This has to end...

Assuming not everyone can afford an Iron Pack (or don't want to at the moment), there might be another idea: a very low pledge/pack costing a few euros or dollars (but not giving any DACs) to be affordable to everyone, giving the ability to create Organizations, and with the intent to dissuade players to make trouble "just for fun and for free". What do you think about this idea?

But they would be able to join a org? That kinda gets ride of the point in my opinion. I am sure if somebody wanted to cause some trouble they would be willing to spend a few dollars.

This would only work if you had to pay that few euros or dollars to join a org too. The problem is this might be seen as a cash grab.

I think this is the best option though.

The problem is not lots of alt corps, but alt corps at the top of the community listings, having unfair publicity.

Solution: remove the corporation listings by member count.

Instead list them by searchable tags, i.e. , Pirates, banking, RP, industry, military and corporations name. etc, ect.

Then all the corporation advertising can be done on the DU forum, ON A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

Now there is no insentive to artificially build large corps. Any inactive corp or alt corps will collect dust in a folder somewhere giving no one unfair advantage.

Hey Nyzaltar,

You definitely need a solution to take away workload from you as CM.

A report button would help there too instead of bloated threads (though it was good it happens). Yes players can write you but I think a button would work better.

I think it's sufficient for "real" backers to start an org. Since those pledges for alpha/beta access will continue for some more months there's no need imho for some cheap pledge. If you have honest and thorough interest in DU - you pledge - and therefore start an org early on. Everyone will be able to do so when release hits so to me this would be just one more benefit to pledging (and bragging rights in 15years - "DU is 14 years old but my org is 15")

The problem is not lots of alt corps, but alt corps at the top of the community listings, having unfair publicity.

Instead list them by searchable tags, i.e. , Pirates, banking, RP, industry, military and corporations name. etc, ect.

Then all the corporation advertising can be done on the DU forum, ON A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

Now there is no insentive to artificially build large corps. Any inactive corp or alt corps will collect dust in a folder somewhere giving no one unfair advantage.

Actually removing the rankings by most members would solve a lot of the issues - I would gladly support this idea. It would place everyone on equal footing - and make recruiters work for their pay. . .

Theoretically, every single organisation is fake. There is no any single organisation which has something with the game. Every single organisation is dream, plan or vision of any POSSIBLE structure/model in future.

Didn't read all thread, so commenting MainPost. I don't understand what the point to worry about this at all? I am nearly sure, 75% of members and organisations will never be in game. Majority already forget and absolutely don't care about orgs they in.

The main Organisation structurisation will happens in Alpha, based on real opportunities, experience and relations. But massive growth of Organisations would be in Beta, when the game will open the door for thousands of backers.

All of that is only my opinion. I could be wrong, so don't pretend on pure fact/truth.

So the question is, Why do you worry about that?

Thanks,

Archonious

Theoretically, every single organisation is fake. There is no any single organisation which has something with the game. Every single organisation is dream, plan or vision of any POSSIBLE structure/model in future.

Didn't read all thread, so commenting MainPost. I don't understand what the point to worry about this at all? I am nearly sure, 75% of members and organisations will never be in game. Majority already forget and absolutely don't care about orgs they in.

The main Organisation structurisation will happens in Alpha, based on real opportunities, experience and relations. But massive growth of Organisations would be in Beta, when the game will open the door for thousands of backers.

All of that is only my opinion. I could be wrong, so don't pretend on pure fact/truth.

So the question is, Why do you worry about that?

Thanks,

Archonious

Also too it isn't as if orgs have any real power in the game based on how many players have joined, there is no faction currency or anything. A fake org might technically be breaking the rules, but the orgs won't have any real resources until they are allocated to the org in-game by actual members and administrators. In Alpha the only real tangible thing an org will be able to collect is Blueprints (info we have for now is that the blueprints will not be wiped in-between alpha, beta, and the release). Beta might have enough content that org resources might matter, but no one will be able to buy and trade DAC's during that stage. It won't be until release that orgs matter much at all, and even then the same issue I outlined above kicks in (orgs have no assets until they are allocated to the org by the legates and actual org members).

Right now they are just lists of names with no authority.

Also too it isn't as if orgs have any real power in the game based on how many players have joined, there is no faction currency or anything. A fake org might technically be breaking the rules, but the orgs won't have any real resources until they are allocated to the org in-game by actual members and administrators. In Alpha the only real tangible thing an org will be able to collect is Blueprints (info we have for now is that the blueprints will not be wiped in-between alpha, beta, and the release). Beta might have enough content that org resources might matter, but no one will be able to buy and trade DAC's during that stage. It won't be until release that orgs matter much at all, and even then the same issue I outlined above kicks in (orgs have no assets until they are allocated to the org by the legates and actual org members).

Right now they are just lists of names with no authority.

That if to say from "Material Side". Alpha/Beta will create members relations based on early game mechanics, not just of vision, dreams or promises. That what make crew/members foundation of org/clan/guild/corp, real situations and problems. I mean foundation of Orgs as teams or member cooperations. 

Of course, there are some teams right now (real teams), but I'm sure they are minority. Anyway, we will see...

Thanks,

Archonious

I like this idea.

Or having a kind of spotlight, where certain orgs are selected somewhat randomly based on a couple of factors (when was it made, activity, attention, or ratios of that)