely and the general temperament is that of mature people. Some are beginning to show uniqueness in their behaviour and for the most part, we are all active members.

2.       External Affairs: Of all the Aether’s allies, Earldom of Mercia remains at the top. They are the most active, responsive and friendly members of the HTC and the Aether’s second oldest ally. The interorganisational alliances and friendships remain stable and warm from the Aether’s perspective. The Aether is an official member of the Cinderfall Syndicate. It’s still relatively new to the Syndicate and I recommend that the Aether abstain from any deep involvement for a period lasting 21 to 30 days to appropriately familiarise itself with the Syndicate and its many members.

3.       Growth: The Aether’s growth remains slow, but steady. Consilium and Founding Father categories have been filled. The Fundamentum category is filling up steadily, however, a lot can still be done to attract new players.

4.       The Aether’s Public Relations: The Aether remains on the very positive side of the public opinion. This is a boost to our status, influence and attractiveness to existing and new members of Dual Universe. This also increases the chances of success should the Aether rally organisations together for a common cause.

5.       Resources and Economy: The Coordination Department continues to recruit Aether members. It’s too soon to come up with a short or full report on the Department.

6.       Military: The Defence Department continues to recruit Aether members. It’s too soon to come up with a short or full report on the Department.

7.       Science and Research: The Visionary Department has to a large extent been the most active. This is mostly due to the large fraction of people that find it appealing. The first designs are still under development. However, some concrete designs should be ready by the ending of next month.

8.       Intelligence: There’s too little to note and too much to keep from prying eyes.

9.       HTC: The first batch of allies has been accepted. Interaction is negligible, but understandably so at this stage. The individual organisations still need time to interact and develop trust and mutual friendships.

INTERNAL AFFAIRS

At the start of the month of August, the Aether had one member. Yes, that’s right. I was the only member of the Aether and the lone wolf. Within one month however, we’ve grown to sixteen members. That’s an average growth of 0.48 new members every day. Of all Sixteen members of the Aether, only Faerghal is yet to interact with us. Further inquiries into these Aether members revealed that one is an active Eve player. We should continue to expect them.

So, far no heated arguments have taken place and we are all getting along nicely. The top five members of the Aether, based how much they communicate are: (in no particular order) SonofSkz, ignorer, CosmicDragon, ParagonExploiter and Aetherios. Notable members include marax27, xhiyikfkox, Jeronimo, Benoen and Tbabz17. Most of the members already know what they want to do in Dual Universe and are currently being placed in places they will enjoy working and playing.

EXTERNAL AFFAIRS

The Aether has nine organisations it considers as allies. Eight of them are featured on the Aether’s website. As for alliances, the Aether is part of two alliances: namely HTC and Cinderfall Syndicate. It is on friendly terms with the Allied Corporate States and its head is part of the HTC. Earldom of Mercia are by far the most active and the closest to the Aether, mostly due to the close and old friendship members of the Aether and Earldom of Mercia share. Together with the Aether, they founded the HTC and Yin Yang Federation was the third member. The Aether has no open hostilities with any other organisation or alliance. To the best of its knowledge, no hostilities have been declared against it by other organisations or alliances.

The HTC was founded on 20th of August, 2016. The Aether officially joined Cinderfall Syndicate on the 29th of August, 2016. The Founding members of HTC are: Earl Trevor Wentworth, Krow, Aetherios and Grand Admiral Io. The Current members apart from those listed as the founders are: DaSchiz-Yin Yang Federation,

Astralator-Ad Astra Enterprises,

MatzaJew-Ninja Clan Fu,

FHGSteve-VultureCorp,

Darius Sanguina – Terran Union,

HollowMobster-Lone Star Empire,

WilksChekov- Allied Corporate States and

DarkNovation-NovaCore. The alliance is stable but still in its infant stages. Membership remains by Invite only.

GROWTH

While the Aether’s growth has certainly not been a jump from grass to glory, it’s not been painfully slow either. We are not anorexic as concerns recruiting new people, but we value quality over quantity. The date with the highest number of accepted applications was the 25th of August, 2016 with three applications accepted. As of now, recruitment is limited to the Dual Universe Forum, the Dual Universe Community Portal and Twitter. I strongly encourage members of the Aether to continue to source candidates through social media, by word of mouth and by any other means of friendly persuasion. Further information on the kinds of candidates we seek will be revealed to interested parties by contacting the Grand Architect and Consilium members.

THE AETHER’S PUBLIC RELATIONS

Thankfully, the Aether remains on the positive side of the public opinion. The image of a united family and state is still unscathed and attractive in the eyes of people. Due in most part to the conversations and contributions Aether members have made on the general Discord channel and the Dual Universe forums, people perceive us to be smart, up to date and welcoming. Special thanks goes to marax27 for his work on the Forum and Discord; CosmicDragon for his contribution to Discord and the Forum; ignorer for his contribution to Discord, ParagonExploiter for his contribution to Discord and SonofSkz for his contribution to Discord. We are also grateful for the other members of the Aether that have helped in what way they can.

