Alpha release getting ''closer''

AcedBit

According to the NQ statement about alpha release being in the first half of 2017....
Well then it is only a little more than 3 months tops to go.
Anyone exited :D

I for one am exited.

As someone also waiting for Star Citizen, I really don't mind whether it's a few more months or not - eventually, it comes.

I am waiting on that one also.

Many good space games coming out now :)

My guess is still May. In the new IGN video they say "Give us 1-2 more months".

I think you may have misinterpreted what JC was saying, and the context clue is in his hesitation when he responded to the question. I'm pretty sure he implied that they would need 1-2 more months on top of the original deadline, ie July/August. 

Is it really so bad to have to wait a little bit longer? I think it's better that we get a stable Alpha (or at least playable) than to have one rushed out the door just to meet an arbitrary deadline. 

I think you may have misinterpreted what JC was saying, and the context clue is in his hesitation when he responded to the question. I'm pretty sure he implied that they would need 1-2 more months on top of the original deadline, ie July/August. 

Is it really so bad to have to wait a little bit longer? I think it's better that we get a stable Alpha (or at least playable) than to have one rushed out the door just to meet an arbitrary deadline. 

I mean i dont have anything against letting them finish the work but i think he actually said 1-2 more months in context of previously in that conversation saying that they just passed the first half of the first half

Well, after talking in San Fran, they are looking at more towards July to release Alpha. I am also very excited but not impatient

Same, as I imagine many of us are followers of Star Citizen... we're used to it eh :P

Although, I'm pretty sure Dual Universe will be built on strong architecture from the ground up.  No need to jumble things together, and create a mess.