What Should DU Citizens Be Called

AccuNut

What Should DU Citizens Be Called  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is a good name for DU Citizens as a collective group?

• Just "Citizens" is fine.
    • Colonists
    • Novarkians (based on the arkship's name, "Novark".)
    • Novarkites
    • Novarkers
    • Something cool that isn't on the list. (Explain below.)
    • Arkers
    • Arkians
    • Dualeers

Dualists.

And no. It's not the same as Duelist, which is something completely different.

"Hey! Look! A Dualist!"

Yeah. I like it.

It so slick but at the same nearly demands attention.

Sorry to be that 1 guy, but an Arkist sounds like a bad thing. It has a bad vibe. Arkers seems like an explorer-oriented word.

No.

NQ already decided on it. I really don't like threads being spammed.

You seem to be confused here but you know that already. ;)

Still I dont see the spam here....

My question is, what did NQ decide in this context?

Is there a name to call a Dual Universe player, I'd really like to know for...reasons.

Citizens, players, noobs. 

It is possible that players could mostly get their names from the organizations they join, with maybe 'Neutral' Players, Cinderfallians, Imperials, Unionists, etc.

Did you just say "Cinderfallians"

Who is pleased calling them fat? o.O

"

Not surprisingly, in some cultures, having a generous amount of body mass is a sign of good health and wealth. More of wealth than good health anyway... Is Astrophil actually fat? There are things called fattening rooms in some African cultures, if I remember correctly: the Efik culture in Nigeria - they do a lot more than just fattening anyway. Astro, if you need to lay on some fat, you should head there, no?

Cheers.

"

"

Not surprisingly, in some cultures, having a generous amount of body mass is a sign of good health and wealth. More of wealth than good health anyway... Is Astrophil actually fat? There are things called fattening rooms in some African cultures, if I remember correctly: the Efik culture in Nigeria - they do a lot more than just fattening anyway. Astro, if you need to lay on some fat, you should head there, no?

Cheers.

"

More useless, random information brought to you by Aetherios. Lol.

"

Cheers.

"

... what.

More useless, random information brought to you by Aetherios. Lol.

... what.

"No, no: please no. This is either an information dump gone awry or a clear example of barking up the wrong tree.

Tsk, just forget it ever happened.

Cheers.

"

I think having a "final round" is a great idea Falstaf!

We now have 51 votes, so I got the 50+ I was looking for, but the top two contenders: "Colonists" and "Arkers" are only at twenty and fifteen votes respectively. That is pretty close! Makes me wonder what the result would be if they were the ONLY options!

The suggestions you have all made definitely shaped this poll and some great ideas have emerged. In fact, neither Colonist or Arker were part of the original poll, and yet they became the most popular choices!

However, if we are ever going to really have a winner, they do need to be the only options. That way, they will each garner additional votes from those who may have chosen something else from this poll.

Thanks to everyone for your contributions!

Here is a link to the new poll: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/11071-what-should-du-citizens-be-called-part-2/

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very much in favor of simply "Colonists" 

"Citizen" implies I'm part of something centralized, and if later down the road we're getting multiple star systems, I might just want to plop down on a lonely asteroid and set up my Hermit mansion in the far reaches of some distant solar system.

Arker and its variations is too forced, and doesn't really convey any addition value to my role play experience. If there were people who DIDN'T come from the Ark it might be relevant, but I think as it stands, since we're all from the Ark, it's a meaningless distinction.

The only other suggestions I like are "Survivor," and to a much lesser extent, "Pioneer," because they convey the heart of the Role-play experience with out the forced and universe specific overtones of the Ark. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's be honest, who would want to be called a generic thing like a colonist?

Arker is more rad.

I do like Arker the most but it sounds like something you'd be called by someone not from the Arkship.

Haters be hatin.

• 1 year later...