The Aether has had some minor disturbance as concerns individual members of the organisation. We hope to have the issues ironed out as soon as possible. Where the concerned members have been wrong, we have issued a strong warning to them. Where they have been unjustly accused, we have contended with the offenders. The Aether as a whole, though, has suffered slightly in its Public Image. We hope to recover lost ground within the coming month.

As concerns our allies and non-hostile organisations, we are still on excellent ground on them and continue to work on improving relations. The Aether’s allies are listed below:

·         Earldom of Mercia

·         Ad Astra Enterprises

·         The Terran Union

·         LoneStar Empire

·         Yin Yang Federation

·         Vulture Corporation

·         NovaCore

·         Ninja Clan Fu

·         Allied Corporate States (as pertains to the body, not individual organisations)

·         Cinderfall Syndicate (as pertains to the body, not individual organisations)

·         The Golden Empire  

·          Aramatea Eco-Conglomerate

RESOURCES AND ECONOMY

Recruitment and strategy for the Coordination Department is underway. Nothing more is noteworthy.

MILITARY

Recruitment and strategy for the Defence Department is underway. Nothing more is noteworthy.

SCIENCE AND RESEARCH

The Visionary Department has been the most active of the three. From craft designs to architecture, the Visionary Department has its hands in both. It is also the largest of the three Departments. Recruitment and strategy for the Visionary Department is underway. Due to security concerns, nothing more is noteworthy.

INTELLIGENCE

HTC

The HTC was founded on the 25th of August, 2016. The founding organisations are the Earldom of Mercia and the Aether. The Founding members are Earl Trevor Wentworth, CosmicDragon, Krow and Aetherios. As of Wednesday, 31st of August, 2016, the HTC has eight members and will not be accepting any new ones till further notice.

Basic structure planning is still under way but full steam interaction is still a short way ahead. That will be all for now.

SUMMARY

The internal relations of the Aether are in the best of situations and the external relations leave little to be desired. The Aether’s public image is still relatively good and I look forward to improving it further. Growth could and should be a lot better, considering the fact that each member can present at least one more candidate for recruitment. There’s little to note about the individual Aether Departments and the HTC is still growing strong.

"

The walls have ears and birds tell dark tales, 

I'm right there, somewhere in a hood near you. 

You'll laugh or smile, until your colour pales. 

You're spying on me, yes? I'm spying on you too. 

This isn't just a game, many have gone. 

They've gone and burnt, with or without the rue.  

I'm a master, my mind is never torn, 

I'm watching: somewhere in a hood near you. 

The Aether silently welcomes Orici, the master of intrigue.

"

"The Aether welcomes jtroberts01 to the family. We hope he finds joy and peace in our lands.

In the same breath, the Aether announces that it has finished preliminary trade agreements with Chromion Industrial. All other allies still retain their respective status and importance. 

We look forward to a mutually beneficial cooperation with Chromion Industrial.

"

"I've just posted Part 5 of the Aether's Backstory on the forums. Please read it and tell me what you think. Here's t he link: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/5250-dont-save-me-the-aether-backstory-part-5/ . The stories will continue, but there will be a different protagonist and I'll include the Aether's allies bit by bit. Kindly PM me your suggestions."

I like the sound of mature players, and the vibe of difference I get from you. I am unsure of how the mechanics of the game will work and function, so I'm not sure how significant a faction will be when the alpha releases. However, from what you're saying I feel as though we could still have a neat little cooperative experience together if we are all friends and interested in the game. It could make things really fun, or at least I hope.

I'm a mechanical engineering major and although I've never heard of Lua, I have lots of experience with MATLAB which, from what I found on Lua by googling, seems to be a similar program. And I'm certainly interested in joining your faction.

Anyway as an engineering major I feel that I could possibly contribute to ship design in some way or aspect. If you are interested you can see the kinds of things I have created for Space Engineers in my workshop in the link below, to get a feel for what I like to do.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=535665014

I like the sound of mature players, and the vibe of difference I get from you. I am unsure of how the mechanics of the game will work and function, so I'm not sure how significant a faction will be when the alpha releases. However, from what you're saying I feel as though we could still have a neat little cooperative experience together if we are all friends and interested in the game. It could make things really fun, or at least I hope.

I'm a mechanical engineering major and although I've never heard of Lua, I have lots of experience with MATLAB which, from what I found on Lua by googling, seems to be a similar program. And I'm certainly interested in joining your faction.

Anyway as an engineering major I feel that I could possibly contribute to ship design in some way or aspect. If you are interested you can see the kinds of things I have created for Space Engineers in my workshop in the link below, to get a feel for what I like to do.

"

Good day, ATMLVE. I fully support any constructive mutual cooperation with the Aether. Would you like to be an organisation that's allied with the Aether, or a member?

