Introducing the DU Search Engine

I dont really get that stuff, just one question is my email address open to view by anyone but NQ?

Not unless you're making it public. So the answer is most likely no, your email address is not viewable by anyone. That kind of stuff is covered under the privacy policy -> https://community.dualthegame.com/privacy

Not unless you're making it public. So the answer is most likely no, your email address is not viewable by anyone. That kind of stuff is covered under the privacy policy -> https://community.dualthegame.com/privacy

Ah OK.

Thanks Yama, the way I read the comments I got the impression that there was some security isseu.

Like I said, I am really clueless about those things.

Update:

So work has slapped a new project on my plate, and that has been taking a surprising amount of time. As such, my initial plan of updates every other day has fallen through.

So I am going to be spending some time working on the back end to have it all update automatically. Thank you for sharing that github Yama, I will definitely have to check it out. 

Additionally, much as I want to think of this as my baby, it is best for the community that this becomes a community project so I will be looking for a team of people to help move this project forward and make it more open. 

• 3 months later...

Any chance we can expect more regular updates of the raw data? I recently completed work on the majority of the back-end of my website and have started creating a system to allow people to grab specific data from the data set without setting up their own database server and dealing with updating and importing the data. The plan is to make this a publicly available tool but i don't want to fully announce it until i get regularly updated data and so far have been unsuccessful creating my own scraper so I must rely on other sources for the raw data.

I'm afraid I do not currently dedicate much time to this project due to time commitments elsewhere. The website will receive periodic updates but for more specific support for you will need to look elsewhere. 

I will revisit this project closer to game launch. 

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Anasasi said:

Seeing as he hasn't done it yet (liar), i'll bump this post as the map has been slightly updated. 

<3 u

Yeah, yeah ...  I said I was going to bump the thread and didn't get to it ... at least I updated the site ... grumble, grumble grumble

<3 u 2

8 hours ago, TheAtlasWarrior said:

I'm confused, what website are you guys talking about? and what is a scraper? 

He is talking about this website: http://du-stats.com/cmap/

1 hour ago, Lord_Void said:

Yeah, yeah ...  I said I was going to bump the thread and didn't get to it ... at least I updated the site ... grumble, grumble grumble

<3 u 2

He is talking about this website: http://du-stats.com/cmap/

oh ok, thanks Lord Void

DANG, I am one huge red dot on the forum map! dang! Looks like I've got a swarm of people who are just connected to me, compared to Twek who seems to be connected to more inter-connected folks.

6 hours ago, wizardoftrash said:

DANG, I am one huge red dot on the forum map! dang! Looks like I've got a swarm of people who are just connected to me, compared to Twek who seems to be connected to more inter-connected folks.

Yeah you had a lot of friends. Sadly, since they redid that feature I can't really map it anymore :(