Brixxz

So after cutting my teeth way back in the day on Star Wars Galaxies, I have yearned and searched for a game that would appeal to me and give me the opportunity to find that satisfaction yet again.  I have tried more games than I care to name each with their appeal yet failing to deliver the goods of what makes a good MMO in my mind.  Am I picky? Absolutely.... But I continue to search... hoping to find that game.. that one single opportunity to scratch that itch and provide me the home that I deserve.  Will this be that home?  I sure hope so.  Everything I have read makes me want to believe... "I do want to believe!"

I have managed and run hard core raiding guilds across various MMO's over the years.  Though time and family have forced me into retirement from such deep long hour commitments.  That said I hope to find an active home that supports my play style where I can contribute and if time permits work my way back through the community.  

I am currently not sure what my endgame will be... there is plenty of time I believe to evaluate the Corps and find my best suitor....  Where ever it is I look forward to finding a home and working with all of you in some fashion...

~Brixxz

First of all welcome to DU! Glad to see another soul join us. I think you will find that this just might be the game you are looking for. You have a lot of time to decide your endgame as the game public release ain't gonna happen anytime before dec 2018, which so far is the projected date. Its good to see you consider your options before joining any org, you have all the time in the world ;)
Again Welcome and best of luck ^_^

Welcomes. I am picky too, but most MMORPGs are carbon copies of each other these days, I haven't been interested in any other mmorpg since eve-online. And my more recent interest in sandbox games makes DU perfect.

Welcome to the community.

Just be advised, the "endgame" in a game like DU, is not predefined. That being said, there's no "level cap" to reach. Also, be advised, that DU has soft-skills, that means skills you have to develope in the game, either that is scanning profiency (able to figure out readings without requiring a perfect scan) or doing math on the fly to pull of some good shots given the distance from the target you have (as the cobmat is based on probabilistic chances, and not reflex based Call of Duty in space).

So my guess is, lay back and observe what looks more fun to you (for the start of the game). After that, you just play the game. You get bored with your playstyle, dip into another playstyle. You are not locked down to a class.

However, if you have experienced 40-man raids in Vanilla WoW and managed to power through to Naxxramas Original with a guild, you'll be more than suited for managing a group and you should go for it.

Cheers!

I love the idea of no defined endgame.  I think that has the best potential to be amazing given the scope of this game for sure.  I remember trying to unlock my skills in SWG and that amazing ride to unlock the Jedi..  Talk about a real grind, but that was appealing to me and still is.  I am glad to be here and look forward to eating copious amounts of popcorn and watching the fireworks over the many upcoming months.  As a math and physics teacher I like to think I can shoot on the fly, so maybe theres a chance for me!! 

LOL

Thanks for the warm welcome, I look forward to being active and getting to know you all!

What do ya'll do to pass the time while you wait for something of this magnitude?  Do you play other games?  Do you design or find your creative outlet doing something else?  I oftentimes find it hard to play too many games at once....  How often do you find they give us updates in regards to DU?

What do ya'll do to pass the time while you wait for something of this magnitude? Do you play other games? Do you design or find your creative outlet doing something else? I oftentimes find it hard to play too many games at once.... How often do you find they give us updates in regards to DU?

Well at least once a month we get an update with a small but sweet video.

If you keep an eye on the forum, sometimes someone from NQ (Nyzaltar) clarifies something if possible.

There is also a few hours of information content on google and youtube.

As for games, I quit playing games a while ago and I only plan to start again when the Alpha begins.

I read, grow mushrooms and do some volunteering to pass my time. Nothing too exciting. :P

Oh and pass my time in this place of course.

Welcome to DU ;)

What do ya'll do to pass the time while you wait for something of this magnitude?  Do you play other games?  Do you design or find your creative outlet doing something else?  I oftentimes find it hard to play too many games at once....  How often do you find they give us updates in regards to DU?

Posting here and chatting on the discord servers are a way to pass the time until alpha. And yes, many groups have started a DU community in for various games (e.g. Minecraft, space engineers, Conan, Hellion, etc). I suggest dropping by the discord servers to find out more.

First off: Welcome to the community!

Now, to answer your questions:

A lot of us play other games together to pass the time. In one org I'm a member of, Cinderfall, they've got dedicated servers to keep everyone occupied while we wait for alpha. I believe Band of Outlaws also has a few servers up and running.

Some of us choose instead to spend our time drawing and 3D Modeling ships. It's not a widespread pastime but the people who spend their time doing this generallly have excellent ship designs cough Objective Driveyards cough

Asides from that, everyone likes to chat on Discord and speculate about exactly how awesome this game might be.

Welcome to the forums!

You still have enough time to decide your way to play the game and experience the diversity this game will offer. Like someone said before me, you're not bound to a determinated playstyle when you create your character.

About your last question, you will occupy some time if you read posts on this forum. If you have some questions and use the search tool you may read very interesting posts and debates.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the suggestions and such.  Games like these seem like forever often times before release.  That said it will be here before you know it!  Have any of you played ED?  I played it back in 14 and stopped rather quickly but wasn't sure if anyone around here plays or could give me the state of how its playing at the moment.  Trying to scratch the ship flying itch at the moment! :)