Hi there folks! My username is Morkeyest.

An MMO Build-a-verse, FPS, & RPG all in one, containing accessible and near-complete emergent gameplay? I imagine I'm far from nthe first to say that this game is a dream come true. Unfortunately, I currently don't have an operating system that would be able to handle what the specs of the game will probably be, but I will most definitely be investing in one. Until then, I'd love to be a part of the community and the journeys ahead.

In terms of factions, a lot of the organizations' summary pages are very thorough and do contain articles of interest, so I'm wondering: if I were to apply for citizenship of a federal entity within DU, which one would you personally suggest applying to? 

Hi Morkeyest and welcome to the community.

You are absolutely right and i wish you success with building your gaming-gear of your needs :)

You ask who to join. I whink this is a difficult question and belongs to many factors of your personal "wellbeing".

Do you like small and familiar Orgs, that focus on few topics e.g. Trading. Or do you want to be part of a big movement with hundreds of players?

What are you going to focus on? What would your play-style be? Do you like role-play? How much do you want to play? Be a casual player or progress?

Do you want to join a multilingual org, or one speaking your language?

Many questions you have to find the answer yourself :)

If you like you can write me a PM and i can recommend you the org, I feel fits best for you.

But this is also a very early stage of orgs and maybe once the game is released not all will be active.

Cheers and have a great time!

Villspor

Welcome!

Its always nice to see a new face.

Just like you DU is (almost) my dream come true. I didnt expect we would see something like this developed any time soon. But here we are. :)

My 2cents; dont feel pressured into joining an org (or several) right away. Get to know the people on the forum, make some friends. The game wont release in the next few months.

There is also a discord channel, I'm not on it but I hear people are having fun with it. I'm sure someone will post the info for it.

See you around.

Hi and welcome to the community.

Your choice of org-type depends on your playstyle as already said:

- pirate?

- trader?

- builder?

- risk averse?

- do you like govermental work?

- small / big org?

- nation?

- company?

- freedom (just enough - insider sorry :D)?

"He said:

In terms of factions, a lot of the organizations' summary pages are very thorough and do contain articles of interest, so I'm wondering: if I were to apply for citizenship of a federal entity within DU, which one would you personally suggest applying to? 

BOO isn't a Federal Entity...it's a...a...what do you call yourselves again?

Regardless, it seems he has found a suitable organisation already, but there are others like the Empire, Solar Empire, Diverse Unified Alliance...and I think Cinderfall Syndicate fits in that list too. According to what I last heard, their rules and documents already transcended the Constitution of many countries! 

Welcome to the Community, Morkeyest. I wish you the best. 

Cheers.

"

"He said:

BOO isn't a Federal Entity...it's a...a...what do you call yourselves again?

Regardless, it seems he has found a suitable organisation already, but there are others like the Empire, Solar Empire, Diverse Unified Alliance...and I think Cinderfall Syndicate fits in that list too. According to what I last heard, their rules and documents already transcended the Constitution of many countries! 

Welcome to the Community, Morkeyest. I wish you the best. 

Cheers.

"

Well, what people want and what they need are not always the same :P I asked if the fella wanted freedom. BOO is so free we don't even label ourselves. Others do it for us :D

Well, what people want and what they need are not always the same :P I asked if the fella wnated freedom. BOO is so free we don't even abel ourselves. Others do it for us :D

"That's legit freedom!"

Welcome to the community :) and as others have already said don't join an org if you don't want to right now, get a feel of different groups through their discord servers, get to know people and also it depends on your own interests, what kind of an org do you want to be in. well whatever it may be welcome to DU ;)

Thank you all for the greetings. The advice is appreciated as well!

[...]Regardless, it seems he has found a suitable organisation already[...]

One of the orgs has caught my eye, but I wouldn't say it's "suitable" yet. I'm still looking.

Welcome. You will have to explain what you expect a federal entity to look like.

I was trying to rack my brain for terminology that would be as inclusive of every faction as possible without making me sound redundant (apparently, I didn't succeed). "Federal entity" is a superfluous way of saying "nation" or "empire." I realize now that certain groups (such as BOO) don't fall under that banner, which is not to say such orgs are precluded from making my list of potentials.

Welcome to the community.

Also operating systems and specs are two different things. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant, could you please explain.

My comp can't run this stuff.

I'm not really "computer vocabulary" savvy, so apologies if I used the wrong designations. 

Welcome to the Community, always good to see new faces on here! If you need any info about that game you may not know, searching through the forums is really helpful and reading the DU game wiki works well too. Also, if you haven't already, I recommend reading the Dev Blogs and watching the Interviews with the developers, there is a lot of information in those and a lot of forum posts involve some of those topics. 

Wiki: http://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/Dual_Universe_Wiki

Dev Blogs: https://devblog.dualthegame.com/

Interviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-DRi77Q1S7ODGCny1bUIhA