What Should DU Citizens Be Called

AccuNut

What Should DU Citizens Be Called  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is a good name for DU Citizens as a collective group?

• Just "Citizens" is fine.
    • Colonists
    • Novarkians (based on the arkship's name, "Novark".)
    • Novarkites
    • Novarkers
    • Something cool that isn't on the list. (Explain below.)
    • Arkers
    • Arkians
    • Dualeers

People in Russia are called Russians, those in France are French, and people from America are Americans; but what should people in Dual Universe be called?

"Dual Universians" is kind of immersion-breaking, since it is nothing other than the title of the game itself.

So, what do you think?

If you have any suggestions other than what is on the poll, please feel free to suggest them!

I will try to keep up with this and post any other REASONABLE options on the poll. I will not be putting up anything I think is offensive, or if it is just pointless. (like: "name-of-my-organization"-ites, or "I-like-space"-ers.)

Other than that, let's hear your thoughts!

(By the way, you can select more than one option in the poll. :) )

Of course people will call themselves and others what they wish, Shynras. This is meant as a "community brainstorm" for a generalized reference. Nothing is stopping you from referring to yourself as part of an organization or community, I am just trying to see what others think is a good name to refer to players as "in general".

If you feel that this is a pointless thread, feel free to ignore that it exists, I won't be offended. :)

I think "Citizens" should be fine since, I have a feeling lots of organizations will have that as there starting role.

Thanks for the input! If you like that option, just click on the box next to it at the top of the thread and hit "submit vote".

I know people will call them selves Citizen of whatever org they are in but as a collective term i like Colonist or something like Arkian(s) because i believe coming from an Arkship comes before the Nov- in the name.

Great comments fellas!

I like Pioneer too, Cybrex, but I'm not sure it is a term that would apply to everyone for long. After all, once Alioth is settled, the true pioneers will be those going out to explore the galaxy, while others will live comfortably behind the front lines.

Kurock, Aliothians is what those who live on Alioth will be called for sure! It doesn't really apply to everyone though. Same thing with "Earthers", it is a good name, just not quite as universal (pardon the pun) as what I am referring to. :)

Surprised that "Passengers" hasn't shown up yet.

Probably because we are only passengers until we get off the Arkship, after that....

It does have a nice ring to it though!

People in Russia are called Russians, those in France are French, and people from America are Americans; but what should people in Dual Universe be called?

"Dual Universians" is kind of immersion-breaking, since it is nothing other than the title of the game itself.

So, what do you think?

If you have any suggestions other than what is on the poll, please feel free to suggest them!

I will try to keep up with this and post any other REASONABLE options on the poll. I will not be putting up anything I think is offensive, or if it is just pointless. (like: "name-of-my-organization"-ites, or "I-like-space"-ers.)

Other than that, let's hear your thoughts!

(By the way, you can select more than one option in the poll. :) )

Citizens, players, noobs. 

It is possible that players could mostly get their names from the organizations they join, with maybe 'Neutral' Players, Cinderfallians, Imperials, Unionists, etc.

First Wave

Aliothians

The starting planet will change over the years so newbros can have access to raw minerals.

Aliothian is more a demonym to designate a person who lives in a safezone ,aka, a carebear no-risk player.

EVE palyers are called pilots off the game, to define the Player Characters and the players themselves.

I still stnad by my suggestion on Arker for a term used to define the player character. We all start from an Ark after all. The term comes more from my experience in Mass Effect 1, where you could set your past as "Spacer" - someone who was born and raised on board a ship in space, like a military child that moves cosntantly as their parents are reassigned to a new base. Arkers cover that wholely. :P

Yes it is!

By the way, for those of you who voted before I added "Arkers" and "Arkians" to the poll, don't forget that you can always re-vote to include them if you like. You just have to press "Delete My Vote" and re-enter your choices.

Just an FYI. :)