"

"I've also had a look at your Steam page and I'm very much impressed. The Aether is looking for people like you and we'd be most pleased to have you working with us or for us. Should I send you a link to our Discord server? I prefer talking there."

I like the feel that the Aether is giving me... I just hope that factions have a signifance when the game releases. But I think I'd like to be a member of the Aether. What rolls are available to me?

"There are plenty of roles available. Right now, we're just checking on everyone's SWOT. You have the freedom to choose any department of your choice, the leaders of the departments have already been selected for temporary leadership roles as concerns the department.

However, depending on how effective they are, they will either keep or lose the position once the Aether is mature enough and we have enough members to vote."

Sounds good. Ill join! What are the steps that I should take? I know I need to join the group page on the site here, and I should probably join the forums as well right?

"Indeed! I'll walk you through the process via PM! Head over here to join."

"

We have heard with our ears, 

Our fathers have told us. 

His name dampened our fears, 

Quenched our foes' animus. 

It made them quake and flee! 

It raised our spirits high! 

It has heard our plea, 

The Titan--it stands by. 

The Aether welcomes ATMLVE to the State. Long may he handle the strings of fate.

"

"

Good day everyone. Later today, the Aether will be unveiling its new logo as well as some signatures for the privileged members of the Family. 

We look forward to continued growth, maturity and prosperity. 

Have a wonderful day.

"

[OBSOLETE]

"

A most pleasant day to everyone on the Forums. The Aether's new logo is ready and if you can spot them, a few of our members are already sporting their new signatures. 

Why the Hexagons?

The hexagon is symbolic of the Hive Mind.

We at the Aether are not an organisation. We are not an Empire. We are not a Kingdom or a Nation.

We are a Family. We are a Body. We are a Team. Nothing less, nothing more.

One in All. All in One. One for All. All for One. For any task, for any problem, for any challenge, for any enemy and for any ally--we are One: Unbroken, Unbent and Undaunted. We work together, fight together, live together and die together. We know each other, we trust each other and any one that is a threat to the Unity we share is rejected, removed and destroyed from among us. In whatever place or situation we find ourselves, we are United and we stand together.

The hexagon is the symbol of Territory.

We will not give up what is ours. We will not back down. We will not forget. What has been entrusted into our hands is our responsibility. Our land and our territory is ours, not yours. It belongs to us and those we share it with. Trifle with a Hive and the rue is yours to bear alone. What belongs to us is ours to protect; ours to advance and develop; ours to vanquish and ours to explore. Our territory will be the envy and awe of all who behold it: such is the power and the Spirit of the Aether.

The Hexagon in the Background is a Shield

We protect our own, we shield our kind, we fight for our family and we never abandon our friends. Whatever belongs to the Aether and whatever is entrusted to it is kept in that Shield. You are not permitted to enter, you are not permitted to destroy. This Shield has sharp edges of its own: you are warned.

Why Blue, why Green, why White?

Electric blue is the renowned colour of electricity. Green is the colour of Nature and prosperity. White is the colour of Light and Purity. Together, they pass a message of  an advanced, clean and efficient Team. Minimalism is our choice, functionality our concern, perfection our objective and technology is our message. Our colours symbolise who we are and how we will operate.

The Ring and Circle

The circle is the symbol of wholeness and equality. It is the form of an all protective shield. There is no nobility in the Aether, you are what you work to be and you are rewarded for being what you love to be, for doing what you love to do and for advancing the cause and the entity of the Family and Team that you belong to.

The ring encloses our multitude of allies, held safely within the Aether's interests. Nevertheless, it is open at both sides: you came in and you can leave as well. We value our friends and help those who help us, however, because they came in doesn't mean they can't go out. In many cases, we may be the ones to bring them in, and in many cases, we may be the ones to drive them out.

We grow upwards and take root downwards. Our foundation is sure and our future is bright. There is fluidity in our operation, superior intelligence in our existence and protection in our hands.

The Aether calls you. Will you answer?

"

"

This agile creature holds such grace?

Is there any else of its kind? 

Gaze and behold its noble face. 

Speed and sharpness, in one it does bind. 

Beneath the seas, none is like it. 

Its prowess unmatched, its skill, honed. 

It does whatever it sees fit, 

Adore its call, ever full-toned.

The Aether welcomes Skellarts to the fold. Forever may his skill be honed.

"

Hey man, that is some cool stuff you have here.

I am not ready yet to join any org but I will keep an eye on yours.

Interesting vibe. :)

"

Good day, Falstaf. Your encouraging comments are very much appreciated. We hope to have you with us, eventually.

"

"

This agile creature holds such grace?

Is there any else of its kind?

Gaze and behold its noble face.

Speed and sharpness, in one it does bind.

Beneath the seas, none is like it.

Its prowess unmatched, its skill, honed.

It does whatever it sees fit,

Adore its call, ever full-toned.

The Aether welcomes Skellarts to the fold. Forever may his skill be honed.

"

I am truly honored Aetherios