leviathan npc

Taliasnow

Welcome to the forums!

The complete destruction of planets, by any means, is not something that the developers are interested in allowing to happen. NPCs and aliens, too, are something the developers are trying to stray away from. They want the game to be a civilization simulator, and throwing in a giant NPC creature that destroys the work of players goes against their aim. It would be fun for a typical game, but for what the developers are trying to do, I doubt something like this will make it in to the game.

Welcome to the forums!

The complete destruction of planets, by any means, is not something that the developers are interested in allowing to happen. NPCs and aliens, too, are something the developers are trying to stray away from. They want the game to be a civilization simulator, and throwing in a giant NPC creature that destroys the work of players goes against their aim. It would be fun for a typical game, but for what the developers are trying to do, I doubt something like this will make it in to the game.

May I add, giant ship eating monsters would be pretty immersion breaking.

May I add, giant ship eating monsters would be pretty immersion breaking.

True. Maybe they can have it as an event for first year after release or something. (Without the construct eating part though.)

a giant space creature that roams the stars and eats ships and/or planets you know somthing that you need to team up to fight

No.  (for reasons already stated)

However I am all for a large organic life form that roams the stars that people can attack if they so wish but actually is not aggressive.. and have others frown on them because the creature is harmless. Like a whale.

A space whale.

Perhaps if the giant entity was in a part of space predetermined for galactic events. Although, people could still unintentially stray into it..

IF anything like this ever makes it into the game, IF.

DU shouldnt compromise for the stupidity of a player. Thats just the way this game seems to be set up.

I raise this same conversation at last time I was here, 

I think the devs should implement a giant monster to act as a big boss,  that spawns randomly very few times ...  

a monster that lots of players os different, until enemy groups must cooperate to destroy. and after his death, (at the end of war break time) probably a mass PVP would start 

with factions fighting to defend their miners while they scavenge the rare resources and mats that could be only fond inside his body.....

I think the devs should implement a giant monster to act as a big boss, that spawns randomly very few times ...

a monster that lots of players os different, until enemy groups must cooperate to destroy. and after his death, (at the end of war break time) probably a mass PVP would start

with factions fighting to defend their miners while they scavenge the rare resources and mats that could be only fond inside his body.....

As last time, I object. As last time, this is a bad, standard mechanic for bad gameplay. As last time, it only favors players who participate in that "raid"

I think the devs should implement a giant monster to act as a big boss,  that spawns randomly very few times ...  

The material mined from inside the body would need some use to be worth it.  Which could cause imbalance issues because once a faction has it no other faction could have the material in till the next spawns which could take a long time.

But If the material is not good for anything, i mean whats the point.

Just having normal materials spawn inside it would mostly fix the problem. However I really do not see a point in this feature, and think they should spend there time on something more useful like more building tools and elements.

Edit: I really think this feature is just to gimmicky to work.

No.  (for reasons already stated)

However I am all for a large organic life form that roams the stars that people can attack if they so wish but actually is not aggressive.. and have others frown on them because the creature is harmless. Like a whale.

A space whale.

A space narwhal.

It was just a concept trailer, but the movie is still in production afaik.

Here's some more concept art from it:

https://twitter.com/RuairiRobinson/status/578748458602893312

https://twitter.com/RuairiRobinson/status/577670651214860288

Oh at the time I saw the trailer I thought it was for an upcoming movie. I didnt know it was a concept trailer.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead there should be a very little chance like 1% when exploring a new system that you find something big.

• 2 weeks later...